2185Re: Clinic Harrassment

  • Roxanne B
    Dec 8, 2009
      One piece of advice here. It's not gonna hurt them if you go into a fast withdrawal. It will hurt only yourself so PLEASE do not ask to be quickly tapered. No one wins then and you suffer ...there is no reason for you to go through that. Your taking a maintenance medication,much like Insulin or heart medication. To stop would only hurt what you have built up for yourself. Is it worth it to throw it all away? I say NO.....Can you tell me what part of the States your in? I'm an Advocate in CA. If you are in CA I can help You. I don't remember now if you stated what State your in. You can always write to me in private and let me know. I totally respect a patients Confidentiality. It's mine and NAMA Recovery's 1st priority,always!

      Really think about who wins if you taper,certainly not you.

      Hang in There,

      Rokki

      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "bsfish425" <bsfish425@...> wrote:

      > Hi Roxanne,
      >
      > Thanks for the response, I feel so alone and targetted. I've asked to see both the director and the doctor 3x and been denied/disregarded by my counselor, who wants to handle this via treatment team where I can't attend and do not have a voice. This past week they've drug screened me 4 times in one week. It's like payback (which another counselor had warned me about when she read the complaint I wrote to the doctor and director). I'm at the point where I'm ready to detox myself because I cannot stand the constant harrassment everyday.
      > I will contact the NAMA rep that you spoke of because I'm really at my breaking point. It's horrible living under the thumb of these unprofessional and hostile staff who hold such power over you.
      > At treatment team tommorrow they are taking up the issues I brought up, including whether to give me my take homes back. I told my counselor that I plan to detox hard and fast if they decide not to give them back because attending the clinic everyday under these circumstances is devastating me emotionally and mentally. I didn't present it as a threat, simply as a plan B.
      >
      > Again, thanks for the comraderie
      >
      > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "Roxanne B" <prezrokki@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Have you tried to take care of this at programs level? It sounds like you have. Did you meet with the Director and let Them know you would like to keep this at program level? If you can't get a rise there go to www.methadone.org and look up the Florida rep for NAMA Recovery who is Nan W. Contact her,e-mail,and see what you 2 can come up with. There are many ways to deal with this...You do have rights as a patient,quiet as it's kept..:)
      > >
      > > Rokki
      > >
      > > --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "bsfish425" <bsfish425@> wrote:

> [...]
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic