DC cancels six titles

  • darci386
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2014

      From ICv2 - DC Cancels Six

      DC Cancels Six

      Selling from 9,300 to 16,000

      Published: 05/19/2014 06:10pm

      It’s time for the annual pruning of DC Universe titles, in which the company ends poor-selling books with their August issues to clear the decks for replacement titles.  DC did the same last year (see "DC Cancels Four").

      DC will be cancelling six DCU books with the August issues, according to the solicitation information released today.  The six books, along with their most recent sales numbers for the April issues (see "Top 300 Comics--April 2014") follow:

      • 16,358     Birds of Prey
      • 15,382     Superboy
      • 15,337     Trinity of Sin Pandora
      • 14,899     Trinity of Sin The Phantom Stranger
      • 12,285     All-Star Western
      •   9,313     Batwing
      These are the poorest sellers among the DC Universe titles, so no surprising casualties.

      DC has already announced its big September promotion (see "DC Releases September 'Future's End' Solicitations").

    • Edward Bebee
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2014
        With the caveat that I haven't read any of these*, the only surprises I'm seeing are….

        -->  Birds of Prey. This used to be a decent selling title pre-N52. Not spectacular but did ok.

        -->  All-Star Western & Batwing. Amazing these weren't cancelled before now. They've been poor sellers for a long time.

        * I did read the odd issue of Jonah Hex's previous series which I think was the same creative team. I thought they were quite good but it didn't turn me into a regular reader.