1067Re: disket haze

  • Stephanie Vazquez
    Jan 6, 2004
      Hello Dann,
      Is this what you are talking about??
      Go to this groups site:
      There is a picture of Lilly's diskette with "U53" on it.

      The topic of which brand of methadone works best, will be around
      forever! :)
      The active portion of methadone, regardless of what brand, all comes
      from the same place. However, different brands use different fillers.
      For example, this is what the package inserts state for these 2
      brands of methadone:

      Roxane brand:

      Each Disket contains 40 mg(0.116 mmol)methadone hydrochloride.
      Each tablet also contains mycrocrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized
      starch, potassium phosphate monobasic, colloidal silicon dioxide,
      stearic acid, magnesium stearate, orange lake
      color and orange-pineapple flavor.

      Methadose brand:

      Each Methadose Dispersible Tablet contains: 40 mg(0.116mmol)Methadone
      Hydrochlorise, USP.
      Each tablet also contains Diabasic Calcium Phosphate USP,
      Mycrocrystalline Cellulose NF, Magnesium Stearate NF, Colloidal Silicon
      Dioxide NF, Pregelatinized Starch NF, and Stearic Acid NF.

      Patients can respond differently to the different fillers...they can
      metabolize them differently.

      Take care,
      Stephanie V.
      NY NAMA