2189Re: [METHADONIA ] Re: Clinic Harrassment

    Dec 10, 2009
      I believe you should rethink your tapering plan it does not sound like it was well thought out.60mg in three days is a formula for failure, methadone is not like any other opioid and it doesn't react favorably to a quick reduction in dose,this method is likely to end up in a relapse. I hope you rethink your plan.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Sherryl Sagendorf
      To: DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:08 AM
      Subject: Re: [METHADONIA ] Re: Clinic Harrassment

      Hi Terry and Rokki,

      It's so nice to have support from people who know what I'm going through. Thanks.
      I've decided to take control of my treatment/life by managing my detox from the clinic as much as I can and keeping a positive attitude. Tommorrow is clinic payday and I plan on not paying which will place me on administrative detox. (they'll start it tommorrow despite the fact that we pay a week in advance which means I've already paid for tommorrow. More BS from them). They'll reduce my dose by 20mg a day so by Monday I will have cut my dose by almost 1/3! I'll be at 140mg (from 200mg) and will reassess with my counselor how I'm feeling. If I'm not doing well, I could pay and either stay at 140mg or go back up to 200mg. If I'm doing well, I can continue to not pay and they will continue to drop me 20mg each day till I hit 100mg and then drop me 10mg a day til I hit zero.
      So this will give me a chance to sample withdrawal and still be able to back-up if needed. I feel empowered by this decision. And, I'll be closer to the dose max required for Suboxone treatment, which I believe is 40mg. I have an appt with a Suboxone doctor for next Friday. My counselor told me today that if he had known that I have medical insurance he would have recomended me to a private physician when he first got my case. There is such a high turnover in counselors that they don't get to know you. He's the first counselor I've had here that actually counsels. My 10th counselor in 5 years.
      I'm reading everything I can get my hands on re: Suboxone and methadone withdrawal in general.
      Terry, I will get your number and call you this eve.

      From: Sherryl Sagendorf