Noah's Ark pets ready for adoption; pet lover workshop; pet blessing vid; parks

  • Justinrudd@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2006

      NOW MORE THAN 6,500 SUBSCRIBERS!

      Justin Rudd's
      SoCal DOG e-News

      Who is Justin?

      Thurs., Oct. 5, 2006
      presented this week by
      Wags to Whiskers Pet Grooming

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=Don't delay.  Neuter and spay!

      THE PERFECT OASIS HOME AWAITS YOU!

      $636,000 owner willing to help with closing costs and down payment!  Cal Heights home with gleaming hardwood floors, neat as a pin. Lush private yard ready rough plumbed for Jacuzzi. Historical register built 1941.  2 bedrooms, den updated bath, new roof and 2 car garage!  Buy for little out of pocket. Truly a great value!  Call Maggie at (562) 787-1101. Please visit www.maggiehomefinder.com to have a free home analysis or to receive FREE lists of homes on the market. Visit www.ourlongbeach.com for free coupons and discounts all around Long Beach!

      NOTE: ANIMALS FROM NOAH'S ARK UP FOR ADOPTION

      LONG BEACH - More than 200 animals rescued from allegedly deplorable conditions in a so-called "no-kill shelter" on Redondo Ave. will be up for adoption beginning today, authorities said.   [...MORE]

      PET LOVER  WORKSHOPS WITH
      LIZ FERNANDEZ, DVM,CVA

      Ancient Chinese wisdom to keep your pet healthy.  Learn  acupressure  & Chinese massage to treat your pet's  condition  & keep them healthy!  Create a diet for your pet!  Use the loving energy within you to promote wellness in your pet and you!  Have fun, make friends; learn the power of Chinese medicine!  Next workshop Oct. 21, details & sign up:  www.acupuncture4pets.net.  Dr. Liz offers 1 or 2 hour complimentary workshops for groups of 10 or more.  Book Dr. Liz for your meeting or event  liz@...

      THE COMPUTERMEISTER CAN HELP!

      Hardware problems?   Software trouble?   Computer viruses?   Is Microsoft Office driving you crazy?   One phone call is all your computer needs! I have years of experience with setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows and Mac computers, networks and software. My hourly rates are reasonable and I come to your house or office in L.A. and Orange counties without any travel charges. Night and weekend appointments available.  Call Kai at (213) 254-7480 or e-mail  kai@...  Web site:  www.thecomputermeister.com

      HAUTE DOG OF THE WEEK gets laughed at by his mom!
      CLICK HERE  to s
      ee Rosie the Bulldog's weekly "Pick of the Litter" and learn how you can submit your dog's photo/bio for possible inclusion in the coming months.  The Haute Dog of the week is presented by BELMONT PETS & LAUNDERPET SEAL BEACH LAUNDERPET

      HELP US FIND OUR TAKEN BRINDLE BULLDOG PUPPIES
      They would be 5 months old now.
      Morgan has a brindle mask over both eyes. Her front paws are white and her outside hind toenails are black. Jackie has a brindle  patch over the left side of her face. She also has a tiny brindle streak next to her right eye. Jackie loves to fall to her back to have her belly rubbed. Morgan's the more dominant of the two. Last seen at Norwalk Wal-mart on August 31.   Please help us get our babies back.  $1,000 reward.  Call Dave 714-329-5790.

      NOAH'S ARK CANDLELIGHT VIGIL
      photos from last night's vigil

      SEAL BEACH ANIMAL CARE CENTER'S WAG 'N' WALK: OCT. 14
      11th annual walkathon.
      Justin Rudd! (and his bulldog Rosie) from Haute Dogs will be this year's Grand Marshals. Sat., Oct. 14, 9 a.m. - Noon.  more info

      DOG PUTS HIMSELF INTO AREA ER

      BELLFLOWER - Was it the ambulance sirens, a canine's internal instinct or just plain luck?  Authorities are scratching their heads today after a mutt named Buddy somehow dragged himself into a local hospital for treatment of a broken leg after being struck by a  [...MORE]

      NO BOWS, NO WOWS FOR POOCHES PURSUING FAME

      L.A. Times -- Pet owners say Hollywood Paws failed to deliver acting jobs for their animals. The agency's owner says they got training.

      LAGUNA DOG FAMILY FUN FAIR
      Sat. Oct. 7,
      11 a.m. - 2 p.m.  Event

      so cute!

      L.B. PET BLESSING VIDEO
      www.BlessThePets.com.  Please share this link/video with friends now.  Yesterday (Wed., Oct. 4 was St. Francis Day).

      BLESSING OF THE PETS PHOTOS
      Justin. All of our animal blessing photos have been posted on our Web site (including one of you and your dog).  Go to www.petplace.org.  Then click on Pet Place Photo Gallery, and then to Long Beach Walk & Animal Blessing.  ---Fred B.

