DOG E-NEWSLETTER; unsubscribe info below

  • Justinrudd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2004

      TO UNSUBSCRIBE
      To be removed from future mailings, please reply with "REMOVE DOGS" in the subject line.

      DOG E-NEWSLETTER

      Compiled by Justin! July 7, 2004
      3,100+ subscribers

      3-lb. DOG: HAUTE DOG OF THE WEEK
      This little dog is a cutie and likes mariachi music.  Visit www.HauteDogs.org to see Rosie the Bulldog's Pick of the Litter and see how you can submit your dog's photo/info for possible inclusion.

      NEW: FURMINATOR AT WAGS TO WHISKERS
      Love your pet, hate the shedding? Wags to Whiskers Pet Grooming is thrilled to announce the arrival of the FURminator.  The FURminator is an exciting new procedure that helps reduce the shedding from your pet 60 - 80% after the first treatment!  Check out www.FURminator.com to see how it works. The FURminator is ideal for shepherds, beagles, golden retrievers, labs, Australian shepherds, huskies, and cats!  The busiest season at a grooming shop is in the summer, so this summer we will be open every other Sunday to help accommodate everyone's needs.  The next Sunday we will be open will be July 11, while our regular hours remain Tues. - Sat.,
      8 am - 5 pm.  Call for (562) 430-5161 for information or to schedule an appointment.

      PET PHOTOGRAPHS - SELECT YOUR OWN BACKDROP
      Heidi, our local pet photographer, is returning to Wisker's Pet Beastro & Bowteek in Belmont Shore, Sat., July 17 & Sun., July 18 to photograph your furry friends!  Black & White or Color photos available!  Select your own background.  People are also welcome to sit in with their pets!  Call Wisker's at 562 433-0707 to schedule your appointment today!  Sittings start at just $40. Visit Heidi's web site: www.hjphotography.bigstep.com

      EAR CROPPING BAN IN CA LEGISTATURE
      NOW
      Read details at http://akc.org/news/index.cfm?article_id=2158

      A DOG'S PRAYER
      Get a Kleenex and read the far left column of Haute Dogs' Blessing of the Animals Web page, http://hautedogs.org/blessing.html

      BARCELONA, SPAIN; LAW FORBIDS EUTHANIZING ABANDONED PETS
      Jan. 3, 2003, was Lito's day of reprieve. Abandoned by his owners, the spaniel mix with caramel-colored ears was delivered to a sprawling urban animal shelter where the air is acrid and the noise deafening.  Anywhere else in the world, Lito's story would end here; after a week awaiting retrieval or adoption (unlikely, given his age), he would have been destroyed.  But Lito lives in
      Barcelona, and on the day he reached the shelter, the city implemented the Law for Animal Protection, an unmatched ordinance that forbids euthanizing abandoned pets.

      HELP NEEDED TO PUT OUT CONES AT DOG ZONE
      Can you help put out/take in the orange traffic cones at the Dog Zone one day every week?  If so, contact me at JustinRudd@... and I'll leave a padlock key for you at my front door.  There are 30 cones that help to indicate the Dog Zone boundary.  Each 28" cone weighs about 8 lbs.  It takes about 20 minutes to put the cones out and to pick them up.  We prefer that the cones go out in the morning and be picked up before
      8 p.m.  The cones are chained each night to poles at the Zone with a padlock.

      LET'S KEEP OUR DOG BEACH CLEAN
      Especially following the July 4 weekend, would you please take a moment to pick up a piece or two of debris from our Dog Zone so that the area will remain clean and safe for our canine friends and their pals?  I thank you in advance.  I'm sure the dogs do, too.

      DOG BEACH MEETING IN MARINA DEL REY
      Dog Beach NOW will be meeting about Dockweiler dog beach on Sat., July 10; 10am at Tony P's, 4445 Admiralty Way in Marina Del Rey. Reasonably priced food and drinks will be available for you to order right off the menu and there's plenty of parking.  The purpose of this meeting is: To go over our just completed dog beach report and distribute copies of the proposal.  Discuss how the dog beach will operate by a volunteer/non-profit effort and recruit volunteers who will commit to monitor the dog beach in its beginning stages.  Discuss media events at proposed Dockweiler and
      Santa Monica dog beaches.  Recruit leadership and volunteers.  Info: (310) 301-1550,  freeplay@...

      DOGGIE DAY CARE IN
      LONG BEACH

      Doggie in the Window, 4106 E. Anaheim Ave., Long Beach, $20/day or $75/week (5 days) Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., includes snack, playtime, playgroups, one-on-one, toys, care for special needs appointments are required,  562/494-7085, http://www.doggieinthewindow.net

      PROFESSIONAL POOPER SCOOPER SERVICE - LA & OC AREA
      DOODY DUDE - Pet Waste Removal. "Dirty deeds done dirt cheap!" Low as $8/visit for 1 Dog.  Our BEST value:  dog-poop pick up with litter-box cleaning.  More: (toll free)
      866-888-7667http://www.doodyDude.com

      PINE
      HAVEN CABIN IS DOG FRIENDLY

      This beautiful romantic family owned cabin is for you and your pets to enjoy.  Pine Haven is situated off a small private lane on 1.25 acres and the entire property is fully fenced.. Watching your furry babies romp around on a 3 tiered property, play hide and seek and discover the hidden toy treasures and smells in the backyard is priceless.  At the end of the day, when your dog does not want to get in the car to go home, you'll know you've found  Doggie Disneyland!   Check out our web site the pictures says it all!   www.pinehavencabin.com

      CANINE CHIROPRACTIC
      By Steven B. Wasserman, RN, DC, CVCP
      "My veterinarian referred me to
      Dr. Steven Wasserman, Chiropractor, and he adjusted my spine and now I feel so DOG-GONE good!!!"  Chiropractic offers our pets benefits of increased flexibility and improved health and provides treatment alternatives.   Activities, running or jumping can cause the vertebra to lose their normal position or normal motion resulting in spinal subluxation (pinched nerve) which may alter health and/or cause pain.  Dr. Wasserman, Chiropractor, can be reached at VCA Rossmoor-El Dorado Animal Hospital  (562) 598-8621Dr. Wasserman utilizes VOM Technique, alternative, non-surgical approach to spinal disorders.  www.caninechiro.com

      HOT TIPS FOR DOGS WITH CANCER OR ARTHRITIS
      Dear Justin, I hope your
      Rosie is doing well.  I've volunteered in dog rescue, and I've had a number of dogs with cancer and arthritis. I want to pass along three hot tips that I've learned (you may already know this stuff, but I just wanted to pass it along anyway):  Bones and Raw Foods Diet (BARF).  I use Steve's Real Food from Doggie in the Window on Anaheim.  When I've put older dogs on this, the change in their energy levels has been remarkable.  Nupro Dog Supplement - Fabulous, but hard to find.  Look at Nuprostore.com.  Includes liver, flaxseed, garlic, enzymes, acidophilus, everything, including bee pollen which has been shown to significantly lengthen the lives of mice with cancer.  And last, but not least, for stubborn arthritis, hyaluronic acid.  I've gotten results with this when glucosamine, chondroitin, etc. has not helped.  It also supposedly helps with heart trouble.  ---md

      HAUTE DOG & DOG ZONE T'S FROM $19.95

      Hooded Long Sleeve T's, Caps, Women's T-shirts, Dog T-shirts, Baby Doll T-shirts, Kids T-shirts, mouse pads, more  http://www.cafeshops.com/justinrudd

      FLEAS CONSUMING MY DOG
      Hello....I am new to the area (from the desert), and the fleas are consuming my toy poodle!  Is there any sure fire way to keep these pests off of her?  -
      Brooke

      DISTRUST FOR DOG BEACH DETRACTOR
      Hello, Just wanted to say that the NIMBY,
      Mr Shwartz, who presented the council with a bag of poop supposedly from the dog zone, is suspect.  Does he have an actual video tape with the date and time to PROVE he actually got the doggie doo from the actual dog zone or did he just get it from somewhere else in his neighborhood?  I tend to distrust these so called "Do-gooder" NIMBY's especially when only 1 or 2 of them come forward.  There are always a few sour apples in the bunch.  Control is their issue or motivatio).  ---Bill n Pugsley, 90802

      RE. LOW-COST MICROCHIP CLINIC
      Justin: Does the City of Long Beach or an Official Pet Organization offer this type of service like Huntington Beach?  Although I would never worry about my Pugsley ever getting loose, it is a great secondary back-up to dog licensing.  Do these devices have a GPS tracking signal in them?  (My Nokia cell phone has a GPS tracking device embedded, why not chips?)   If not, they should.  Just think of calling the Animal Control office in any City and they could log onto a computer and locate the lost pet in seconds.  ---Bill and Pugsley

      FOUND DOG
      Justin.  Our neighbor found a beautiful husky dog on July 3rd in Belmont Shore.  They want to find the owners but are afraid of listing the dogs breed because they don't want someone to steal him.  He is a big male dog with blue eyes.  They want people to call them if they are missing a dog and tell them the breed.  562-618-0508 or  562-301-8110  ---S.

      SEPARATION ANXIETY
      Hi
      Justin. I am having a big problem with separation anxiety with my rescued pug. I've tried leaving the radio & TV on, leaving special toys (he just ignored the much fabled Kong toy), ignoring him before I leave and when I come home, etc. I even called that Uncle Matty guy, who in my opinion is a quack.  If anyone has any ideas I would sure appreciate it! ---A.

      QUOTE
      I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb, and I'm also not blonde.  ---Dolly Parton

      KIDS' BIKE PARADE PICS

      www.BikeParade.com

      RUN, WHITE & BLUE 5K/10K PICS

      www.RunWhiteBlue.com

      QUOTE
      DO NOT FOLLOW WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD.  GO INSTEAD WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND LEAVE A TRAIL.

      JUSTIN TO BE ON ANIMAL PLANET CASTING SPECIAL
      This past Spring I was down to the finals for season two of a reality show, "King of the Jungle" on Animal Planet.  There will be a casting special on Tues., July 27 at 9 p.m., according to the Animal Planet Web site.  Maybe you can see me on the casting special.  http://animal.discovery.com/schedule/series.jsp?series=108438&gid=0&channel=APL

      DOES NOT ENDORSE
      Justin Rudd does not necessarily endorse all products/services written or advertised in the DOG E-newsletter.

      INDEPENDENT
      This newsletter is independent of Haute Dogs.

      ADVERTISE HERE

      Starts at $15 cash for 100-word paragraph.   Contact JustinRudd@...