2186Re: [METHADONIA ] Re: Clinic Harrassment

  • Sherryl Sagendorf
    Dec 9, 2009
      Hi Rokki,

          The treatment team decided not to give me my take homes back for another 3 months today.     Their reason was that I pulled a negative for methadone on my last supervised UA, despite my telling the nurses that I had been throwing-up prior to dosing (none of the nurses had me sit there for 30 minutes post-dosing which is the protocol here in Florida, if you're nauseaus or sick).  Turns out I had (documented) Swine Flu the entire week.
           So I told my counsleor to 'ask' for an against medical advice detox of two weeks. I'm on 200mg so its going to be rough.  But my point is that these people will just string me along for another 3 months and then say no take homes again.  So, its not just the principle of the matter, but the fact that I can't trust them to actually do what they say because they haven't so far.
          I have made the precaution of making an appt with a pain doctor who is on the Suboxene NAMA list.  He can't see me until the 18th of Dec and I'm not sure if he'll even do anything for me.
      I can start the detox all by myself by simply refusing to pay tommorrow.  They'll bring me down 20 mg a day til I hit 100mg and then 10 mg a day til I hit zero.  I have one bottle of hydrocodone 750/7.5 as a back up.  I'm not sure how much that will help when this gets really bad.
          I'm scared to death because I already have chronic long term depression, so I know how bad this can get.  They finally let me talk to the director today after I officially turned in my complaint form and she lied to my face regarding stating that if I drove home and brought my meds back to be counted and the count was correct, I would get my take homes that day.  She flat out lied to me.
         Another client in line told me that there is already a law suit against Dana, the director and this clinic in particular (Operation Par, New Port Richey Florida).   Is there anyway to find out if this is true or not?  I've tried to go thru the agency's "ethics committee" and their complaint process and that has only gotten me more harrassment.  Everyother day they been either swabbing me or Urine screening me.  Next, they'll likely want a body cavity search (kidding, I hope).  The stress of this ordeal is destroying my relationship.  And I'm so scared and depressed that I find it hard to care really.  Plus, I know how ugly detox is and I don't want her to see me like that/put her or myself through that.
         I need ideas regarding how to detox w/o the help of the clinic, i.e. valium, Klonipin, anything really.

      Thanks,

      Sherryl