NIMBY in my home town of Rockland, Maine

  • starrshine1969
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2004
      HELP HELP HELP!!! My friend has the cabbage to open a clinic, and
      we're fighting the good fight here in Rockland,Maine, but the NAYSAYERs
      and 12Steppers are REALLY making this hard...

      City Coucil is willing to break the law to inact a new zoning ordinace
      that disallows "single use pharmacies" to be located any where but this
      one tiny speck of town that is wayyyy farrrr awayyyy from town at all!
      OF course, I am personally getting attacked from every direction.
      People are out right lying about how their loved ones died - overdosed
      but they're blaming clinics and methadone when that isn't even the
      case... anyone interested in helping with some factual posts and links
      or just positive success stories about your treatment would be so
      appreciated!!

      http://rocklandmaine.net/cb is one site called "casablanca" and another
      on line news site is called "Village Soup" do a search... you can then
      find many articles regarding our battle, plus you can read the hundreds
      and hundreds of comments by the Naysayers and a few of us MMTers, too.

      Thanks for your help... BTW the clinic's name is going to be "Turning
      Tide, Inc."