      GOT YOUR HOWL'OWEEN COSTUME YET?
      It's literally the World's biggest Halloween pet event and it's in
      Long Beach on Sun., Oct. 29.  We expect more than 550 dressed-up dogs in the Haute Dog Howl'oween Parade again this year!   www.HauteDogs.org

      VENDORS: 24-days-AWAY HOWL'OWEEN REMINDER

      The Haute Dog Howl'oween Parade & Pet Adoption/Vendor Fair is only a month away!  There are 28 booth spaces already reserved.  Will your group/biz be there?   Contact JustinRudd@...

      Which of these four is your favorite?

      JUSTIN RUDD'S DOG VIDEOS

      Blessing of the Animals

      Dog Beach at Sunset

      Rosie the Bulldog

      Bulldog Beauty Pageant

      more pet blessing pics

      CUE CARPENTERS SONG NOW
      LAist - We just got back from the Fifth Annual Interfaith Blessing of the Animals in
      Long Beach, where we took our beloved Pet Sematary refugee for a spiritual boost. ...

      DOG COSTUMES
      - Cute Dog Costumes
      - Weird Dog Costumes
      - Wiggle n Waggle Dog Costumes

      WHAT IS HAUTE DOGS?
      This Long Beach-based group helps animals in lots of different ways with events, including its annual Bulldog Beauty Contest, Easter Sunday and Howl'oween Parades and Operation Santa Paws, which collects donations - both money and items - and distributes them to local animal shelters and rescues.  Contact JustinRudd@.... Web site: www.hautedogs.org.

      LONG BEACH DOG BEACH
      This three-acre, off-leash dog beach is found in
      Belmont Shore. Daily hours are 6 a.m. - 8 p.m. Only one dog per adult.  This is the only legal, off-leash beach area in L.A. County. www.DogZone.org

      HUNT. BEACH DOG BEACH
      On Pacific Coast Highway between 21st St. and Seapoint St.; 100 Goldenwest St., 92648. Open
      5 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily.  Dogs may be off-leash in the water and on the wet sand -- three quarters of a mile long.  www.DogBeach.org

      ENCINO - SEPULVEDA BASIN DOG PARK
      White Oak and
      Victory Blvd..; Located at the N.-W. corner of Balboa Park, a full 5 acres of fenced off-leash dog park. One acre is separate for small dogs. Open daily sunrise to sunset except on Fri. when its opens at 11 a.m.  (818) 756-9642; www.dog-park.com

      GRIFFITH PARK DOG PARK
      Located at north end of the John Ferraro Soccer Field on N. Zoo Dr.
      L.A., 90027. Fenced, parking, trash cans, separate areas for large and small dogs, half grass/half dirt. Open
      5 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.  323/913-4688

      MORE OFF-LEASH PARKS AND BEACHES
      a complete list of So Cal pooch play areas.

      RALPH'S RUFFS

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=PANDA DOG: Is this AKC?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=LICENSE:  Our dog is old enough to drive.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=DOG BIRTHDAY:  Someone has a birthday.  HINT, it's not
      PLUTO.

      WHAT IS SPAY/NEUTER?
      Male dogs and cats are neutered by removing their testicles.  Female dogs and cats are spayed by removing their reproductive organs.  After the operation -- which requires anesthesia  -- the pet will stay at your vet for a few hours or a few days. Usually, you'll need to return to the vet since the pet will need stitches removed after a few days. Your veterinarian can fully discuss the procedure and help you to determine the best age at which to sterilize your pet.  Why is it good for pets to be spayed and neutered?    One of the best reasons is the fact that communities, like those in
      Southern California, spend millions of dollars to control unwanted animals.  Also, dogs and cats live longer, healthier lives when they are sterilized.  Get more info at www.SpayUSA.org or call your local vet.

      PET PLACE ART SHOW SUN., OCT. 8, 5-8 P.M.
      Forest Ave. Fine Art Gallery in Laguna Beach. All pieces will be for sale with a portion of the proceeds benefiting The Pet Place, a non profit charity now in its 16th year of saving thousands of homeless animals.

      THE PET PLACE TV SHOW
      KDOC-TV
        CHANNNEL 56: Sat.
      7:30 a.m.  and Charter Cable CHANNEL 3: (10 times weekly) Check local listings for times.

      BOW WOWS AND MEOWS
      Sun., Oct. 15, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m., Hart Park, Santa Clarita

      SERIES OF LAWS TOUGHEN ANIMAL PROTECTION IN CALIFORNIA
      LA Times - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a series of pet-friendly bills over the last two weeks as he dominated the campaign spotlight.

      UNLEASHED DOGS TO GET PLAY AREA AT HULL PARK
      L.A. Daily News -- Lancaster will soon open the region's first off-leash dog park.

      IN DEFENSE OF ANIMALS
      ACTION CENTER
      I wanted to let you know about an easy way to make your voice heard about important policy issues that affect animals. Sign up as an activist with In Defense of Animals (IDA)'s
      Action Center, and offer your opinion to decision makers on key issues. With your help, we can make a difference! Follow this link to sign up  ---Stephanie

      NUTS FOR MUTTS - THE WALK: SUN., OCT. 22
      Presented by New Leash On Life.  A 5K Walk at
      Pierce College, 6201 Winnetka Ave, Woodland Hills, Registration is free! Register TODAY: www.WALKFORPAWS.ORG or call 661-255-0097.  Benefiting Dogs and Benefiting Children with Autism.

