using legal methadone and want some info on quanitative drug testing

  • swtbear2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2003
      I am currently taking 120mg of methadone daily, prescribed by pain
      management Dr. A couple weeks ago I was given an unexpected
      quanitative test. It's suppose to tell the Dr how much methadone is
      in your system and if you have been taking the prescribed dose over
      the past month. He told me that it did not show that I had been
      taking my complete dose daily and he lowered me. The thing is that I
      have been taking the right dose, just at different times of the day
      because of the type of job I have. I am not familiar with this test
      and can't imagine that this type of UA test can tell that info over a
      months time, maybe up to five days. Anyone have info on this type of
      test please reply.
    • Samier
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 9, 2003
        I get Methadone since 8 years now and never heard from that kind of
        test.....and that is absolute unlogical....not all body system`s work the
        same....if that kind of test would be possible....why not did more doctors
        use these test to detect if you really take your complete dose?...There must
        be something wrong.....maybe your doctor only needed a cause to lower your
        dose????

        Samier

        _______________________________________
        ...Peace and love...
        ICQ#: 164345965
        http://www.facelink.com/samier30
        http://www.mygeldbar.de/?ref=samier

        I am currently taking 120mg of methadone daily, prescribed by pain
        management Dr. A couple weeks ago I was given an unexpected
        quanitative test. It's suppose to tell the Dr how much methadone is
        in your system and if you have been taking the prescribed dose over
        the past month. He told me that it did not show that I had been
        taking my complete dose daily and he lowered me. The thing is that I
        have been taking the right dose, just at different times of the day
        because of the type of job I have. I am not familiar with this test
        and can't imagine that this type of UA test can tell that info over a
        months time, maybe up to five days. Anyone have info on this type of
        test please reply.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050615
        41:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?
        camp=556&lineid=3614674&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupmai
        l/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=163256652>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      • James
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2003
          Hi there Sweet bear , I was too tested a month ago and
          the test was one that looked for anything and
          everything!
          Well I almost passed this "look for everything test"
          until pheno-barbitol showed up telling the office I
          was taking a substance un-prescribed to me(doggie
          seizure pills that I took TO HELP ME SLEEP) ... well I
          came clean and in fact had since been prescribed a
          sleeping pill from my primary Doc . All was
          forgiven.Know let me say this he went all through my
          blood test and when he breezed by my meth levels I
          stopped him purposely and asked him how I was doing
          with my prescribed doses and he could not give me a
          firm answer! He said there were no red lights?
          OK Sweet Bear(I hope you are a female!) I knew I was
          taking double the dose and in fact that was reason I
          was seeing him that day/to get a re-up after going
          through 1 months prescribed dose in 2 WEEKS!
          Oh my dose is half of yours darlin ,,,60MG'S A DAY!
          And his only comment was that it looked as if I was
          doing better then he had ever seen me before! "But Doc
          are my meth levels a problem (me and my big mouth
          again) and he assured me everything was as it should
          be. I then left it alone.
          He wrote me my script and I took it to "a pharmacy
          where they then made a mistake by giving me 285 tabs
          and not the prescribed dose of 180.
          I'am at a loss for words and advice will not help
          because when you have that many extra pills in your
          face you tend to over do it .
          So is life in the hands of a opiate addict!
          Questions ....I thought not!

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 11, 2003
            Man, I couldn't even sleep last night thinking about your post
            about your Doctor giving you this BULLSHIT!! That is the reason I aam
            an advocate. To educate people about methadone and give them the
            TRUTH.That doctor is full of shit in my opinion because everyone
            metabolizes their drugs differently. Sure, there is a standard level
            that most can go by but it is not positive for everyone. The levels
            can vary GREATLY from one person to the next. That is why some
            peeeople have to split their dose into two, three times a day and
            others just once. That is why doses range from 10 mgs. a day to
            1,000's of milligrams a day! From what I have studied and found out
            from the best doctors in the field your doctor saying you are doing
            something wrong is totally BULLSHIT! Ask Dr. Payte or Dr. Shinderman
            about this. They would be ashamed to be in the same profession as
            this guy. If your tests read that your levels are low would mean you
            needed an increase to me, not take some away! Man, this stuff pisses
            me off to no end..Good luck! That is why I'm willing to travel across
            the country in order to get the right treatment.
            Oats
            ---
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2003
              I have to agree with oats on this one it sounds like the doctor is trying to play some head game with you or he is just outright incompetent. They can test to see if you have meth in your system and the level should be in a certain range but this all depends on your metabolism ,what other medications you may be taking what your health conditions are and so forth.We both can take 200 mg at the same time and tested the next day at the same time and one of us may show a higher reading than the other but we both took the same dose,so this info that the doctor is spreading has many flaws in it and he's not giving you the proper info.

              claude
              Nama/NJ

              wrote:
              > I am currently taking 120mg of methadone daily, prescribed by pain
              > management Dr. A couple weeks ago I was given an unexpected
              > quanitative test. It's suppose to tell the Dr how much methadone is
              > in your system and if you have been taking the prescribed dose over
              > the past month. He told me that it did not show that I had been
              > taking my complete dose daily and he lowered me. The thing is that
              > have been taking the right dose, just at different times of the day
              > because of the type of job I have. I am not familiar with this test
              > and can't imagine that this type of UA test can tell that info over
              > months time, maybe up to five days. Anyone have info on this type
              of
              > test please reply.

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              ARMED WITH THE FACTS