Re: [METHADONIA ] Is 90mgs ...

  • James
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 10, 2005
      Thanks for the prompt reply Claude and I want to
      research more about 'Rapid Tetox' and see what kind of
      results folks are having and of course the price$$$

      I live in Florida and get my meth from the pharmacy
      just like I get my prozac (yes I need this and
      synthroid as well!)

      Jim

      === message truncated ===

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Roxanne
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 10, 2005
        James wrote:

        > One last thing, has anyone heard of a withdrawal
        > process where they knock ya out for a couple days and
        > you go through all your withdrawals in that time so
        > when you wake up your ok? Its something like that ,
        > anyone?
        >
        > Jim

        Hey Jim,

        I wanted to address this issue as it comes up often. We all want that
        instant fix so we feel better
        and it happens to your neighbor and your Dr and everyone else. No one is
        immune from
        wanting instant gratification..:) What your talking about is Ultra
        Rapid Opiod Detox and
        it could kill you. A Dr has lost his license,but still practices with
        this un-medical,un-ethical
        way to treat someone. Don't do it! What you described in your post is
        exactly how you'll
        feel only amplify that by a thousand fold. You wouldn't believe some of
        the accounts that
        have been told to me by patients who actually survived this procedure.
        Jim,I am a thyroid patient as well so I have to take meds the rest of
        my life as my
        thyroid is pretty much dead and doesn't work. Try to use that type of
        thinking with the
        medication methadone. Once I tried to get off methadone and didn't use
        and did the
        12 step route,now when we 1st kick our thought process is off and we
        have a hard time
        putting words together,even mobility is a problem...this is due to the
        endorphins in our
        body. I couldn't talk 14 month down the road,I couldn't walk I was a
        mess. I went back
        and used and promptly got back on this medication. That was 20 yrs ago
        and I haven't
        shut up since hahah :) Not only has methadone given me back my life I
        am now very
        much involved with Advocacy and am a Certified Methadone Advocate and
        try to educate
        providers,patients,Dr's,Judges Parole Officer's etc that this is not
        exchanging one drug for
        another and it is a medication. It can get frustrating when even
        patients are buying into the stigma
        and the mis-truths about methadone,but they are only repeating what they
        have heard and sometimes
        they hear this from their Counseler!!!! Claude and I work together even
        tho we are on seperate
        coasts.
        If 90 mg's works for you then that is what you should take. The regs
        have changed and
        programs can now give 14 to 30 day takehomes,if you qualify<which I
        think is BS> and if
        the program and State have upgraded their regs so the patients may
        benifit from them. It
        depends on the State. Some are already, and have been, giving the
        extended take home
        schedule to find it really works for the patient and it helps our
        self-esteem not being treated
        like someone who can't make their own decisions. Now when we 1st drove
        up to the program
        we couldn't,But COME ON....2 and 4 yrs down the road. I was in the
        program 18 yrs and still going
        once a week and thought there is something wrong with this picture,and
        so did many other's around
        the US. There was a list Started many many moons ago at Calyx and the
        Powers that be started paying
        attention to what patients had to say. I mean if enough folks say the
        same thing there must be something to it
        right? Anyhow this was the turning point for methadone. Yes,the system
        is still very broken,but it has eased up some
        and patients are educating themselves with regulations and about doses
        and the brain and going in and
        making their cases heard. There are many lists online about methadone
        and I need to say that you should
        always look for referenced data when something is being told to you. Not
        everyone tells what is right.
        So..here are a coupld of sites that I recommend to find out answers and
        get the referenced data on top
        of that www.methadone.org www.atforum.com Just for starters.
        Claude,can you think of any other's??

        Take Care and I hope this has helped

        Rokki :)

        --
        Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
        Chapter Coordinator

      • James
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 10, 2005
          Thanks Roxanne,

          I will look into your refs and will beginn to research
          more regarding Rapid / Ultra Detox .

          I guess I just follow folks around some times , hope
          ya dont mind...

          Jim

        • Rowdy Hakes
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 11, 2005

            --- Roxanne <bluelady16.1@...> wrote:
> [...]
            > with this picture,and
            > so did many other's around
            > the US. There was a list Started many many moons ago
            > at Calyx and the
            > Powers that be started paying
            > attention to what patients had to say. I mean if
            > enough folks say the
            > same thing there must be something to it
            > right? Anyhow this was the turning point for
            > methadone. Yes,the system
            > is still very broken,but it has eased up some
            > and patients are educating themselves with
            > regulations and about doses
            > and the brain and going in and
            > making their cases heard. There are many lists
            > online about methadone
            > and I need to say that you should
            > always look for referenced data when something is
            > being told to you. Not
            > everyone tells what is right.
            > So..here are a coupld of sites that I recommend to

            Hey All'

            I remember this girl that went through this "Procedure"? at my clinic,"UROD". She wanted off of everything but Xanax?? She was really strange after that, she didn't want to be around anybody, anymore, even her close friends. She didn't want to do anything any anymore. This is when they just came out with it-"UROD" I personally haven't seen her in 7 years, that's about when she had it done. She'll never be the same,her best friend, she won't do the things she used to do with her. I know one thing, I would never,ever use this killer (UROD). Then you have to fight the urges to do dope, It makes no since to me....NO THANKS!!! You all have a great day, and stay out of trouble : ).

            Steven"Rowdy"Hakes

            Southern Arizona NAMA Chapter
            Steven"Rowdy"Hakes (Director)
            rowdy582004@...
            "Together we can make a difference"
            NAMA Main Chapter
            http://www.methadone.org/
            Hepatitis "C" website
            http://www.nahtf.org

          • Rowdy Hakes
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 11, 2005

              --- Roxanne <bluelady16.1@...> wrote:
> [...]
              > www.methadone.org
              > bluelady16.1@...
              > METHADONE *IS* MEDICINE

              > removed]

              Hey All'

              I remember this girl that went through this "Procedure"? at my clinic,"UROD". She wanted off of everything but Xanax?? She was really strange after that, she didn't want to be around anybody, anymore, even her close friends. She didn't want to do anything any anymore. This is when they just came out with it-"UROD" I personally haven't seen her in 7 years, that's about when she had it done. She'll never be the same,her best friend, she won't do the things she used to do with her. I know one thing, I would never,ever use this killer (UROD). Then you have to fight the urges to do dope, It makes no since to me....NO THANKS!!! You all have a great day, and stay out of trouble : ).

            • Stephanie Vazquez
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 12, 2005
                I have also read the experiences of those who went through UROD. The
                one thing that left a lasting impression on me was the stories of the
                naltrexone implants. The doctors would implant these 6 month
                naltrexone implants at the same time as the UROD was done. Then these
                patients would wake up in total withdrawl (not "mild") and these
                patients would freak out. Keep in mind that these patients were under
                the false impression (as they were told this by the doctors) that they
                would be symptom free. The patients would call the doctor who did the
                UROD and would be told to just give it some time and the symptoms would
                go away or lessen. So, now these patients are freaking out and the
                only relief they can hope for, is to "use"......BUT that naltrexone
                implant is in their body! I have read many a story where these
                patients have dug out their naltrexone implant.....some dug it out with
                a razor blade...some with a knife.
                These stories where the patients are in so much pain, that they feel
                the only hope of some relief is to dig out an implant from their body,
                just break my heart! :(

                Take care,
                Stephanie Vazquez
                NYC NAMA