2182Re: Clinic Harrassment

  • Roxanne B
    Dec 7, 2009
      Have you tried to take care of this at programs level? It sounds like you have. Did you meet with the Director and let Them know you would like to keep this at program level? If you can't get a rise there go to www.methadone.org and look up the Florida rep for NAMA Recovery who is Nan W. Contact her,e-mail,and see what you 2 can come up with. There are many ways to deal with this...You do have rights as a patient,quiet as it's kept..:)

      Rokki

      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "bsfish425" <bsfish425@...> wrote:

      > I've been clean at the PAR (Florida) clinic for 5 years, then lost my job, my aunt & father died, etc...I relapsed with coke and was caught and subsequently lost my take homes for 3 months. The 3 months passed with all clean urines and I should have been given my take homes back on November 15th, but the very day that my TH were to be given back to me, a nurse said I looked "slow" (I was subsequently diagnosed with Swine Flu which explained why I looked awful)and demanded a UA. The UA was left unattended for 10 minutes by staff so they could/would not use it, counted it against me and keep putting off giving me back my THs by saying that "we need to review the issue at treatment team". Meanwhile, I lost my new job due to not being able to get there on-time (due to not receiving take-homes) and I've made a formal complaint which has resulted in the nurses treating me really unprofessionally. I'm so upset, that I'm getting ready to detox myself (I'm at 200mg). Any suggestions re: recourse to clinic's treatment of me and also how to detox myself off of 200mg w/o going crazy. The only other clinic is one hour away and they won't honor my previous 6 takehomes/5 years clean time unless my present clinic says that I presently have them.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic