1137Re: Federal Guidlines on Takeouts

  • Stephanie Vazquez
    Mar 1, 2004
      Hello John,

      Dann gave you the Federal Regulations for take-homes, however, the
      "current" New York State Methadone Regulations are more stringent, so
      that is what we must abide by.
      Here is the link to the "current" NYS Methadone Regs :
      http://www.oasas.state.ny.us/regs/828.htm

      This is the current take-home schedule: (though, I suggest that you go
      to the link above and read them yourself and also the criteria
      necessary to request them.)

      (i) If the patient has been admitted for less than three months
      (including the stabilization period), daily clinic visits are required
      unless the program is only open six days a week, in which case one
      daily take-home dose may be issued weekly.

      (ii) If the patient has been admitted more than three months but less
      than two years, no less than three clinic visits weekly are required.
      No more than two take-home doses may be issued at any time, and no more
      than a total of four take-home doses in any week.

      (iii) If the patient has been admitted for at least two years but less
      than three years, no less than two clinic visits per week are required.
      No more than three take-home doses may be issued at any time, and no
      more than a total of five take-home doses in any week.

      (iv) If a patient has been admitted for three years, a six-day supply
      of methadone may be provided.
      ==================
      One more thing, I keep emphasizing that these are the "current" NYS
      Methadone Regs, because OASAS has submitted a proposal for NEW (updated
      )regulations. The proposed take-home schedule is changed. However,
      this is in the early stages now. The CURRENT regs are the ones we must
      follow now(the ones I gave you).
      Take care,
      Stephanie Vazquez
      NY NAMA