Re: Federal Guidlines on Takeouts

  • Stephanie Vazquez
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hello John,

      Dann gave you the Federal Regulations for take-homes, however, the
      "current" New York State Methadone Regulations are more stringent, so
      that is what we must abide by.
      Here is the link to the "current" NYS Methadone Regs :
      http://www.oasas.state.ny.us/regs/828.htm

      This is the current take-home schedule: (though, I suggest that you go
      to the link above and read them yourself and also the criteria
      necessary to request them.)

      (i) If the patient has been admitted for less than three months
      (including the stabilization period), daily clinic visits are required
      unless the program is only open six days a week, in which case one
      daily take-home dose may be issued weekly.

      (ii) If the patient has been admitted more than three months but less
      than two years, no less than three clinic visits weekly are required.
      No more than two take-home doses may be issued at any time, and no more
      than a total of four take-home doses in any week.

      (iii) If the patient has been admitted for at least two years but less
      than three years, no less than two clinic visits per week are required.
      No more than three take-home doses may be issued at any time, and no
      more than a total of five take-home doses in any week.

      (iv) If a patient has been admitted for three years, a six-day supply
      of methadone may be provided.
      ==================
      One more thing, I keep emphasizing that these are the "current" NYS
      Methadone Regs, because OASAS has submitted a proposal for NEW (updated
      )regulations. The proposed take-home schedule is changed. However,
      this is in the early stages now. The CURRENT regs are the ones we must
      follow now(the ones I gave you).
      Take care,
      Stephanie Vazquez
      NY NAMA
      Brooklyn, New York
      ssv55@...
      http://www.methadone.org
      Together We Can Make a Difference

      On Sunday, February 29, 2004, at 08:05 PM, johnnyrock wrote:

      > Hi all, john here from NYC, i remember reading somewhere about New
      > Fed guidlines for takeouts. I think they were suggestions from OSAS.
      > I am back on for ninety days already and since i've gotten all
      > my "bad behavior" behind me (i dont expect to fuck this up this time
      > LOL) How long before each time i can gain a take home day ? Thanks
      > in advance for all your help, Sincerly, John Henry

    • johnnyrock
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
        --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie Vazquez
        <ssv55@e...> wrote:
        > Hello John,
        >
        > Dann gave you the Federal Regulations for take-homes, however,
        the
        > "current" New York State Methadone Regulations are more stringent,
        so
        > that is what we must abide by.
        > Here is the link to the "current" NYS Methadone Regs :
        > http://www.oasas.state.ny.us/regs/828.htm
        >
        > This is the current take-home schedule: (though, I suggest that
        you go
        > to the link above and read them yourself and also the criteria
        > necessary to request them.)
        >
        > (i) If the patient has been admitted for less than three months
        > (including the stabilization period), daily clinic visits are
        required
        > unless the program is only open six days a week, in which case
        one
        > daily take-home dose may be issued weekly.
        >
        > (ii) If the patient has been admitted more than three months but
        less
        > than two years, no less than three clinic visits weekly are
        required.
        > No more than two take-home doses may be issued at any time, and no
        more
        > than a total of four take-home doses in any week.
        >
        > (iii) If the patient has been admitted for at least two years but
        less
        > than three years, no less than two clinic visits per week are
        required.
        > No more than three take-home doses may be issued at any time, and
        no
        > more than a total of five take-home doses in any week.
        >
        > (iv) If a patient has been admitted for three years, a six-day
        supply
        > of methadone may be provided.

        ===
        > ==================
        > One more thing, I keep emphasizing that these are the "current"
        NYS
        > Methadone Regs, because OASAS has submitted a proposal for NEW
        (updated
        > )regulations. The proposed take-home schedule is changed.
        However,
        > this is in the early stages now. The CURRENT regs are the ones we
        must
        > follow now(the ones I gave you).
        > Take care,
        > Stephanie Vazquez
        > NY NAMA
        > Brooklyn, New York
        > ssv55@e...
        > http://www.methadone.org
        > Together We Can Make a Difference
        Did I say thanks for INFO?< well Thanks in case I forgot. I read
        link for regs on Take home, but i need help understanding them.
        since my ninety days were up last saturday and my counselor
        is "presenting" me next tuesday, what is the best they can approve
        me for at first presentation? Can i get more than two take homes? I
        certainly meet all the other criteria, clean urines, responsible, i
        work 2 jobs and own my home.Wadda think? Hope you are all having a
        great day, THANK GOD the Cold weather is GONE., Sincerly, JOHN

      • Lenny Tizz
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2004
          Hi with a name Johnnyrockyou must be from my time.I live in Michigan.I know i am sorry.I like Mich.Mets the first was 1970. They got cought with there hands in the cookie jar.That was my first metClint.I put you in my address book it sounds like you know what you are talking about.If you know how meany days can I get take homes 13 or 30 ????.I only go once a week Mondays. The most 4 a fishing is 13 I think this is not the TRUTH.

          Lenny Tizz bigtizz@...

          <ssv55@e...> wrote:
> [...]
          must
          > follow now(the ones I gave you).
          > Take care,
          > Stephanie Vazquez
          > NY NAMA
          > Brooklyn, New York
          > ssv55@e...
          > http://www.methadone.org
          > Together We Can Make a Difference
          Did I say thanks for INFO?< well Thanks in case I forgot. I read
          link for regs on Take home, but i need help understanding them.
          since my ninety days were up last saturday and my counselor
          is "presenting" me next tuesday, what is the best they can approve
          me for at first presentation? Can i get more than two take homes? I
          certainly meet all the other criteria, clean urines, responsible, i
          work 2 jobs and own my home.Wadda think? Hope you are all having a
          great day, THANK GOD the Cold weather is GONE., Sincerly, JOHN

          Lenny Tizz A.K.A Fatman ps>>> my the year 2001 be Great!!!!!!!!!!