Memory of Life

  • Ernest C. Turla
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
      This poem was written by U.P. and Ateneo Prof. Marc Mangalindan, just shortly before he died of heart failure in Quezon City last Sunday, Feb. 3rd.
      (courtesy of Leslie Manalili Tago of Kapampangan Pride)

                      MEMORY OF LIFE
              (by Marciano Malit Mangalindan)

      My memory of life once lived, is still alive and strong,
      Such times as when we played as one, with music and with song.
      A love as yours to build upon, a gentle kiss or touch,
      You bring a peace and quiet desire, a past that I miss much.

      We met and loved, my heart did choose, a gentle soul as you,
      A sweetness never seen before, such love was shining through.
      The passion of our life as one, both tender and with fire,
      Gave us both a dream to live, a time of strong desire.

      So warm your skin against my cheek, body glowing, gently shy.
      Caress of touching, softly loving, many pleasures passing by.
      A stillness comes, a passion spent, a time to build upon,
      A future such as all do hope, such thoughts to linger on.

      A friend who loves, is friend indeed, for now and times beyond,
      Such a person holds the key, to life which struggles on.
      A strength of deed that pulls us close and warms us when we’re cold,
      To build a past, to move along, a peaceful growing old.

      Where once we played as lovers do, our time together sweet,
      A time well spent, with pleasure joined, hearts tuned to a beat.
      Touch of comfort, knowing well, that pleasure creeps away,
      But memory lives inside the heart, not fading all your day.

      Do not miss the time once shared, it stays forever here,
      A sound or scent will bring it back, to blossom as if near.
      Go gently on to paths untrod and make a life anew,
      Do not look back with sadness love, let future hope renew.

      As time moves on, we leave behind, some piece of who we are,
      Both joy and sadness linger there, to come back from afar.
      A word, a song or gentle touch from one whose love we need
      To make the joy come back again, our heart to cease to grieve.

      With reach of memory, thoughts of you, a friend now gone away,
      Our lives move on but still we care, for those who could not stay.
      A distant place we are today from those we love and care,
      I wish you joy and peaceful heart, with loving friends to share.

    • DILA-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
        > Do not miss the time once shared, it stays forever here,
        > A sound or scent will bring it back, to blossom as if near.
        > Go gently on to paths untrod and make a life anew,
        > Do not look back with sadness love, let future hope renew.

        As a tribute to Marc, the above will be in the main column of dila.ph.
      • bankaw_itomon
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2013
          I just opened my emails from DILA. I am sorry to hear of Marc's sudden demise. May Gd keep his soul for eternity.

          Shalom, for being in Gd's bosom.

          bangkaw