Site Updates

  • garth
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2004
      Hey everyone,

      The website has received some much-needed updating.  We're still in the process of re-organizing the site but here's a summary of what's new.

      Diamanda will perform La Serpenta Canta and Defixiones in Portland, Oregon (USA) later this year.  We will have more North American tour dates to announce within 10 days (I hope!). Go to www.diamandagalas.com/tourinfo.htm for info on the Portland shows.

      We have added three new Defixiones papers concerning Iraq.  Read them at www.diamandagalas.com/defixiones/writing.htm

      Amazon is now accepting pre-orders for the US release of "Defixiones, Will and Testament" and "La Serpenta Canta".  Go to www.diamandagalas.com/shop.htm for shopping links (Amazon.com and Amazon.ca).

      Diamanda was recently featured on Canada's "Brave New Waves" radio program.  Check out the new Diamanda Audio page at www.diamandagalas.com/audio.htm (the intro is online...the rest of the interview will be posted shortly). Also available online is an interview from Wisconsin Public Radio.
      We have added a ton of new reviews in English, Spanish, and Italian.  The new LA Weekly review is unique, to say the least, and there is a great Italian review (Diamanda vs P.O.D.).  www.diamandagalas.com/press

      Read about Diamada's song cycle Frenzy: Concert Dedicated to Aileen Wuornos.  We have added a nice article about a certain Hollywood actress and her Oscar acceptance speech (or lack thereof).   www.diamandagalas.com/frenzy.htm

      More soon!!

      -Garth.