Regarding the 2 questions post

  • starrshine1969
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
      I've never heard something so stupid as "Anything over 40mgs is wasted"
      and if this were true, WHY DID the DOC GIVE YOU 60mgs? WASN"T THAT JUST
      A WASTE? What a crock. Did you suffer because of this?

      NOW regarding the other question. Most panel tests, where they're using
      urine, do not have a section for methadone. AND with the blood test,
      the lab only tests for what the doc orders. IF there were no orders to
      do drug screening then there would be no reason to do the test.
    • James C. Creeden
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
        Hi Jim here again,

        I understand that these TWO questions may hit some major nerves in a
        few of you (as it did me) but please understand that these are not my
        ideas or beliefs but a patient's and some Knuckle Head Doctors!

        I need serious objective feed back from this group in order to try and
        give this one doc some facts that he has certainly misrepresented or
        perhaps even rewrote for his own sake! I will need all the amo I can
        get to throw at him and my only reward is in knowing that he stands to
        be corrected! So for all those who may hold da hard facts come on...

        If anyone knows about the urine or blood tests given to methadone
        users I would like to hear some serious facts on this as well, please?

        True and blue,
        Jim friendlyfarmer2001@...

        --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "starrshine1969"

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2005
          Hi Starshine,

          Starshine if you must ask a question upon a question then I will not
          beable to ever recieve a answer from you . But if you do happen to
          know the answers to any of my TWO questions I would like to hear from
          you more.

          As far as 'why' did the ol doc give me 60 mgs(INSTEAD OF MY 90) I
          believe that it is common for a doc to 'play doctor' by rewriting a
          dose on a opiate patient(though so,so wrong!). I believe he may have
          thought that he was some how 'breaking even' by giving me a lower dose
          then what I was suppose to take. And although it was 20 mgs higher
          then what he thought was enough (40mgs), it may have been protocol to
          find a happy medium. I went through some withdrawls of course but
          thank God I'm back home and safe once again!

          Thanks ,
          Jim