Re: transformers to isolate digital interconnect

  • cbottca
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2005
      I suppose that might work at the CDP end, though probably should open
      the CDP to see what the wiring at the digital jack and your output
      circuitry is first. For best results the digital jack must be isolated
      from the CDP chassis, and as mentioned in the web page, also at the
      DI/O end...we want the digital cable totally isolated (floating). IMO
      it is also better to have the RCA jacks on the same transformer sides
      as the digital IC, as part of the floating system, and they wouldn't
      be this way if the transformers were mounted externally to the CDP and
      DI/O units.