Re: [DESC_OF_JOHN_McGUIRE_B1756_IR] Re: 1830s Morgan Co. Ky McGuire Land Grants

  • AL YOUNG
    Message 1 of 57 , Nov 18, 2012
      Thank you.
      This is my first venture into Kentucky genealogy. So, really do appreciate all the help that everyone has given.
      Pat Y.

      From: pmeguire@... <pmeguire@...>
      To: DESC_OF_JOHN_McGUIRE_B1756_IR@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 9:58 AM

      Marla and Pat Y.,
      .
      Here are a few 1830s McGuire land grant records near the Licking River that may be of help.
      .
      1.) Patent #: 00231  Grantee: McQuire, Samuel
      Grant Book & Pg: 2 62 Acreage: 100
      County: Morgan WaterCourse: Head Of Pricey Br. Licking R.
      Survey Name: McGuire, Samuel Survey Date: 10/08/1836
      Grant Date: 03/20/1838
      2.) Patent #: 01510  Grantee: McGuire, James
      Grant Book & Pg: 4 384 Acreage: 50
      County: Morgan WaterCourse: Lick Cr. Licking R.
      Survey Name: McGuire, James Survey Date: 04/04/1838
      Grant Date: 01/23/1840
      3.) Patent #: 02032Grantee: McGuire, James &c.
      Grant Book & Pg: 5 355 Acreage: 600
      County: Morgan WaterCourse: Caney Cr. Little Sandy R.
      Survey Name: McGuire, James &c. Survey Date: 12/14/1838
      Grant Date: 07/14/1840
      4.) Patent #: 02064                                          Grantee: McGuire, James
      Grant Book & Pg: 5 388 Acreage: 150
      County: Morgan WaterCourse: Head Of R. Hand Fk. Of Rock House Fk. Licking R.
      Survey Name: McGuire, James Survey Date: 05/04/1839
      Grant Date: 07/14/1840
      5.) Patent #: 02069 Grantee: McGuire, James
      Grant Book & Pg: 5 393 Acreage: 1000
      County: Morgan WaterCourse: Licking River
      Survey Name: McGuire, James Survey Date: 04/04/1838
      Grant Date: 07/14/1840
      6.) Patent #: 02072                                           Grantee: McGuire, William
      Grant Book & Pg: 5 396 Acreage: 100
      County: Morgan WaterCourse: Rock House Fk. Licking R.
      Survey Name: McGuire, William Survey Date: 05/04/1839
      Grant Date: 07/14/1840
      .
      .
      The earliest land record I have seen is John McGuire b.1756 being taxed in 1820 for 100 acres on the Licking River originally granted to Daniel French.   Then in 1830, James b.1794 was also taxed for 00 acres on the Licking River originally granted to Daniel French.   So it appears that sometime before 1830 John b.1756 either sold or gave his original 100 acres to James b.1794, and John b.1756 then apparently moved in with his son Capt. James b.1780, as shown in the 1830 census.
      .
      Since James b.1794 married Hannah Caskey in 1813, and  the Caskeys apparently lived in the vicinity of West Liberty, I suspect that John b.1756's original 100 acres were near West Liberty, possibly in the vicinity of Caney Creek.  With luck, maybe you will eventually find a Morgan County deed from the mid 1800s for James b.1794 selling his land.
      .
      Deeds 1846-1901; Indexes 1846-1970
      author:Morgan County (Kentucky). Clerk of the County Court
      .
      Or maybe a record from the Morgan Co. Court ordering John b.1756 or James b.1794 to have a deed recorded in the 1820s or 1830s.
      .
      Order books, 1823-1934
      author:Kentucky. County Court (Morgan County)
      .
      Also, FYI - Hannah Caskey McGuire is buried in the Howard & Goodpaster Cemetery, in Ezel, about 10 miles west of West Liberty.
      .
      .
      .
      Good luck.
      Pat Meguire

      From: mjmcfarland80 <mjmcfarland@...>
      To: DESC_OF_JOHN_McGUIRE_B1756_IR@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 5:43 AM

      Alright, sounds good. I'll be in a green Subaru Outback. See you then.

      Marla

      --- In DESC_OF_JOHN_McGUIRE_B1756_IR@yahoogroups.com, AL YOUNG <alyoung29@...> wrote:

      > Fazoli's at 11 is great.
      > See you then. I have an older silver grey Suburban.
      >
      > Pat

    • mjmcfarland80
      Message 57 of 57 , Nov 21, 2012
        I also apologize, Pat Y. for telling you that I thought Isabel D. McGuire was deceased. It does say on the Blecha and McDaniel Genelaogy website "both deceased" when mentioning Isabel and her husband. I emailed her and received a reply. I emailed back and haven't heard from her again yet.

        Marla