Re: [METHADONIA ] dosing in Louisiania

  • Apaulling
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hey, Dave here from Houston, (formerly lived in Cave Creek/Phoenix
      area) - One question, for your monthly take outs, do they insist on
      putting water on the pills or do you get the
      actual dry disks? Here they put water on them for some reason, I
      really think it affects potentecy towards end of month, even
      refigerated.

      a week. The only bummer thing is the first couple of years, they had
      methadone, then since then they have had methadose,( I had to go up )
      It's the big white disketts 40's, 10mgs pills and 5mgs. pills to make
      up your dose, they are made by Mallinckrodt. they aren't that bad
      since I went up to 155mgs. and I have monthlys so it's not bad at all.
      Well you have a great day, and stay out of trouble : ).

      > Steven "Rowdy"Hakes

    • Rowdy Hakes
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
        Apaulling <apaulling@...> wrote:Hey, Dave here from Houston, (formerly lived in Cave Creek/Phoenix
        area) - One question, for your monthly take outs, do they insist on
        putting water on the pills or do you get the
        actual dry disks? Here they put water on them for some reason, I
        really think it affects potentecy towards end of month, even
        refigerated.

        a week. The only bummer thing is the first couple of years, they had
        methadone, then since then they have had methadose,( I had to go up )
        It's the big white disketts 40's, 10mgs pills and 5mgs. pills to make
        up your dose, they are made by Mallinckrodt. they aren't that bad
        since I went up to 155mgs. and I have monthlys so it's not bad at all.
        Well you have a great day, and stay out of trouble : ).

        > Steven "Rowdy"Hakes

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Hey Dave,

        No they just give us 40's, 10's, and 5's to make up our dose, and give them to us in presciption bottles. Why would anybody add water to dry meds. before you take them home?? that makes no since what so ever!!! I've never heard of that before, but some clinics have strange rules. I've heard of clinics adding water to liquid methadone before, but that makes no since to me either!! I've been at my clinic for 13 years now, the only one I've been at since 1992, they are very patient freindly. I guess I'm spoiled!! But really water on dry meds. makes no since, I guess it could affect the potentecy, not to mention what could grow in the bottles!! How can you tell if the right ammount of pills are in your bottle?? sounds like something is not right. Anyway you have a great day, and I'll talk to you later if you want : ).

        Steven"Rowdy"Hakes

        Casa Grande, Az.

        Southern Arizona NAMA Chapter
        Steven"Rowdy"Hakes (Director)
        rowdy582004@...
        "Together we can make a difference"
        NAMA Main Chapter
        http://www.methadone.org/
        Hepatitis "C" website
        http://www.nahtf.org

      • Apaulling
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2005
          I have been on this clinic about 13 years as well, (same length I have
          been at present job, odd coincidence!). I do hear other clinics in
          town supply the diskettes dry, but This clinic is pretty cool on other
          fronts, no required counselling, flexible on payments
          (my wife & I owe approx $2500 in back fees). It is getting pretty
          crowded, however, & I find most are young OXY-heads. Do not really
          understand non-needlers going on meth, but whatever works. I remember
          when we lived in New Mexico in the 80s & did the script thing (no
          triplicates required) we ended up using 80-100 mg of hydro & oxy
          codone/day,
          when time came to quit after about a year of this, just felt a bit
          anxious & lost a nite of sleep. I guess filling the opiod receptors
          is as much mental as physical. later.

        • gms2218@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2005
            just wanted to comment on the issue bought up about adding water to the
            meth by certain clinics, I'm in Baltimore at the Veterans Hospital clinic I've
            been here for about 10 years during this time we have had several different
            types of meth from the diskettes to the clear liquid to the pink liquid which we
            are on now and they have always added something to the meth for instance when
            we had the diskettes they added a tang like substance the clear they added a
            cherry type drink and to the pink which we have now they add just plain water.
            They're reasoning for this is to soften the taste so we can ingest it easier.
            It doesn't matter to me either way (them adding water or not) although we do
            have the option of telling them to add just a little water or a lot. Like you
            said different rules for different clinics.

            Peace All
            Ice

          • Oats Willie
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2005
              Hey Dave from Houston~~ This is Oats,the Cafe' manager..I dose in
              Houston and I get dry tabs in the original jugs..(monthly takeouts)
              Where do you go in Houston? I dose in the Northwest part. I know
              Houston has quite a few clinics. and as far as Louisiana, the time
              that I called the clinics in New Orleans they all said they didn't
              dose over 1oo,even though there is supposed to be no more caps.. Yea,
              right, tell them that and see what they do..Nothing, but tell ya to
              go somewhere else. Alot of these places still are in the stone ages
              no matter what the law says. Methadone gets a very low priority as
              far as lawmakers go. It's not a very friendly subject in the press.
              I'm the NAMA rep in Miss. and S. Ala. but that doesn't give me one
              bit of clout around these parts. That's why I have to drive all the
              way to Houston. Also today I found out I have kidney stones. Man, no
              insurance and you are screwed if you get sick! I'm on some waiting
              list now to get it taken care of..That's if I make it that long. It
              doesn't help being on methadone either when you need help..Does
              anyone here have any experience with kidney stones? I mean any
              helpful tips as far as diet or what to do until I can get fixed? I
              already passed a few and they almost killed me..But I quit drinking
              soda and coffee and haven't had an episode so far(cross my fingers
              and pray a bunch!) Oh well, I'll be be around here when I'm able.
              Thanks to everyone for all the great posts lately! Keep up the good
              work! Gulf Coast NAMA
              Oats

              --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, Rowdy Hakes
              <rowdy582004@y...> wrote:

              > Apaulling <apaulling@g...> wrote:Hey, Dave here from Houston,
              (formerly lived in Cave Creek/Phoenix
              > area) - One question, for your monthly take outs, do they insist on
              > putting water on the pills or do you get the
              > actual dry disks? Here they put water on them for some reason, I
              > really think it affects potentecy towards end of month, even
              > refigerated.
              >

              > a week. The only bummer thing is the first couple of years, they had
              > methadone, then since then they have had methadose,( I had to go
              up )
              > It's the big white disketts 40's, 10mgs pills and 5mgs. pills to
              make
              > up your dose, they are made by Mallinckrodt. they aren't that bad
              > since I went up to 155mgs. and I have monthlys so it's not bad at
              all.
              > Well you have a great day, and stay out of trouble : ).
              > >
              > > Steven "Rowdy"Hakes
              > >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.