Re: [DCU] Re: Saddam Will Be Avenged!

  • VIN DIESEL
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
      He may have or may not deserve the hanging, but that's not for here. So do as everyone is saying and keep your political nonsense elsewhere. Ok Chica?...to everyone else...Happy New Year.!

      Just to let you know,  the Koran is the most Violent book ever written. This was justified in court. I'm of Muslim decent and I hate it.

      Vin.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hey guuys lets just discus our comics here ok not world politics ok.
        A quick quiz for you all Who is the fastest super speedster....
        1.flash 2.jhonny qiuk 3.quicksilver ect ect
      • Mark Milton
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 3, 2007
          Actually,  IIRC the new Zoom is the fastest, since he actually manipulates time.  I think Wally West has been demonstrated as the fastest of the Flash line, with Bart, Barry and Jay following in that order, Johnny Quick is the red-headed step child of the speedsters, although he is fast enough to 'walk on water' without breaking the surface tension.

          In the MU Quicksilver has been back and forth as to his speed levels, but even at his peak, he was no where in the Flash's league. Northstar/Auruoa are actually faster then QS, right around light speed, but fly rather then run,  Makkari is up there as well , but the entire MU speedster pantheon lost to a certain "Buried Alien" in a classic Quasar back in the late 80's/ early 90's.

          On 1/2/07, rsd1ca <rsd1ca@...> wrote:

          Hey guuys lets just discus our comics here ok not world politics ok.
          A quick quiz for you all Who is the fastest super speedster....
          1.flash 2.jhonny qiuk 3.quicksilver ect ect

        • Richard J.
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 7, 2007
            I think speed, like strength, clearly comes down to who came out of
            the gate first and has lasted. That obviously says Flash and
            Quicksilver (I'll get to Johnny Quick in a bit).

            the conclusion about Superman was that he had to be strongest because
            he was the first hero. That's led to problems.

            Now we have seen newer characters emerge such as the Thing and
            Wolverine and suddenly they are remarkable.

            I recall an issue of the Fantastic Four that I thought promised the
            Torch and Medusa fighting together, and I got the book, then got the
            continuation and guess what? The Thing saved them in the end. I
            thought what a crock.

            So characters who who have been maintained the longest will be the
            fastest?

            I think it is common practice for companies to want their new
            character called the Thimble to be perceived as all powerful, so they
            will have the Thimble in a showdown with Galactus or the Timetrapper
            and the Thimble will win.

            So it will be just as likely for Marvel to want their new mutant teen
            ager called the Zip to be the fastest character and Zip will outrace
            Quicksilver with no problem.

            Same for the Flash at DC.

            So with all of that in mind, I always have to hearken back to
            explanations offered up about the Fantastic Four, when it was asked
            how long can Mr. Fantastic stretch?

            The answer was that it would depend on how Reed Richards feels, how
            tired he might be.

            Now with that in mind, let's examine our speedsters; whoever anyone
            wants to name, but I'll go with the Flash, Quicksilver and Johnny
            Quick.

            Depending on which Flash you want to examine, the late great Barry
            Allen or Wally West (I don't read comic books so regularly, so I
            don't know who the Flash might be now), or Pietro or Johnny Chambers,
            I would chalk it up to intelligence.

            Of these four, I would have to put PIetro, Johnny Chambers and Wally
            West low in that list as, all of MY comic book reading, none of them
            have ever displayed level-headed thinking.

            Pietro had a temper, Chambers would be conceited, West didn't take
            things seriously enough.

            Barry Allen, even at thinking that he was one of the blandest
            characters around, always seemed cool-headed.

            If we tried to do crossword puzzles, if you got in a hurry, youre not
            going to think clearly.

            This would give Barry the advantage over the other guys and THAT
            would make him faster, not some speedometer on a treadmill.

            --- In DC_Comics_uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Milton"

            On 1/2/07, rsd1ca <rsd1ca@...> wrote:
            Hey guuys lets just discus our comics here ok not world politics ok.
            A quick quiz for you all Who is the fastest super speedster....
            1.flash 2.jhonny qiuk 3.quicksilver ect ect
          • killian painehammer
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2007
              hey rich if u got bat the dark knight return can i download please lemme know

              http://mail.yahoo.com