Holiday Party in Westborough / Special Invitation to Dispatch Readers

  • Kate Donaghue
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2005
      Donaghue's Democratic Dispatch

      Greetings from Kate
      Dear Democrats,

      For the past several years my husband and I have hosted the Westborough DTC Holiday Party at our home. The party is co-sponsored by the M&W Dems and the MNW Alliance. I invite you, all of the Dispatch readers, to join us. I hope that you will consider attending this event. We always have a lot of fun. It is "kid friendly" and is also "football friendly" for those spouses who think that Sunday afternoons are for watching football, rather than talking politics.

      This year there are several candidates/office holders who are confirmed or hoping to join us. For Lieutenant Governor, Worcester Mayor Tim Murray has confirmed; Deborah Goldberg has also expressed an interest in attending. Wrocester DA John Conte, and Rep. Mike Festa, candidate for Middlesex DA, are both planning on attending. Two special guests include my own State Senator Pam Resor and vice-chair of the MW Dems, Representative James Eldridge.

      Please join us on Sunday, December 4 from 2 to 6 PM at 17 Gary Circle in Westborough. Click here for details and directions.

      I hope that everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

      Democratically yours,

      Kate Donaghue

      Highlights of the Next Few Weeks
      There are a number of holiday events coming up. Since December is a difficult time to get people to come to the regular meetings, consider making the time to go to one or two of the events at which you can hear some of the candidates speak. Events include the Alliance meeting in Framingham with Mike Festa and Andrea Silbert on Tuesday or to hear Deval Patirck in Sudbury on Thursday this week. Congressman Meehan will have "Town Meetings" in Hudson and Concord on Saturday. There are many other candidate events!

      The MDP's Gala and events for John Kerry, Deval Patrick, Martha Coakley, Sam Kelly and Andy Nucifero are all coming up Boston in the next week or two. And don't forget the Plymouth County Democratic League's 70th anniversary event. These are all festive events in this holiday season.

      As the editor I'm also allowed to mention that I am on the Host Committee for a fundraiser for Rep. Mike Festa in Framingham on Saturday 12/3. And in the interest of equal time there is a fundraiser in Sudbury for Jarrett Barrios on 12/5.

      Check out the calendar for details on all of these events and many others.

      Ongoing Anti-War Events
      Bring the Troops Home, Saturday 12 - 12:30, Sudbury Town Common
      Anti-war vigil, Wednesday nights from 7 PM to 8 PM at the corner of Park Avenue and Highland Street in Worcester.
      Anti-war vigil every Wednesday night from 7:00 PM to 7:45 PM in Medford Square.
      Bring a candle or a sign and stand out for ending the war in Iraq.

      Contents for Recurring Sections
      Caucus and Convention Date Information - Click here for info
      How to Send an Event to the Dispatch - click here for info
      Regional and Local E-mail Lists - click here for info
      Contact Info for Campaigns and MDP - click here for info

      Summary of events (highlighted items are new or updated):

      Mon 11/28 *Meet Deval Patrick in Medfield*
      Tue 11/29 *Belmont DTC wtih Deval Patrick and Deb Goldberg*
      MNW Alliance Meeting with Andrea Silbert and Mike Festa
      Social Security, Pension & Retirement Forum
      Wed 11/30 Reception honoring State Senator Andrea F. Nuciforo Jr.
      Women for Sam Kelly Event
      *Book Signing Event/Janis F. Kearney, former diarist to President Bill Clinton*
      Thu 12/01 *Dennis Guyer Recpetion in PIttsfield*
      Deval Patrick in Sudbury
      Sat 12/03 *Congressman Meehan Town Meeting in Hudson*
      *Congressman Meehan Town Meeting in Concord*
      *Fundraiser for Mike Festa in Framingham*
      Sun 12/04 *MW Dems/Alliance Dems Holiday Party in Westborough*
      Deval Patrick 1EM Meeting in Ipswich
      *Community Meeting with Deval Patrick*
      Sudbury DTC Holiday Party
      Mon 12/05 Franklin DTC Meeting
      *Fundraising Reception for Jarrett Barrios in Sudbury*
      Tue 12/06 MDP Holiday Gala
      Wed 12/07 *Deval Patrick Reception "No Ordinary Evening"*
      Southborough DTC Meeting
      *"Just Desserts" on Martha's Vineyard*
      Thu 12/08 Martha Coakley Event in Boston
      Maynard DTC Meeting
      *Haverhill Democratic Party Meetup*
      *Rep. Kaufman Open House/Energy Costs*
      Sun 12/11 *Shrewsbury DTC Holiday Brunch*
      Senator Kerry Birthday Celebration
      Mon 12/12 *Community Meeting with Deval Patrick*
      Wed 12/14 Hopkinton DTC Meeting
      *Deval Patrick at Melrose Democratic City Committee Meeting*
      Thu 12/15 70th Anniversary Celebration of the PCDL
      Fri 12/16 *Wayland DTC 3rd Friday Breakfast*
      Sun 01/08 Four Town 6th District Democratic Committee
      Wed 01/11 Melrose DTC Meeting
      Thu 01/12 *Carlisle DTC Meeting*
      Sat 01/14 Salisbury Town Democratic Committee Meeting
      Wed 01/18 Hopkinton DTC Meeting
      Thu 01/19 PCDL Candidate's Night
      Sat 01/21 GLAD Breakfast meeting at SKIP'S in Chelmsford
      PCDL Chair's Breakfast
      Celebration of Senior Citizens on Hopkinton DTC
      Sun 01/22 Framingham DTC meeting
      Wed 02/15 Hopkinton DTC Meeting
      Wed 03/15 Hopkinton DTC Meeting

      You Have to Laugh Occasionally
      Thanksgiving

      A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York the day before Thanksgiving and says, "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough."

      "Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

      "We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father says. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her."

      Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "No way they're getting divorced!" she shouts, "I'll take care of this." She calls Phoenix immediately and screams at her father, "You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

      The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay," he says, "they're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own way."

      Event details:

      *11/28/2005 Meet Deval Patrick in Medfield*
      Monday, November 28, 8 - 9 PM
      Zullo Art Gallery, 456 Main Street. Medfield, MA
      Meet Deval Patrick in Medfield Candidate for Governor in 2006
      The entrance to Zullo is on the side of the Casabella building, facing the Library. A few places to park would be behind Lords, behind Town Hall or at the bank.
      Please RSVP to Susan Bernstein at bernstein2000@... or 508.359.6653.
      [back]

      *11/29/2005 Belmont DTC wtih Deval Patrick and Deb Goldberg*
      Tuesday, November 29, 7 PM
      Selectmen's Office, Belmont Town Hall, 455 Concord Ave.
      Deval Patrick, candidate for Governor and Deb Goldberg, Candidate for Lt. Governor. The public is welcome.
      [back]

      11/29/2005 MNW Alliance Meeting with Andrea Silbert and Mike Festa
      Tuesday, November 29, 7 PM
      Carpenters Union, Ashland, MA
      [back]

      11/29/2005 Social Security, Pension & Retirement Forum
      Tuesday, November 29, 7:15 PM
      Florence Sawyer School, 100 Mechanic St., Bolton
      Social Security, Pension & Retirement Forum Whoever thought that Social Security would be a hot topic? If you would like to submit questions in advance, please email to boltondtc@.... If you have any questions, call Jeff Boudreau at 978-779-5284, or email at address above. This event is sponsored by the Bolton Democratic Town Committee and co-sponsored by the MW Dems.
      Contact: Jeff Boudreau 978-779-5284 boltondtc@...
      Location: Florence Sawyer School, 100 Mechanic St., Bolton.
      [back]

      11/30/2005 Reception honoring State Senator Andrea F. Nuciforo Jr.
      Wednesday, November 30, 5:30 - 7:30 PM
      Union Oyster House 41 Union Street Boston
      $125 donation per person
      to RSVP call Nuciforo Committee at 413-997-4848
      [back]

      11/30/2005 Women for Sam Kelly Event
      Wednesday, November 30, 6 - 8 PM
      Hotel Commonwealth, Foundation Lounge, 650 Beacon Street, Boston
      WOMEN FOR SAM KELLEY Invite you to A Special Evening with Dr. Sam Kelley
      Suggested donation: $50, $100, $350, $500
      RSVP to Bob Colt Bob@... 617-314-7382
      [back]

      *11/30/2005 Book Signing Event/Janis F. Kearney, former diarist to President Bill Clinton*
      Wednesday, November 30, 7 PM
      Borders Bookstore, CambridgeSide Galleria Mall
      Special Book Signing Event with author, Janis F. Kearney, former diarist to President Bill Clinton
      You will not want to miss this opportunity to join former Clinton Administration officials and local groups in welcoming Janis to the Boston area. You will have a chance to meet and speak with Janis about her inspiring life and learn more about her family of 19 children and two incredible parents. For more information or to request an invitation, please email MikeLake13@...
      [back]

      *12/01/2005 Dennis Guyer Recpetion in PIttsfield*
      Thursday, December 1, 6 - 8 PM
      Zucchini's Restaurant, 1331 North Street, Pittsfield, Mass.
      For info or to RSVP: 413-442-5183.
      Suggested donation: $25 $50 $100
      You may also send a check payable to "Citizens for Denis Guyer" to One Haworth Street, Dalton MA 01266.
      [back]

      12/01/2005 Deval Patrick in Sudbury
      Thursday, December 1, 7 - 9 PM
      Goodnow Library, 21 Concord Road, Sudbury, MA
      Meeting is open to the Public, Free Admission
      Cathy Ashton, 508-655-4929; Maxine Yarbrough, 978-443-6568.
      [back]

      *12/03/2005 Congressman Meehan Town Meeting in Hudson*
      Saturday, December 3, 11 AM
      Hudson Town Hall
      [back]

      *12/03/2005 Congressman Meehan Town Meeting in Concord*
      Saturday, December 3, 2 PM
      Peabody School in Concord
      [back]

      *12/03/2005 Fundraiser for Mike Festa in Framingham*
      Saturday, December 3, 2:30 PM
      125 Prospect Street, Framingham
      You are cordially invited to a MetroWest Fundraiser for Rep. Mike Festa
      Suggested donations of $25, $50, $100
      Please RSVP to Parwez Wahid at pwahid@...
      [back]

      *12/04/2005 MW Dems/Alliance Dems Holiday Party in Westborough*
      Sunday, December 4, 2 - 5 PM
      17 Gary Circle, Westborough, MA
      Come join the Westborough DTC at our annual Holiday Party, co-hosted by the MW Democrats and the Alliance Democrats. All candidates welcome! Please RSVP to KateDonaghue@....

      RSVP If you can so that we can plan for food. I can be reached at KateDonaghue@....

      From Route 495 Take the RT-9 W exit, exit number 23B, towards Worcester. On Rt. 9 west go approximately 3.3 miles to Route 135. Take Route 135 East for 0.8 miles. Immediately after a sign reading 108 Milk Street Station, turn right onto Kings Grant Road. Follow Kings Grant Road 0.3 miles until the end of the street. Turn right and 17 Gary Circle is immediately on the left. It is a white house with blue shutters.

      From the Worcester area, take Route 9 to Route 135. Take Route 135 East for 0.8 miles. Immediately after a sign reading 108 Milk Street Station, turn right onto Kings Grant Road. Follow Kings Grant Road 0.3 miles until the end of the street. Turn right and 17 Gary Circle is immediately on the left. It is a white house with blue shutters.
      [back]

      12/04/2005 Deval Patrick 1EM Meeting in Ipswich
      Sunday, December 4, 2 PM
      Ipswich Town Hall
      Deval Patrick is coming to discuss ...
      "Why it matters who is in the Corner Office"
      [back]

      *12/04/2005 Community Meeting with Deval Patrick*
      Sunday, December 4, 6 PM
      15 Green Street second floor, Newburyport
      [back]

      12/04/2005 Sudbury DTC Holiday Party
      Sunday, December 4, 7:30 PM
      Hosmer House, Sudbury, MA
      [back]

      12/05/2005 Franklin DTC Meeting
      Monday, December 5, 7 PM
      Franklin Municipal Building
      2006 Meetings: 1/9/2006. 2/6/2006, 3/6/2005, 4/3/2006 5/1/2006, 6/5/2006, 9/11/2006, 10/2/2006, 12/9/2005
      [back]

      *12/05/2005 Fundraising Reception for Jarrett Barrios in Sudbury*
      Monday, December 5, 7 - 9 PM
      179 Marlboro Road, Sudbury, MA
      Fundraising Reception for State Senator Jarrett Barrios, candidate for Middlesex County DA
      Suggested donations $100, $250, $500
      Please RSVP to Eric Shienbrood, eshienbrood@...
      [back]

      12/06/2005 MDP Holiday Gala
      Tuesday, December 6
      Fairmont Copley Plaza, 138 St. James Ave., Boston, MA
      Chairman Philip W. Johnston and the Masschusetts Democratic Party invite you to a Holiday Gala, featuring Senator Edward Kennedy and honoring Senate President Robert Travaglini and Speaker of the House Salvatore DiMasi.
      Individual $250
      RSVP by November 25 to David Howard at 617-776-2676.
      [back]

      *12/07/2005 Deval Patrick Reception "No Ordinary Evening"*
      Wednesday, December 7, 6 - 8 PM
      Fairmont Copley Plaza, 136 St. James Street, Boston
      Please join us for a night of vibrant ideas, engaging conversations, and politics that is anything but the usual.
      Suggested donation $500-Host Committee; Friend-$250; Supporter-$100.
      RSVP to Jane Corr 617-367-3006.
      [back]

      12/07/2005 Southborough DTC Meeting
      Wednesday, December 7, 7 PM
      Owen O'Leary's, Rte. 9, Southborough
      Agenda:
      - Raise a glass in memory of Charlie Aspesi and of Ellie Maclauchlan
      - Dessert and discussion
      - A draft of bylaws
      Please RSVP if possible so that I can reserve a table that will hold us. Non-members are of course welcome.
      For more information, call Kelly Roney at 508.460.9451 or email him at kelly.roney@....
      [back]

      *12/07/2005 "Just Desserts" on Martha's Vineyard*
      Wednesday, December 7, 7:30 PM
      Vine Lane, "Golden Oaks" West Tisbury
      Democratic gathering for friendship and cheer to talk about plans for the cp,omg New Year. RSVP to 508-693-8165.
      [back]

      12/08/2005 Martha Coakley Event in Boston
      Thursday, December 8, 5:30 - 7:30 PM
      Union Oyster House, 41 Union Street, Boston
      Suggested donation: $100, $250, $500
      www.marthacoakley.com
      [back]

      12/08/2005 Maynard DTC Meeting
      Thursday, December 8, 7 PM
      TBA
      'The Maynard DTC has changed its regular monthly meetings from the third Wednesday of every month to the second Thursday of every month. Its next meeting will be Thursday, December 8th.' [back]

      *12/08/2005 Haverhill Democratic Party Meetup*
      Thursday, December 8, 7 PM
      Dunkin Donuts, 15 S. Main St. Haverhill (978-372-1705)
      Dunkin Donuts, 15 S. Main St. Haverhill (978-372-1705) Meeting is open to Haverhill supporters pf the Democratic Party to discuss issues of local concern. Please contact Roz McKeon (978-373-4032) for more information or visit our web site http://democrat.meetup.com/709/ [back]

      *12/08/2005 Rep. Kaufman Open House/Energy Costs*
      Thursday, December 8, 7:30 - 8:30 PM
      National Heritage Museum, Lexington
      Representative Jay Kaufman will host his monthly public policy forum, OPEN HOUSE, on the topic of energy policy. The topic of the forum is "Reining In the Costs of Energy - Financial, Environmental, Social." The National Heritage Museum is at the intersection of Massachusetts Avenue and Marrett Road (Route 2A) in Lexington.
      [back]

      *12/11/2005 Shrewsbury DTC Holiday Brunch*
      Sunday, December 11, 11 AM - 2 PM
      26 Monringside Drive, Shrewsbury, MA
      Please RSVP by Decmber 9 to Keetonlaw@...
      [back]

      12/11/2005 Senator Kerry Birthday Celebration
      Sunday, December 11, 6 - 8 PM
      Boston Park Plaza
      You are cordially invited to join a birthday celebration for Senator John Kerry. Suggested donation: $100, $250, $500, $1000.
      If you would like to R.S.V.P. offline or for additional information, call Jon Patsavos 617-263-3379 or email to jpatsavos@....
      [back]

      *12/12/2005 Community Meeting with Deval Patrick*
      Monday, December 12, 6 PM
      Freedom House, Dorchester
      [back]

      12/14/2005 Hopkinton DTC Meeting
      Wednesday, December 14, 7:30 PM
      Town Hall Senior Center
      [back]

      *12/14/2005 Deval Patrick at Melrose Democratic City Committee Meeting*
      Wednesday, December 14, 7:30 PM
      235 West Foster, Beebe Estate, Melrose
      Monthly City Committee meeting. December meeting features candidate for governor, Deval Patrick
      Contact: Nyal Fuentes Phone: 781-620-1150 Email: melrosedems@... Web Site: www.melrosedems.org
      [back]

      12/15/2005 70th Anniversary Celebration of the PCDL
      Thursday, December 15, 7 PM
      BR's Monponsett Inn, Route 58, Halifax
      Special guest speaker Congressman Barney Frank. Buffet dinner, $20/person. Commemorative Book Ads available. Contact Bob Joy @ (508) 295-1538.
      [back]

      *12/16/2005 Wayland DTC 3rd Friday Breakfast*
      Friday, December 16, 7 - 9 AM
      Mels in Cochituate
      [back]

      01/08/2006 Four Town 6th District Democratic Committee
      Sunday, January 8, 7 PM
      Hanson Town Hall
      Next meetings April 23, August 6 and October 1, 2006. Contact Kathy DiPasqua-Egan (781) 293-2166.
      [back]

      01/11/2006 Melrose DTC Meeting
      Wednesday, January 11, 7:30 PM
      Beebe Estate, Melrose, MA
      The Melrose Democratic City Committee will hold an organizational meeting. At this meeting we will elect ward and city committee officers. City Committee by-law's require this organizational meeting every even year; on non-Presidential primary election years this meeting must be held before April 15th. The Chair has elected to run this organizational meeting prior to the caucuses for the nominating convention in June which will be held in February at the Beebe School. Dan Barry will not be running for another term as City Committee Chair.
      [back]

      *01/12/2006 Carlisle DTC Meeting*
      Thursday, January 12, 6:30 PM
      Gleason Library Hollis Room
      Contact Susan Stamps sdellas@... or 978-369-8462.
      [back]

      01/14/2006 Salisbury Town Democratic Committee Meeting
      Saturday, January 14, 9 AM
      Hilton Center on Lafeyette Rd in Salisbury
      All registered Democrats are welcome. For more information, contact Linda Firth, Secretary of the Salisbury Town Democratic Committee at lfirth1@...
      [back]

      01/18/2006 Hopkinton DTC Meeting
      Wednesday, January 18, 7:30 PM
      Hopkinton Fire Station
      [back]

      01/19/2006 PCDL Candidate's Night
      Thursday, January 19, 7 PM
      Charlie Horse Restaurant in West Bridgewater
      Candidates Night cosponsored by West Bridgewater DTC. For more info: Neil Conley neil@... The Charlie Horse Restaurant is at the intersection of Route #24 and #106 Alternate contact Bob Joy 508-295-1538. All candidates and officials welcome.
      [back]

      01/21/2006 GLAD Breakfast meeting at SKIP'S in Chelmsford
      Saturday, January 21, 7 AM
      Skip's, Route 110, Chelmsford, MA
      Regular Breakfast Meeting of GLAD
      Skip's can be reached from Exit 43 off Route 495
      Candidates, officials and guests are welcome. Please advise the Chair. Marie Sweeney, Chair, 978-851-3867, sweeney133@...
      [back]

      01/21/2006 PCDL Chair's Breakfast
      Saturday, January 21, 9:30 AM
      Fireside Restaurant, Middleboro Circle.
      All Plymouth County CC/DTC Chair's welcome. Free Breakfast. Guest Speaker Phil Johnston. Speakers will address 2006 Victory efforts.
      [back]

      01/21/2006 Celebration of Senior Citizens on Hopkinton DTC
      Saturday, January 21, 1 PM
      Carbones Restaurant, Hopkinton, MA
      Celebration of Senior Citizens who have served the Town of Hopkinton Democratic Committee. Watch this space for details.
      [back]

      01/22/2006 Framingham DTC meeting
      Sunday, January 22, 7 PM
      Framingham Green, 136 Maynard Rd. Framingham, Mass.
      contact www.framinghamdems.org
      pwahid@...
      [back]

      02/15/2006 Hopkinton DTC Meeting
      Wednesday, February 15, 7:30 PM
      Fire Station
      Election of Town Committee officers.
      [back]

      03/15/2006 Hopkinton DTC Meeting
      Wednesday, March 15, 7:30 PM
      Fire Station, Hopkinton, MA
      [back]

      Dispatch Information
      The Democratic Dispatch is a more or less weekly e-mail newsletter for Democratic events across the state. Your editors are Kate Donaghue, Democratic State Committee member, and Pace Willisson, of the Medway DTC. We edit this as volunteers as our way of helping the Democratic Party. Replies to the Dispatch come only to us, unlike some other Yahoo groups.

      Please do send us events. We want to publicize what you are doing. Please send events with the subject line "For The Dispatch" so that we can find them easily. Also, it helps to keep the information right in the body of the e-mail. We usually go to press for Friday AM. Please send to ddemdispatch-owner@yahoogroups.com. Thanks!

      I also look for you to send me appropriate jokes. I appreciate all of the submissions, but there are some that I keep in my "censored jokes" file.

      Kate Donaghue (and Pace Willisson)

      Submitting Items
      Please send events with the subject line "For The Dispatch" so that we can find them easily. Also, it helps to keep the information right in the body of the e-mail. We usually go to press for Friday AM. Please send to ddemdispatch-owner@yahoogroups.com. Thanks!

      House Concerts
      In the days of chamber music, 200 or 300 years ago, people would gather in their drawing rooms or salons to listen to live musicians. It was a way to get together with friends and, at the same time, to be introduced to artists and their work. It was a time when involvement in the arts was a part of everyday life. Today, most of us are accustomed to concerts where the performer is inaccessible, so the experience of a private concert in an intimate setting provides a refreshing contrast. House Concerts are unique events. The audience is close enough to see the details of the artist's performance - the nuances of a facial expression - or hear the artist's fingers attack the strings before they hear the sound of the notes. Not only can the guests see the performance better, they also have multiple opportunities to meet and mingle with the performer.

      Why are House Concerts so great?

      House Concerts are fun, and they take a common social gathering to a whole new level. Since most people have never been to a private concert in someone's home, your guests feel they are part of something special. The concert provides a unique focus to the evening with plenty of time to socialize. The intimacy and warmth of the experience enchant most people who attend. Many hosts find that House Concerts are a tangible way in which they can support the arts in their community. Your guests don't have to dress formally or make large contributions. They simply get to enjoy the artistry of a new talent in the gracious setting of your home.

      The growing popularity of House Concerts has given independent artists opportunities to build grass-roots audiences. By hosting a House Concert and sharing this unique opportunity with those in your intimate circle, you are making a significant contribution to an artist's career. I am connected with >250 Boston-based as well as nationally known independent singer songwriters, and do this for fun, not profit (well, maybe profit down the road).

      If you are interested in discussing bringing an artist to your holiday or other event, or for a FUNDRAISER (I know some very excellent political artists) send an email to notlobmusic@....

      Regards.

      Jeff Boudreau Bolton

      p.s. A WONDERFUL Virgina-based singer-songwriter will be in our area in early December and has an open date 12/10, before heading to the west coast.

      E-Mail Lists
      SEND ME INFORMATION ON YOUR LIST If your list is not listed here, or the information that I have needs to be changed, just send an e-mail to DDemDispatch-owner@yahoogroups.com.

      Please sign up for the lists that suit your needs. If it turns out a list doesn't suit you, just opt out. In some, but not all of these groups, it helps to write a note as to why you want to join. Just as an FYI, in some groups, the groups is configured so a message is not seen. So let the owner know who you are.

      Plymouth County Democratic League - contact twhite@...
      North Shore Update - NorthShoreDemocraticUpdate-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      MNWAlliance (Splika district)-AllianceDems-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      MWDems (Resor District) - MWDems-owner@yahoogroups.com
      1EM ALliance (Gloucester area Democrats)-Contact elizabethkilcoyne@...
      WM Regional Dems (Antonioni District) - WMDems-owner@yahoogroups.com South Shore Democratic News - contact jim@...
      South Shore Democrats - contact newsdesk@...
      Greater Lowell Area Democrats - sweeney133@...
      Bershire Brigade - contact victory2006@...
      Berkshire area - berkshires4demchange@yahoogroups.com
      Cape and Island Democrats - ohmankathy@...
      South Shore Democrats - www.SouthShoreDemocrats.org
      Merrimack Valley Democrats - MVDems-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      List for DTC activists - MassDemsGuide-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      List for Young Dems - massfuture-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Acton DTC - Acton_Dems-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Bolton - BoltonDTC-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Northborough DTC - contact mcguirk9633@...
      Shrewsbury DTC - contact GDgeary@...
      Southborough DTC - SbroDems-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Sudbury DTC - SudburyDems-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      BoltonDTC@...
      Westborough DTC - WbroDems-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Uxbridge DTC - http://www.uxbridge-dtc.org/

      If the group is a yahoo group you can sign up by sending an e-mail to the address listed. The subject and content can be left blamk, but if your e-mail system objects just put the word subscribe in both places. In some groups to avoid spammers, when applying to join state your name & town and include a brief statement why you are joining.

      Caucus Window for 2006 Established
      The MDP has established the time period during which caucuses for the June 2 and 3, 2006 nominating convention are to be held. Please refer to the exact text from the applicable rules below.

      The caucus window will be February 4, 2006 to February 12, 2006. The caucus date will be February 4; a caucus can be held between February 5 and February 12, if the Chair applies for and receives a waiver.

      As in other nominating convention years, a candidate for delegate must be present to run, although there is an exception for potential candidates serving in the armed forces.

      Although no business other than that specified can be conducted at the caucus, some committees find it convenient to call a regular meeting of their committee immediately following the caucus.

      The Field Services Committee is sending this information out to allow for Committees to set schedules for the 2005-2006 year. Chairs will be mailed the full information later in the year.

      Sincerely,

      Steve Fradkin, Co-chair, Field Services Sub-Committee
      Kate Donaghue, Co-chair, Field Services Sub-Committee

      from METHOD OF SELECTING DELEGATES TO THE 2006 MASSACHUSETTS DEMOCRATIC STATE CONVENTION

      From Rule 4
      "It shall be the responsibility of the chairpersons of the Democratic ward and town committees to call and chair a local caucus at a time to be determined on February 4, 2006 and no later than February 12, 2006 with the consent of the Chairperson of the State Committee. (unless the caucus is postponed due to a severe snowstorm or another weather-related event with approval by the Chair of the Democratic State Committee or his designee), in a public place that is accessible to the disabled and does not inhibit participation by any Democrat, and to promptly notify the Democratic State Committee of that time and location by January 13, 2006. The Chair of the State Democratic State Committee or his designee shall grant a waiver at the written request of the chairperson of any ward or town committee filed prior to January 13, 2006, to transfer the date and/or time of the ward or town caucus to a date between February 4, 2006 and February 12, 2006 and to any time reasonably convenient for participants."

      From Rule 19
      "A candidate for Delegate or Alternate at the local caucus must be present and give his or her written consent to nomination; except that a person serving in the Armed Forces of the United States who advises his ward or town chair of his/her desire to be considered for election prior to January 10, 2006 shall be eligible."

      CONTACT INFORMATION:
      Kennedy for Senate
      56 Roland St. North Lobby Suite 203 Boston, MA 02129
      Tel: 617-776-2676 Fax: 617-776-2579
      www.tedkennedy.com info@...

      Deval Patrick for Governor
      P.O. Box 961629, 56 Roland St. Suite 100 D, Boston, MA 02196
      (617) 367-2006, (617) 210-7998
      Fax: (617) 210-4787
      www.devalpatrick.com info@...

      Tom Reilly for Governor
      PO Box 6320 Boston, MA 02114
      (617) 367-5747
      www.tomreilly.org info@...

      Deborah Goldberg for Lt.Governor
      75 Center Street 6th Floor Boston,MA 02190
      p:617-423-5888 f:617-423-5899
      www.deborahgoldberg.com e-mail: info@...

      Sam Kelley for Lt. Governor
      71 Commercial St. #222, Boston, MA 02109
      phone: 617-314-7382 fax: 866-528-7875
      www.samkelley2006.com skelley@...

      Andrea Silbert for Lt. Governor
      67 Coddington Street Quincy, MA 02169
      617-479-2006
      info@... www.andreasilbert.com

      Martha Coakley for Massachusetts Attorney General
      358 Broadway, Suite 2 Cambridge, MA 02139
      617-864-2006
      www.marthacoakley.com
      Committee@...

      Secretary of State Bill Galvin
      444 Washington St Boston, MA
      info@... www.billgalvin.org

      State Treasurer Tim Cahill
      www.treasurercahill.com
      anthony@...

      Cam Kerry Committee
      Suite 304, 376 Boylston St., Boston MA 02116
      (617)247-CK06
      www.CamKerry.com

      John Bonifaz for Secretary of State
      The Bonifaz Committee
      P.O. Box 300007
      Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
      www.johnbonifaz.com

      PARTY INFORMATION
      New Address and Phone Number! Massachusetts Democratic Party
      56 Roland Street Suite 203 Boston, MA 02129
      The Sullivan Square stop on the Orange line is a two-minute walk to the office.
      Tel: 617-776-2676
      Fax: 617-776-2579