1335Re: TWO very good questions

  • Oats Willie
    Feb 4, 2005
      hey Jim~ Oats here with my 2 cents worth for your good questions..As
      far as what the doctor is telling you about 40 mgs. is enuff for pain
      I think is ridiculous..I don't see why he thinks methadone is any
      different than any other opiate used for pain. That's like saying 40
      mgs. is all you need to block the cravings, and anymore is just
      wasted..And that SURE doesn't make any sense to me! I don't know what
      his motive is for telling you this. And as far as the drug testing, I
      do believe that methadone has to specifically be looked for in a
      test. I do believe that in the average tests given by most companies,
      etc.,I don't think it will show up. Your friend may be correct in his
      statement. I have heard this many times before but don't actually
      have any personal experience with it. Maybe someone else could give a
      statement or you could ask a nurse or staff member who you know is
      knowledgeable about the test that clinics give. Ask if it is any
      different than other tests. Thanks for the great post and thanks for
      stopping by the CAFE'! Your friendly sober host and NAMA state
      advocate(MISS. & S. ALA) Oats

      --- In DOLOPHINEA_CAFE@yahoogroups.com, "James C. Creeden"
      <friendlyfarmer2001@y...> wrote:
      > Hi my name is Jim ,
      > I have recently been told two things regarding methadone that I have
      > found hard to swallow.
      > The first is something a doctor told me while I was in the
      hospital. I
      > take 90 mgs of meth for pain and have been for a few years. Well I
      > admitted into the hospital and only given 60mgs and when I asked why
      > my dose was lowered the doc (not my primary doc) told me it was
      > because after 40mgs all of the pain was stopped and the rest was
      > being wasted! Any comments regarding 40mgs blocking all the pain on
      > everyone ?
      > Next question I had a guy I met in the hospital who told me he took
      > methadone illegaly at times and when I asked him if he had any
      > concerns about his job ever drug testing him he said no because
      > methadone did not show up in tests. In fact he was a patient and had
      > taken meth before admitance and had a blood test with negative
      > results,so he says! So is he lieing , is there truth to this?
      > Thank you ,
      > Jim
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic