Polar Splash & Doggie Dip coming to Rosie's; dog walking volunteers needed; nominate now: $15,000 LB Hero awards; room needed; more

  • Justin Rudd!
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2012

      Justin Rudd's
      So Cal DOG e-News
      compiled weekly by Justin Rudd! for his 14,500+ subscribers
      Thurs., Jan. 5, 2012
      presented this week by: Wags to Whiskers Pet Grooming, Long Beach

      HAUTE DOG OF THE WEEK
      CLICK HERE to see Riley's weekly "Pick of the Litter." The Haute Dog of the Week is presented by LaunderPet where new grooming customers save $5 off their first visit ($25 minimum) with this ad!

      ANIMAL DERMATOLOGY CLINIC NOW OPEN IN LONG BEACH!
      Animal Dermatology Clinic specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of skin disease, allergy and chronic ear disease in animals.  If your pet has an unresolved skin or allergic condition, ask your veterinarian if a referral to Animal Dermatology Clinic is needed for your pet.  We are located at 3553 Atlantic Ave, LB, CA 90807.  Laura Wilson, DVM, Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Dermatology is our Long Beach doctor.  To make an appointment or if you have questions, call (949) 936-0066.  Learn more about us at www.animaldermatology.com

      PROFESSIONAL FEMALE WITH A GREAT DOG NEEDS A ROOM/BATH OR BACKHOUSE
      until I can buy a home next year. My dog is well behaved, clean and loves other dogs. I am looking for a female or a couple (females or males) that are easy going, clean, professional and dog lovers. please let me know as soon as possible and If it makes a difference I'm willing to assist in clean up and feeding of all dogs in the home. Personal and business referrals upon request. Would like to move as soon as possible with 30days notice..Thank you, call 1-714-390-6008

      uber-logo-09-2UBERDOG - VOTED BEST PET TRAINER/PET SITTER FOR 2010!

      Voted ‘Best Pet Trainer/Sitter' by Beachcomber Newspaper, Uberdog continues to be a favorite choice for training and exercise! Group classes forming now for 2011, or schedule private training in your home. K9 Fit Club (dog park play groups), exercise and pet sitting are also available! Get the dog you want and deserve! For information, call (562) 999-6747 or david@.... www.uberdogtrainer.com.

      Haute Dogs

      PATSY SHESAWSOME HALL: ANYONE WANT A 9 MONTH OLD PIT?
      im moving and cant have her anymore =/ shes great with kids! doesnt bark, listens well and is fixed

      Michelle Whiting

      A DARK BROWN/BLACK FEMALE PIT BULL PUPPY WAS FOUND IN THE 1500 BLOCK of Florida. She is super friendly and about a year old. If she is yours, I will answer you on this wall. Thanks!

      Haute Dogs

      LONG BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY: THIS IMAGE IS ONE IN A SERIES TAKEN BY THE LONG BEACH RECREATION DEPARTMENT DURING THE HUMANE Society's Pet Show in Bixby Park, 1943.

      https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/398380_10150588954740761_90164165760_11210363_297801816_n.jpg

      LBPL Digital Archive Just a sampling of what we have in our new LBPL Digital Archive. By: Long Beach Public Library

      CLAUDIA HOFFMANN

      Does anyone have time to walk dogs today??? Between 2-5 p.m. in Long Beach?

      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/373701_202657219826569_1677828442_n.jpg

      Long Beach Dog Walker Volunteers

      This page is for people that want to volunteer some of their time to walk dogs. Dogs that are otherwise stuck in their kennels in boarding. Whatever your reason: lose weight, love animals, do a good dead, WE WANT YOU! And the dogs need you! ALL OUR DOGS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION! Anyone that wants to participate.. can contact us. You have to be over 18 years old, bring your photo id with current address (to protect the animals since there are lots of crazy people out there) and you need to sign a waiver. Needless to say you need to wear comfy shoes and clothes! The place is located close to Redondo/Anaheim here in Long Beach. PLEASE DO NOT just show up. That would interfere with the cleaning schedule of the kennel workers. Best times to walk is in the afternoon between 2-5 p.m.. You will meet and talk with me first. After that you can just come during walk hours, pick your favorite and have a good time...See More

      Page: ‎98 like this

      BULLDOG BEAUTY CONTEST & NATIONAL MUTT SHOW
      is expected to take place in Long Beach on Sat. Feb. 11, 2012. Details announced here next week.  Waiting for insurance confirmation from the City.  www.BulldogBeauty.com

      JUSTIN RUDD’S DOG
      Please become a Facebook fan of Riley the Bulldog | Long Beach, Calif.

      http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object3/403/100/q93711890764_7196.jpgFOLLOW THIS VERY ACTIVE FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK
      HAUTE DOGS

      WILL YOU CLICK THIS LINK TO SIGN-UP
      for (another) one of Justin's e-Newsletters?  There are 24 choices.

      JUSTIN'S WEEKLY HAUTE LINKS
      - Justin Rudd's Dog Photography on the beach | $100 Special
      - Long Beach: Rosie’s Dog Beach -- Long Beach (open daily, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
      - Adoptable SoCal Dogs

      PLEASE CLICK EACH AND “LIKE” THEM.  JUSTIN’S FAN PAGES ON FACEBOOK.
      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50254_93711890764_4936461_q.jpghttps://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41574_118655181499_8004941_q.jpghttps://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50274_108638744545_2289_q.jpg
      https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/162046_357571189064_7620990_q.jpg
      Long Beach, Calif. (18,200+ likes, our most popular fan page)

      Belmont Shore! (10,000+ likes)

      Haute Dogs (9,900+ likes)

      Justin Rudd! (2,300 likes)

      THREE NEW PHOTO GALLERIES BY JUSTIN!:
      - Rose Parade/Arboretum w/ Ralph & Riley | Pasadena, 2012 (135 photos)

      Our first time at the Rose Parade. And, spent New Year's Day afternoon with our friends Kevin and Greg at the L.A. County Arboretum. The Tournament of Roses is expecting the crowd to reach more than 150,000 this year. The parade is being hel...

      - Little Miss Long Beach on the beach today at sunset (29 photos)

      Anna had a nice sunset photo session on the beach today in Belmont Shore. Check out her photos. She is the reigning Little Miss Long Beach. Photos by Justin Rudd!

      - Riley's first snow. Our first time there, too. (63 photos)

      Our overnight getaway to see snow. It was Riley's first time to see snow. And, was our first time to see Big Bear.

      NOMINATE AN UNSUNG HERO BY JAN. 19. APPROX. $15,000 TO BE AWARDED BY RUDD/C.A.T.
      http://justinrudd.com/heroes.html and become a fan on Facebook: Long Beach Heroes

      LONG BEACH HEROES is presented by Justin Rudd’s nonprofit Community Action Team
      and is funded by proceeds from their Long Beach Turkey Trot.
      - Hero of the Year: $5,000
      - Finalists: $1,000/each
      click here: nomination form |
      Long Beach HeroesDO YOU HAVE a relative, a friend or a co-worker who is having a big impact in the Long Beach area? In every neighborhood, there are "unsung heroes" - volunteers and paid professionals who go well beyond their expected duties. Perhaps the person you nominate is active in education, the environment, animal welfare, youth or sports. Or, maybe there is no one "category" for which the person champions. We want to know about people you think should be recognized. WE WANT TO recognize the unsung heroes and help them to financially continue doing what they are doing. We expect to have a ceremony and/or dinner for the awardees in late Jan. or early Feb. The date has not yet been announced.

      THESE JUSTIN RUDD EVENTS ARE PROPOSED DATES AND NOT YET CONFIRMED WITH BAY SHORE CHURCH
      - Long Beach Hero awards, Mon., Feb. 6, 7:30-8:30 p.m., concert hall, New event for us: www.JustinRudd.com/heroes.html
      - Father/Daughter Dance, Sun., Feb. 12, youth center, 4:30-6:30 p.m.

      - National Elem. School Spelling Bee, Sun., Mar. 4, 2 p.m., sanctuary
      - Long Beach Giving Project dinner/awards, Sun., Mar. 25, 6-8 p.m., concert hall
      - 40-Day Challenge dinner/awards, Sun., April 1, 6-7:30 p.m., concert hall
      - Operation Easter Basket, April 5 & 6, 8:30-4:30 each day, concert hall
      - National Adult Spelling Bee, Sun., April 15, 2 p.m., sanctuary
      - Mother’s Day Concert, Sun., May 13, 2 p.m., sanctuary

      JUSTIN RUDD! WANTS YOU TO KNOW ABOUT 4 UPCOMING EVENTS:

      1. JUSTIN'S JAN. CHALLENGE

      It's 10 pushups every day. You will be accountable to yourself and to all the other challengers. There will be a new physical challenge every month this year. To get on the distribution list for periodic reminders and announcements from me, go to this link and click "MONTHLY CHALLENGE!" This month's challenge is 10 pushups a day. That's right, only 10. You can do them on your knees, if you need to. But you must do them every day this month. You must do them if you are sick, if you are out of town, if you are stressed, if you just went to the gym, etc. There are NO EXCUSES. Each month this year, we'll add something to the challenge, like 10 situps, 10 squats, 10 blocks of jogging, 10 more pushups, etc. All ages welcome. Anyone in the world can join us. Do your first 10 pushups starting now.  Register your email address today at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001jm8CFGIzLJFEYpwL8B__1g%3D%3D and click "MONTHLY CHALLENGE." - Justin Rudd!
      Justin Rudd! : Mailing List Signup

      20070210polar 300x202 2 X NCAA Champ Chuck Yagla To Take Polar Plunge for Hawk Club2. JUSTIN RUDD'S “LONG BEACH POLAR SPLASH” FOR CHARITY (& doggie dip, too)
      Free to enter.  There is no fundraising.  Justin Rudd's nonprofit Community Action Team (C.A.T.) WILL DONATE $10 FOR EVERY person (up to $2,000) that participates in the Long Beach Polar Splash in Belmont Shore on the eastern edge of Rosie's Dog Beach at the orange traffic cones on the beach, on Sat., Jan. 21, 11 a.m. just after the 30-Minute Beach Cleanup.  It's free to participate and all ages are welcome.  Those that submerge completely (including the head) will allow C.A.T. to add $10/person on their behalf to local charitable programs (charities to be announced, but include local spay/neuter programs). Wear what you want!  It can be a nice costume, your jeans and t-shirt, your mittens and 2-piece bikini; your Speedo and parka; your board shorts and flip flops.  It's your choice.  This is not a swimming event.  Dogs are welcome, but we do not allow anyone to submerge a dog. Footwear is fine to wear. No wet suits.  Costumed encouraged.  Bring your own towel.  Those under 18 must have a parent/guardian present to participate.  The water temp this time of year is approx. 55-59 degrees.  Polar plunges and splashes happen this time of year all over the world. Sometimes these events are on behalf of a good cause, and sometimes just because.  Basically, on the word "go" from the organizers, the group of people will scamper into the water to submerse themselves, and then make a quick retreat.  The whole process happens within minutes or seconds.  Cameras will document the fun, and photos posted on Facebook.  NOTE: this event is moved to Sat., Jan. 28  if there is a rainstorm within 24 hours of the Jan. 21 event, since the health dept. often closes our beaches within that time.

      Register your email address today at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001jm8CFGIzLJFEYpwL8B__1g%3D%3D and click "POLAR SPLASH." - Justin Rudd!
      Justin Rudd! : Mailing List Signup

      sample videos:
      - www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeUPnNAIsc0
      - www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR34VyORQhc

      3. RED HIGH HEELS WALK FOR HEART HEALTH
      will take place at noon on Sat., Feb. 18 on 2nd St.  Read details here.   Register your email address today at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001jm8CFGIzLJFEYpwL8B__1g%3D%3D and click "Red High Heels." - Justin Rudd!
      Justin Rudd! : Mailing List Signup

      4. JUSTIN RUDD'S 40-DAY CHALLENGE
      Begins at sunrise on Wed., Feb. 22, 2012 til sunset on Sun., April 1, 2012. FREE TO ENTER. What 4 foods/drinks will you give up for 40 days during Justin Rudd's 40-Day Challenge?

        We'll start sign-ups in Feb.  Register your email address today at http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001jm8CFGIzLJFEYpwL8B__1g%3D%3D and click "Red High Heels." - Justin Rudd!
      Justin Rudd! : Mailing List Signup
      GOALS for the 40-Day Challenge:

      1. Do GOOD.

      2. Eat BETTER.

      3. Be your BEST.

      advertise-here.gifADVERTISE ON THIS E-NEWSLETTER
      Let area dog lovers know about you, your services and your business!  More than 14,500 SoCal dog-loving subscribers.  Starting now at only $25 cash for 100-word paragraph.  Contact Justin@...  for full rates/details.

      Haute DogsAdoptions Bulldog Beauty ContestRosie’s Dog Beach | Howl'oween Parade | History | LB Dog LawsOff-leash AreasDog of the WeekRosie!DOG e-News

      *to be unsubscribe, click the link at the very bottom of this page*