Re: [METHADONIA ] [Fwd: JTO Direct - Daily Edition - 3/30/05]

  • gms2218@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
      I have a question hopefully someone can help me I'm currently receiving two
      weeks of take homes from my clinic therefore I report only twice a month my
      question is this does the potency of the medication lesson like say by the time I
      get to my 8th bottle will it be not as strong also is there a better place to
      store it I currently use the medicine cabinet some people say it last longer
      if refrigerated can someone help me with this?

      Bmoreslim

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
        I presume you are talking about methadone tablets that were dropped in water or methadone in a syrup mixture, well either one should be fine as long as no juice or tang was added to the bottles thus causing it to spoil. Your clinic should be giving you your t/h in dry form as the federal rules allow for this and you should ask your clinic why aren't you getting the t/h in the dry form and see what their answer is.
        I would not recommend the icebox even if you don't have children in the house unless you have them in a lock box that cannot easily be accessed without the key.
        I have a question hopefully someone can help me I'm currently receiving two
        weeks of take homes from my clinic therefore I report only twice a month my
        question is this does the potency of the medication lesson like say by the time I
        get to my 8th bottle will it be not as strong also is there a better place to
        store it I currently use the medicine cabinet some people say it last longer
        if refrigerated can someone help me with this?

        Bmoreslim

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Roxanne
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 31, 2005
          gms2218@... wrote:

          > I have a question hopefully someone can help me I'm currently
          > receiving two
          > weeks of take homes from my clinic therefore I report only twice a
          > month my
          > question is this does the potency of the medication lesson like say by
          > the time I
          > get to my 8th bottle will it be not as strong also is there a better
          > place to
          > store it I currently use the medicine cabinet some people say it last
          > longer
          > if refrigerated can someone help me with this?
          >

          > Bmoreslim

          Some say to put it in the fridge and some say not too. IU would
          put that many in the fridge
          especilly if the program is not using sterile water. This way orginism's
          can not grow in room
          temp bottles. A good place to get info about issues like these is
          www.atforum.com

          Hope that Helps

          Roxanne Baker C.M.A.
          Chapter Coordinator