674Re: FINALLY, DRUG FREE...PLEASE READ

    Apr 23, 2002

      > HEY EVERYBODY,
      > I JUST WANTED TO DROP A QUICK NOTE AND TELL THE WORLD THAT I AM
      > FINALLY DRUG FREE. AFTER 18 MONTHS OF BEING ADDICTED TO OXYCONTIN
      > AND THEN GETTING ON METHADONE, AND BEING ON IT FOR 10 MONTHS. THE
      > METHADONE ALMOST KILLED ME, I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO GO THRU THE
      > EXCRUSIATING PAIN OF STOPPING COLD TURKEY AT 38 ML. IT TOOK 12
      DAYS
      > OF UNBALEIVALBLE PAIN AND THEN 72 HOURS OF NO SLEEP, I FINALLY MADE
      > IT.
      >
      > SO FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WERE LIKE ME, ABUSING DRUGS (OXYCONTIN), I
      DID
      > NOT NEED THEM FOR ANYTHING AT ALL, JUST TO GET HIGH ON. I DID IT.
      > YOU CAN NOT IMAGINE HOW IT FEELS TO BE SOBER AFTER ALMOST 3 YEARS.
      > MY BODY IS WEAK AND I AM SEVERELY UNDERWEIGHT BUT THAT WILL BE
      > NOTHING AFTER WHAT I HAVE BEEN THRU.
      >
      > IF YOU TOO, WOULD GIVE A LIMB OF YOUR BODY TO BE DRUG FREE, DON'T
      > GIVE UP, YOU CAN DO IT. IT TOOK 12 DAYS OF PAIN AND HAVING ACCESS
      > OXY'S AND METHADONE, IT WAS THE BATTLE OF A LIFETIME. BUT IF I CAN
      > DO IT, ANYBODY CAN DO IT.
      >
      > NEVER GIVE UP AND SET YOUR GOALS HIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      >
      > SHARPSHOOTER7007......LESA

      Hey Lesa~ Congratulations on your sobriety! Please keep us updated of
      your progress,or any slips if they occur..I wanna hear about it! As
      far as me,I'm 45 yrs. old and after more than half of it strung out
      on dope I think MMT is as sober as I'm gonna get..But I really admire
      your courage.Keep up the good work! Oats
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic