1334TWO very good questions

  • James C. Creeden
    Feb 4, 2005
      Hi my name is Jim ,

      I have recently been told two things regarding methadone that I have
      found hard to swallow.

      The first is something a doctor told me while I was in the hospital. I
      take 90 mgs of meth for pain and have been for a few years. Well I was
      admitted into the hospital and only given 60mgs and when I asked why
      my dose was lowered the doc (not my primary doc) told me it was
      because after 40mgs all of the pain was stopped and the rest was just
      being wasted! Any comments regarding 40mgs blocking all the pain on
      everyone ?

      Next question I had a guy I met in the hospital who told me he took
      methadone illegaly at times and when I asked him if he had any
      concerns about his job ever drug testing him he said no because
      methadone did not show up in tests. In fact he was a patient and had
      taken meth before admitance and had a blood test with negative
      results,so he says! So is he lieing , is there truth to this?

      Thank you ,
      Jim
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic