- Not too late to enter. Register online now. Come weigh in this Sat. We can help you find teammates.Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011View Source
Not too late to enter. Register online now. Come weigh in this Sat. We can help you find teammates.
THE WORLD FAMOUS POPOVICH COMEDY PET THEATRE,
appearing at the Carpenter Center in Long Beach for one show only, Sun. Sept. 25th at 3 p.m. This family-friendly show features over 30 rescued pets performing with World Record Jugglers and some of the most talented Acrobats from the Moscow Circus. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind performance that will entertain and inspire the whole family. Tickets available at the box office, by calling (562) 985-7000 or at https://web.ovationtix.com/trs/pe/9219305
BE RILEY’S FAN: https://facebook.com/RileyTheBulldog
Voted ‘Best Pet Trainer/Sitter' by Beachcomber Newspaper, Uberdog has been a favorite choice for training and exercise for the past 5 years! Get the dog you deserve and learn to be a good pack leader! Private training in your home (name/focus, come, sit, down, recall, stay, off, loose-leash walking and more), K9 Fit Club (dog park play groups), exercise and pet sitting are available! For information, call (562) 999-6747 or david@.... www.uberdogtrainer.com.
MONTY LOVES KITTIES!
...and pretty much everyone else! This gangly, goofy shepherd mix has a mellow temperament for an 8 month old. Because of his short, neat coat, we suspect he may be mixed with Great Dane, so he could grow! Monty needs a home with at least one canine playmate to keep him company. He is great with kids but a little clumsy with his big paws! To arrange to meet Monty, please visit www.gsroc.org and complete an online application. He wants a home of his own!
HOSTED BY JUSTIN RUDD!
9/11 Candlelight Vigil, Walk & Remembrance Ceremony (Long Beach) Location: Start: on bluff of Bixby Park (Ocean Blvd. @ Cherry Ave.) Finish: World Trade Center, downtown Long Beach; Time: 7 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 11th
HAUTE DOG OF THE WEEK
CLICK HERE to see Riley's weekly "Pick of the Litter."
DID YOU READ THIS CHURCH SIGN? YOUR DOG WANTS YOU TO.
And, after you do what it says, take your dog on a walk or to the park or to Rosie's Dog Beach in Long Beach, Calif.
Please click the photo below, then “like” it, and “share” it on your Facebook wall.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED. WEIGH-INS EACH SAT. NOW TIL NOV. 19 AT BELMONT ATHLETIC CLUB.
Can you help this Sat.? Two weigh-in timeframes: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. -- 7:45 p.m. Email your available times and days to 2011LBLVolunteer@.... Details www.LongBeachLosers.com.
NOT TOO LATE TO REGISTER; REGISTER ONLINE NOW, THEN COME SAT. TO WEIGH-IN
RUDD’S ANNUAL LONG BEACH LOSERS 12-WEEK TEAM WEIGHT-LOSS CONTEST
Register now at www.LongBeachLosers.com. Last year’s jackpot was approx. $50,000 and there were 800+ contestants. We can help you find teammates. Weigh-ins will be on Saturdays from 9 to 1 p.m. and 4-7:45 p.m. in Belmont Shore.
This dog can dance, too!
I WANT ___________ FOR DOGS IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.
Click Haute Dogs to leave your reply and see what others wrote.
Dog nurses kittens.
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE? WATCH THIS DOG DANCE!
JUSTIN RUDD: IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU HAVE A STRONG MIND:
TH15 M3554G3 53RV35 TO PR0V3 H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N D0 4M4Z1NG TH1NG5! 1MPR3551V3 TH1NG5! 1N TH3 B3G1NN1NG 1T WA5 H4RD BUT NOW, ON TH15 LIN3 YOUR M1ND 1S R34D1NG 1T 4UT0M4T1C4LLY W1TH OUT 3V3N
CLICK PHOTOS ABOVE: TAKEN LAST NIGHT (click for more photos)
at Rosie’s Dog Beach. Photography by Justin Rudd! Starts at $100/session.
Justin Rudd: PLEASE JOIN THIS PAGE I MODERATE.
There are 15,921 fans so far. Will you become a fan and share this on your page, too?
click to join: Long Beach, Calif.
Back when Justin Rudd was in school (NEW documents found in garage)
(click for more photos)
Sat. marked the first weigh and registration for Long Beach Losers, a competition organized by Community Action Team and its founder, Justin Rudd. Teams will compete in the next several weeks to lose the most weight and win cash prizes. Gazettes.com was there with Editor Ashleigh Oldland and Vid...
Drum for Love (click for more photos)
Horny Corner Water Polo (click for more photos)
MORE THAN 6,000 runners & walkers expected at the 9th annual Long Beach Turkey Trot presented by Justin Rudd's nonprofit Community Action Team on Thanksgiving morning. NOW Four start times. Registration now open.
SOCAL DOG RESCUES & SHELTERS:
Haute Dogs will give your group $1 donation for every person you can get to “like” our Haute Dogs fan page within a 72-hour period. Let me know the start/end times/dates, preferably at 10 a.m. on a weekday. We’ll count the number of fans at the beginning and end, up to 500 fans ($500). www.facebook.com/HauteDogs Only one group can take advantage of this offer at a time, so reserve your dates today by contacting Justin@... for details.
FAN PAGE ON FACEBOOK
WILL YOU CLICK THIS LINK TO SIGN-UP
for (another) one of Justin's e-Newsletters? There are 22 choices.
CELEBRATING 10 OFF-LEASH YEARS THIS SUMMER!
ROSIE’S DOG BEACH OPEN DAILY IN LONG BEACH
The 3-acre off-leash area at the Pacific Ocean is open year-round from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Limit one dog per adult. Dogs must be collared, at least four months old, vaccinated, and registered with the
JUSTIN'S WEEKLY HAUTE LINKS
- Justin Rudd's Dog Photography on the beach | $100 Special
- Long Beach: Rosie’s Dog Beach -- Long Beach (open daily, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
- Adoptable SoCal Dogs
JUSTIN!: WILL YOU “LIKE” THESE FACEBOOK FAN PAGES THAT I MODERATE?:
Belmont Shore! (7,000+ likes)
Haute Dogs (7,500 likes)
Long Beach, Calif. (15,200+ likes, our most popular fan page)
Justin Rudd! (2,400 likes)
HUNTINGTON BEACH DOG BEACH
On Pacific Coast Highway between 21st St. and Seapoint St.; 100 Goldenwest St., 92648. Open 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Dogs may be off-leash in the water and on the wet sand -- three quarters of a mile long.
MALIBU - LEO CARRILLO STATE BEACH
This state beach allows leashed dogs. The only restriction is that they are not allowed between towers two and three (the busiest part of the beach). Go North on PCH towards Oxnard until you get to El Matador and Leo Carillo State Beaches. (818) 706-1310
SAN DIEGO DOG BEACH - FIESTA ISLAND - MISSION BAY
Most of this large sandy island in Mission Bay is designated leash-free for dogs and a fenced in area is provided about 3/4 way around the one-way road that circles the island for dogs that need to be contained. This area is 3+ square miles with the beach on one side and lots of room to run and trails to follow before you reach the fence that runs along the road. Lots of sandy dunes to romp in, and the calm bay waters lets the more adventurous dogs take a quick dip. Gates close approx. 10 p.m.
SAN DIEGO DOG BEACH - OCEAN BEACH
Located in northern Ocean Beach, Dog Beach is the original dog beach and one of the most popular places to take your dog. This beach area is located at the west end of the San Diego River Floodway, also known as the Ocean Beach Flood Control Channel. With a wide swath of sand and the Pacific surf to roll in, Dog Beach is a special place to bring your mutt, or just to
ADVERTISE ON THIS E-NEWSLETTER
Let area dog lovers know about you, your services and your business! More than 14,200 SoCal dog-loving subscribers. Starting now at only $25 cash for 100-word paragraph. Contact Justin@... for full rates/details.
Long Beach Losers details:
WEIGHING IN FOR THE FIRST TIME this Sat.?
Please log in to www.LongBeachLosers.com and print out your form. You will need to have your signed form in order to avoid delays. The minimum amount due is $30. You can also choose to take advantage of the bonus 1-lb. weight loss contest. If you pay $65 at your first weigh-in and your account has a zero balance at the end of the contest, you will be eligible for a 1-lb. weight loss credit to be added to your actual weight loss.
QR CODE LABELS
* If you have already weighed in for the first time, you will need to bring your lanyard and your card with the QR label even if you plan to save it on your smartphone or another mobile device. We have to verify that we can scan your saved QR code before you can stop bringing the card.
* If your Participant ID number is less than or equal to 0540 and you did not pick up your QR code label, please email longbeachlosers@... with your Participant ID. We will check to see if yours is in the stack of existing labels. If someone else accidentally picked it up, we will need to make you another one before Saturday. If you picked up a lanyard and registration card already, please remember to bring them with you so that you can put the QR label on it. Please make sure that you pick up your label before you get into line.
* If your Participant ID number is over 0540 and you register by 10:00 PM, Friday, 9/2/11, your label will be available for pickup on Saturday. If you picked up a lanyard and registration card already, please remember to bring them with you so that you can put the QR label on it. Please make sure that you pick up your label before you get into line.
* If you have already lost your card with your QR code, you can log on to your account by clicking the red round "Click Here" button at www.longbeachlosers.com and click "Get QR Code" to print on out. If you choose to get another card and lanyard, you will need to pay the replacement fee.
REMINDER: NEW ENDING TIME FOR AFTERNOON SHIFT
Please remember that the end time for the 4 PM - 8 PM has been changed to 7:45 PM. The Belmont Athletic Club needs to close at 8 PM.
REMINDER: LATE ARRIVAL FEE
If you arrive after 1 PM for the morning shift or after 7:45 PM for the afternoon shift, you will be assessed the late arrival penalty.
NOTE TO TEAM CAPTAINS
Please check http://www.justinruddregistration.com/ssl/registered_team.php to make sure that all of your team members have registered and have been assigned to your team. If your team members have registered, but did not enter the correct Team ID and/or Team Key, please email 2011LBLTeamRes@... with the Participant ID(s), team member name(s), your Team ID, and your team name. If there are enough volunteers, you can also try to see Lucy in person on Saturday.
Also, will you click this link to sign-up for (another) one of my: e-Newsletters? There are 22 choices.
J U S T I N R U D D . C O M
Explore. Dream. Discover.
MY UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Long Beach Losers 12-week team contest, Aug. 27 - Nov. 19 not too late to register/weigh-in
- 9/11 Candlelight Vigil, Walk & Remembrance Ceremony; Sept. 11, sunset
- 30-Minute Beach Cleanup (3rd Sat. of each month); Sept. 17, Oct. 15, Nov. 19; 10 a.m.
- Interfaith Blessing of the Animals; Oct. 1, sunset
- Horizon Chamber Choir, free concert; Oct. 15, 7:30 p.m.
- Belmont Shore Sidewalk Chalk Art Contest; Oct. 22, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Haute dog OWL'OWEEN PARADE; Oct. 30, 2:30 p.m.
- SoCal Kids' Halloween Costume Contest; Oct. 30, 2:25 p.m.
- LONG BEACH & MISS SOUTHERN CALIF. CITIES PAGEANTS; Nov. 13, 5:30 p.m.
- Long Beach TURKEY TROT, Nov. 24; 7, 8, 9 & 10 A.M.