After 18 years, Globe discovers there are Cebuano customers

  • dphilfinc
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2012
      > http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=780812

      Globe opens first Visayan language customer service
      (The Philippine Star) February 25, 2012

      Globe Telecom marked another milestone in the Philippine telecommunication industry, offering the first trilingual customer service to provide Visayan language option to subscribers.

      Company officials said the launch of the new customer service with a Cebu-based contact center dedicated to Visayan-speaking customers allows subscribers to converse with Globe easily in their vernacular of choice. This is aligned with the company's thrust of constantly innovating customer experience by giving customers choices to make their Globe experience more personal.

      The Visayan language is the second most-widely spoken language in the country, with over 20 million Filipinos speaking the language in various provinces and cities in Visayas and Mindanao.

      "Once again, we are raising the bar of customer experience. By having a Cebu-based contact center, we are able to break the language barrier experienced by a number of our Visayan subscribers today. Customers will now be delighted to find that our dedicated agents who are based in Cebu truly understand our customers in their language and can converse with them fluently to provide solutions to their needs," Globe customer experience head Joe Caliro said.

      With the launch of this language option, Visayan-speaking customers will now have access to Globe/TM sales and after-sales services through a dedicated Visayan Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS). To access the new language option, just dial 730-1000 (landline) or 211 (mobile). By following the self-service IVRS voice prompts (in Visayan) callers are directed to a Visayan-speaking customer service representative based in Cebu. Visayan-speaking customers can inquire about any Globe mobile, landline or broadband services for sales, care or tech concerns.