Re: [METHADONIA ] MM Patient Arrested

  • KRobJ@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , May 28, 2004
      This happened in the upstate of South Carolina. Imagine that!

    • LA Bureau of Investigation
      Message 2 of 10 , May 29, 2004
        Call me between 8-5 on Monday preferably with the person arrested present,
        so she can answer any questions and we will see if there are any weaknesses
        within the prosecutions case. Have her bring any paperwork that she was
        given upon bonding out to your office. My telephone number is 337-207-6999.

        Thomas

        _____

        This happened in the upstate of South Carolina. Imagine that!

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c47p39a/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=grphea
        lth/S=1705061541:HM/EXP=1085877222/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://compa
        nion.yahoo.com> click here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=grphealth
        /S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=928604656>

        _____

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • KRobJ@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 30, 2004
          Dear Thomas,

          Thanks so much for the offer. We are closed on Monday for Memorial Day and
          will reopen on Tuesday. I will talk to her counselor and have her make the
          trip up and arrange this hopefully for Tuesday or Wednesday. She is a phase 4
          patient and lives a little distance. We are very appreciative. Will get back
          to you on Tuesday.

          Kind Regards, Bob Jones

        • hossy444
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 6, 2004
            I don't find this patient's story "suspect" at all. As Claude
            mentioned, it happens quite frequently. The views concerning MMT of
            different law enforcement agencys differ greatly in this country. I
            am the co-director of Va.'s NAMA chapter, and we are currently
            working diligently to change the attitude of a local Sherrif's
            Dept., Circut Court Judge, and Parole Office. The Deputys sit in
            plain view of the MMT clinic parking lot and copy licesense plate
            numbers of patients and several of these patients, after being
            pulled over for minor traffic infractions, have been taken to the
            hospital, had their blood drawn, and then have been charged and
            booked for DUID. This only recently started becoming an issue and
            has since "quieted down" some because most of the cases that have
            gone to trial were either thrown out of court or were won by the
            defendents. You have to realize that we live in a very rural part of
            the country and MMT has only been in exsistence in this area for a
            short while (a little over 3 years). It is a whole different world
            from LA, believe me and, as I said, the prejudices and ignorance
            toward MMT run rampant.

            Hoss Kitts
            VA NAMA

            --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "LA Bureau of Investigation"
            <laspy1@y...> wrote:
            > I am a police officer and currently work DUI enforcement for a
            municipal
            > police department. I would be very suspect that she was given a
            DUI just on
            > those facts alone. In most states, you have to be impaired before
            you can
            > be arrested for DUI. I have never meet a methadone maintenance
            patient that
            > was impaired, especially after being stable.
            >
            > If I were you, I would investigate if there were other elements,
            such as
            > additional drugs or alcohol involved. If it turns out that he/she
            is being
            > honest and she was arrested for having methadone in her vehicle,
            get back
            > with me and I will try to point you in the right direction to help
            her. Of
            > course, she/he will need an attorney. Until then, tell her/him
            not to give
            > any additional information to law enforcement regarding her
            > intake/possession on that date.
            >
            > What State did this happen within?
            >
            > Good luck,
            >
            > Thomas
            >
            > _____

            My
            > professional position is as the clinical supervisor at Southwest
            > Carolina Treatment Center in Anderson, SC. One of our patients
            was
            > arrested for DUI because she had her methadone in the car
            following a
            > traffic stop. Can you give us some suggestions on ways to
            advocate
            > for her? This is just plain wrong...and discriminatory in my
            > judgement. HELP!
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ce2ohkd/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D
            =grphea

            lth/S=1705061541:HM/EXP=1085826598/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:
            //compa
            > nion.yahoo.com> click here
            >
            > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
            M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=grphealth
            > /S=:HM/A=2128215/rand=692047406>
            >
            > _____
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            subject=Unsubscribe>