new Long Beach downtown dog park; HUGE bike parade July 4 in Belmont Shore; July 4th safety tips; table manners; more

  • Justin Rudd!
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2008

      Justin Rudd's
      So Cal DOG e-News
      compiled weekly by Justin Rudd! for his 11,000+ subscribers
      Thurs., July 3, 2008
      presented this week by
      Wags to Whiskers Pet Grooming

      Who's Your Doggie K9 Care offers affordable, reliable
      dog walking, pet sitting, overnight stays and cat care too!  We have been serving the Greater Long Beach area with K9 Pride since 2004!  Call or email Paige today for your complimentary introduction meeting:  562.257.8978 or paige@.... Licensed, Bonded and Insured.  References happily provided.

      DOG ADOPTION, BOARDING, DAY CARE, training & MORE!
      Just 20 minutes north of LB - Beagles & Buddies, 2661 N. Strozier Ave., El Monte, 91733. Lotsa great dogs.  Bring yours to "meet and greet" Open House Wed, Thurs, Sat. & Sun. 10 am - 4 p.m.  www.beaglesandbuddies.org  Ph 626 444 9664

      THE COMPUTERMEISTER CAN HELP!

      Hardware problems?  Software trouble?  Computer viruses?  Is Microsoft Office driving you crazy?  One phone call is all your computer needs! I have years of experience with setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows and Mac computers, networks and software. My hourly rates are reasonable and I come to your house or office in L.A. and Orange counties without any travel charges. Night and weekend appointments available.  Call Kai at (213) 254-7480 or e-mail to  kai@...   Web site:  www.thecomputermeister.com

      HAUTE DOG OF THE WEEK
      CLICK HERE to see Rosie & Riley's weekly "Pick of the Litter."  The Haute Dog of the Week is presented by LaunderPet where new grooming customers save $5 off their first visit ($25 minimum) with this ad!

      Slide show: Leaping, gravity-defying dogs

      doghouse can go green

      Alpha Pet CarePET SITTING, OVERNIGHT CARE, DOG WALKING & EXERCISE
      Alpha is proud to be Long Beach and Orange County's first choice for pet sitting, overnight care, dog walking & daycare for over 10 years! This summer, whether you're going on vacation or just to work we'll keep things ordinary with our extraordinary care. Become a part of our family, order online at www.alphapetcare.com or call our 'haute'-line 866.SiT.FiDO (866.748.3436).  Licensed, Insured, Bonded, & Pet CPR Certified.

      Youth Sport Patriotic Garb During Annual Bike Parade
      Gazette Newspapers - This year, Third District Councilman Gary DeLong, his daughter Katie, and two bike officers from the Long Beach Police Department, David Strong and David ...

      LONG BEACH LOSERS - 12-week team weight-loss contest
      Wed. weigh-ins, times/locations TBA.  Initial weigh-ins/registration is Wed., July 23, 2008, 5-7 p.m. at 1 Granada Ave. on the boat launch ramp.  Last weigh-in is Wed., Oct. 15, 5-7 p.m. at 1 Granada Ave. on the boat launch ramp.  Awards ceremony is Thurs., Oct. 16, 6 p.m., 1 Granada Ave.  Optional body sculpt class with instructor Justin Rudd is each weigh-in Wed., 5:30-6:30 p.m. at 1 Granada Ave. on the boat launch ramp.  www.LongBeachLosers.com   More details coming in upcoming weeks here on this e-newsletter.

      Free on the Fourth? Check out these local events
      Long Beach Press-Telegram - Registration for the parade starts at 9:15 am Fri. at the Beach Bike Path, 1 S. Granada Ave. The event starts at 10 am at the bike path. ...

      A New Downtown Dog Park in Long Beach

      Sometime later this summer, Long Beach will begin construction on what will be the first Dog Park on the Westside of the city and only the second Dog Park citywide.  The Downtown Dog Park was an idea first proposed by our neighborhood association, the North Pine Neighborhood Alliance (NPNA).

      Long Beach at sea over breakwater removal plan

      Some fear flooding if the barrier is removed, but others say waves would attract visitors to the city.

      Do Dogs Misbehave out of Spite?

      Chewing your favorite shoes--it sure looks like spite!

      BATH TIME MADE EASY (REALLY!)

      5 WAYS TO CURE A SNACK STEALER

      Dog House Auction

      Tues., Sept. 16, 2008, 6 to 8 p.m.; Embassy Suites Hotel, 11767 Harbor Blvd.; The GGCF is pleased to present a new fundraiser, the 1st Annual Canine Cribs. Doghouses will be built by various groups and agencies within Garden Grove, and will be auctioned off on Sept. 16 at the Embassy Suites Hotel. event's flyer

      "BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS" TO BENEFIT RECREATION SMALL DOG PARK
      The Sat., July 26, 8:30 p.m. performance of The Found Theatre's hit comedy, "Beyond The Valley of the Flight Attendants: Beyond Retirement," will be performed as a fundraiser for the Recreation Small Dog Park Renovation & Expansion Project, with 100 percent of proceeds from ticket and refreshment sales going to the fund being maintained by the Long Beach Recreation Dog Park Association. Honored guest at the event will be Vice-Mayor Bonnie Lowenthal.  $20.
      Tickets: Liz (562) 901-1456 or Cyndra cyndran@...

      700 Animals taken from a dog breeding operation
      Investigators found nearly 700 dogs Wed. at Pinebluff Kennels on Ed Lyell Rd. in Lyles, Tenn. Many of the dogs suffered eye injuries, broken bones and skin conditions. Several were found dead. The dogs were being sold on a Web site for as much as $400. (The Humane Society of the United States has posted a video of the puppy rescue.)   Most of the dogs offered on the site were small breeds, such as Chihuahuas, Terriers and Miniature Pinschers.

      Uldis Gives You 10% Discount at TriSports.com!

      Get ready to play! This is where you can get your swimming, biking, and running gear all in one place. And more! TriSports.com has great selections, brand names, and best of all, low prices! As a member of Team Trisports.com I can extend you a 10% discount on purchases over $25. Just use the promotional code ULIEP-S with your order. So, focus in and let TriSports.com help you make the play!

      print up flyers and keep them in their cars to put on ANY car or situation where they see a dog or animal left in a car
      www.MYDOGISCOOL.com   - Barbara

      NO RALPH'S RUFFS TODAY
      Ralph is on vacation.

      new catalyst Web site

      folba.gif
      BECOME A HERO TO THE ANIMALS BY JOINING FRIENDS OF LONG BEACH ANIMALS
      in the war to stop the deadly cycle of pet overpopulation and animal abuse. In Long Beach alone, thousands of animals lose their lives due to these preventable problems. Be your own HERO TO THE ANIMALS. Become a member of FRIENDS OF LONG BEACH ANIMALS for as little as $20 a year.  Sponsor the spay/neuter of a dog for $75 or a cat for $25. For more information or to donate through PayPal go to www.FOLBA.org. SAVING LIVES THRU SPAY/NEUTER & EDUCATION SINCE 1989.

      4th of July Safety Tips: Fireworks Are Not a Dog's Best Friend
      As the country dons its red, white and blue this Independence Day, please remember that fireworks and festive food and beverages can be unhealthy and downright dangerous for dogs.

      HOMELESS QUAKE DOGS RESCUED BY CHINESE WOMAN
      The white short-haired mutt was found dragging his crushed hind legs through rubble-clogged streets after the massive earthquake devastated China's Sichuan province.  CONT.

      JUSTIN'S WEEKLY HAUTE LINKS
      - Justin Rudd's Dog Photography on the beach | $75 Special
      - Long Beach Dog Beach -- Long Beach (open daily, 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
      - Adoptable SoCal Dogs
      - Dog-friendly rentals in SoCal
      - BARC (Golden Retrievers)
      - Southern Calif. Keeshond Rescue
      - All Retriever Friends
      - Southern CA Labrador Rescue

      The great outdoors
      Many people believe that given a choice dogs would prefer to be outside. This isn't true. Your puppy is pack-oriented and he prefers to be wherever his pack is.

      Table manners
      It may be hard to resist his puppy eyes when he's begging for food from the table but don't give in! As with any training, the most important element is consistency.

      Ear mange and your puppy
      If your puppy has ear mange he may show the following symptoms: Head shaking and ear rubbing, head tilt, crusts, and hair loss around his ears.

      bike parade long beachbike parade long beachADULTS, TEENS, KIDS: BE ON KTLA-TV MORNING NEWS WITH YOUR  BIKES, LIVE on July 4!  RSVP now.
      On Fri., July 4, reporter Gayle Anderson will be at the boat launch ramp at 1 Granada Ave. where the bike parade begins/ends.  She'll be there doing several live remote interviews with kids and their bikes from 6-9 a.m.  She is particularly interested in any kids that have been in the top-10 of the bike parade in the past years.  And, she wants even more kids who will be dressed up in lots of patriotic clothes and awesomely-decorated patriotic bikes!  If you can join me and Gayle, please e-mail me at Justin@... to let me know.  Parade is at 10 a.m., July 4.  www.BikeParade.com.

      see the video that includes Justin! on national TV
      NBC Today Show mentioned our July 4 Bike Parade this morning (July 3, 2008) during an interview with Travel + Leisure about July 4th events.  WATCH NOW  There is a photo of Justin with reporter Gayle Anderson at the end of the part where they discuss the parade.

      ADVERTISE ON THIS E-NEWSLETTER
      Let area dog lovers know about you, your services and your business!  More than 11,000 SoCal dog-loving subscribers.  Starting now at only $25 cash for 100-word paragraph.  Contact Justin@...  for full rates/details.

      Haute DogsAdoptions Bulldog ContestDog BeachEaster Parade | Howl'oween Parade | History | LB Dog LawsOff-leash AreasDog of the WeekRosie!DOG e-NewsDog Poetry

      Subscribe to DOG e-News | Unsubscribe | Archives