      SUGGESTIONS FOR DOG TRAINERS OR L.B. AREA RESCUES?
      Justin, We live in the Belmont Shore area and have a small child.  Our inside-house dog came from a rescue about four years ago and has always had an aggressive stance with other dogs.  He recently snapped at our child when the child came between our dog and a second floor stairway gate.  I believe they call this fear or defensive-based aggression.  While it pains us to consider placing our dog in a rescue or adoption center, we believe we must either take that route or siimply keep our dog outside.  I would like to ask you if you can recommend any adoption centers in the Long Beach area --or-- alternatively any good trainers.  My heartfelt hope is that we could re-train our dog.  ---G.

      DOG BLOGS
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=
      dogster blog

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=hank the dog

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=Lab's Eye View

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=MJ's House of Slobber

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=Modern PoochD

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=moo dog blog

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=Opy

      FRIENDS OF L.B. ANIMALS RAISING FUNDS FOR THE MEDICAL CARE
      of 290 animals held in protective custody by Long Beach Animal Control at the
      Companion Animal Village.  Animal Control has provided and will continue to provide all necessary medical care and treatment for these animals; however, many animals still require ongoing treatment, and medical costs are building.  100% of monies donated for these specific animals will go toward their care.  Checks to "Friends of Long Beach Animals" and mark in the memo line:  "Special Medical Fund."  Please mail to:  Friends of Long Beach Animals, P. O. Box 92736, Long Beach, 90809.

      CAPISTRANO ANIMAL RESCUE EFFORT (CARE) MOTORCYCLE SHOW
      and rally on Oct. 8,
      Capistrano Harley Davidson in the Calle Perfecto Business Park; called "Hogs for Dogs." CARE is the local volunteer rescue group that has been tirelessly rescuing lost and abandoned animals found in the City of San Juan Capistrano since 2000.  Read on...

      HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE THIS SAT., OCT. 7
      You look great at 9!  It's time to party.

      WANTED: HOME FOR TERRORIST PUPPIES
      AP via Yahoo! News -- Describing abandoned puppies as "terrorists" in a classified ad doesn't seem like a good way to get them adopted. Unless you're in the animal-rescue world of
      Paula Young.

      SWEETENER MIGHT KILL DOGS, VETS' REPORT SAYS
      Arizona Daily Star --
      NEW YORK -- Keep those sugarless treats out of Fido's reach. Veterinarians warned Fri. that a commonly used sweetener might cause liver failure in dogs and perhaps even kill them.

      PET SITTING AND CARE FOR PETS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
      Special needs pets need specialized care. I am a licensed Registered Veterinary Technician with experience in caring for special needs pets. Having special needs pets myself, I founded Fur Their Sake so that I may help others care for their special pets. I will care for your pets where they are most comfortable - in your home. Services will be tailored to your pet's specific needs. E-mail furtheirsake@... or call
      Sharon at (714) 388-5160 for further info. I'm looking forward to becoming a partner in your pet's care.  Serving the greater Long Beach area.

      FOR ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A GREAT PET
      this is one of the nicest home pages I've ever read: best of craigslist : Goodbye, Sweetie ---L.

      FEATURED PET PUBLICATIONS
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=www.thepetpress-la.com/
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=www.ocdog.com
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=www.animalmagazineofsandiego.com
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=www.animalwellnessmagazine.com
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=www.dogfriendly.com

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=www.fidofriendly.com

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvK5yx2Z-qw&mode=related&search=www.dogfancy.com

      FIDO FRIENDLY MAGAZINE IS HIGHLIGHTING HAUTE DOGS
      in two ways. First in an article profile published in their Fall 2006
      Holiday issue; and second Fido Friendly will donate 50%! of all subscription monies on any subscription orders where someone mentions HAUTE DOGS when calling into their subscriptions line at (888) 881-5861. As a special bonus, Fido Friendly magazine has this special offer to Haute Dogs supporters: Buy one subscription at the normal rate, and receive up to 5 more Gift subscriptions for just $1. It's the perfect Holiday Gift!

      TEAM SPIRIT BREAST & OVARIAN CANCER 10K WALK
      Join us Sat., Oct. 7, for a beautiful walk through the
      Naples and Belmont Shore areas of Long Beach.  100% of the monies raised (non-registration fees) will go to the Memorial Medical Center Foundation to fund support groups, treatment and clinical research at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center.  Register or make a donation today at: www.teamspiritonline.org  For more information call: (562) 896-4037.  Registration is $35 on or after 9/22/06.  Team Spirit encourages each walker to raise $150 or more!  Team Spirit is dedicated to overcoming Breast & Ovarian Cancer.