Batman Beyond by Darwyn Cooke

  • darci386
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2014

      Yahoo had a note that a new Batman Beyond short had debuted at Wondercon.  Their article (at https://tv.yahoo.com/news/watch-batman-beyond-short-unveiled-wondercon-193407952.html ) linked to http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/watch-the-new-batman-beyond-short-unveiled-at-wondercon-1201159956/

      April 20, 2014 | 12:34PM PT

      Alex Stedman

      It’s been 75 years since the now famous Dark Knight graced the cover of May 1939′s “Detective Comics No. 27,” and DC is rolling out all kinds of new material for Batman’s 75th anniversary. The latest is a “Batman Beyond” animated short, revealed by the Warner Bros. panel on Saturday at WonderCon.
      The short is based on the animated series of the same name that started in 1999, which followed Bruce Wayne as he taught a young Terry McGinnis to carry his legacy as Batman. It comes from Darwyn Cooke, who created “DC: The New Frontier.” The artist and writer also used to work for Warner Bros. Animation and animated the title sequence for the “Batman Beyond” series.
      Kevin Conroy and Will Friedle return to the short to reprise their roles as the voices of Wayne and McGinnis, respectively. In it, they face off against what seems to be another Batman. Fittingly, there’s a few Easter eggs at the end.
      The video clocks in at just more than a minute, but packs a lot of punch. It’s scheduled to air Wednesday on Cartoon Network after “Teen Titans,”

      Comments:
       Mike D. says:
       April 21, 2014 at 2:48 pm
      Personally, I want to see a Batman Beyond reboot. I liked how they brought Batman into the future, and it appeals to older audiences

       Dean says:
       April 21, 2014 at 12:26 pm
      I liked the Batman Beyond cartoon when it was on. I wish they would bring it back on.

       Mike says:
       April 21, 2014 at 3:23 am
      The Batman Beyond concept has always annoyed the Hell out of me. First of all, the bat symbol should be just about any other color than red. How about some shade of blue or gray? Second, why don’t they ditch the Terry McGillis nonsense (or whatever his name is), and just go back to when Bruce Wayne first became this silly “Batman Beyond” thing? I HATE Batman Beyond. Its no wonder they keep that decrepit old Bruce Wayne character hanging around, otherwise it wouldn’t be worth watching. I would KILL Terry McGillis with a clone of the Joker and replace him with a seasoned Dick Grayson, and then just retire the Batman Beyond character after that and go back to something worth watching. I hate it when the trusted, classic franchises start slipping too much and Batman Beyond is too great a slip and should be mothballed for future reference. And wake up Barbara Gordon, wherever she is, and put her in a Batgirl Beyond costume, with Dick Grayson in the Batman Beyond costume with a blue bat. Hell, I don’t even know what I’m doing and I could do a better job than some of these so-called writers. If I could draw and design, I’d go to their comic book and corporate offices wherever they are and apply for work so we can see some better cartoons. Maybe I’ll start sending in some story ideas. A lot of this stuff is sh*t and needs to be rebooted for simple rewatchability. All of you, start knocking on DC’s door with your ideas for some better material. They’re slipping.

       bob@... says:
       April 21, 2014 at 1:15 pm
      Hey Adam West – get over it – its a TV show not life & death!! The concept is very cool and keeps the Batman mythos fresh in contrast. I wish they’d bring it back!!

       Kevin Muehlbauer says:
       April 21, 2014 at 2:37 am
      How about a live action “Batman Beyond” with Clint Eastwood as Bruce Wayne, and since he has the martial arts skills to pull it off, Taylor Lautner as Terry McGinnis. If they could get Eastwood to direct as well, it could be incredible…

       Tom Bates says:
       April 21, 2014 at 1:08 am
      Looks Cool!! Batman is one of my VERY favorite Comic Book Super Heroes!! I hope they realy do it up for his 75th Anniversary!

       Claudius Valentine says:
       April 20, 2014 at 8:38 pm
      please please make a new tv series and live action movie out of this PLEASE!!!
      this is the batman we want……actually the more batmans the better
      because we already have a few super people that count of superman times 10
       so adding Terry McGinnis’s batman in a future accident that send him back in time
       is soo awesome it has to be done
      the best thing out of batman beyond was the batman character Terry McGinnis
       there are so many characters even a few future ones that were sent back in time
       that they forgot about one of the best bat offsprings batman beyond
      just because terry’s from the future doesn't mean he has to stay there.

       Shawn says:
       April 20, 2014 at 8:16 pm
      They must return, this short clip was amazing. I miss this series sooo much. At least make a movie….

       Kevin Kuoch says:
       April 20, 2014 at 7:50 pm
      Now this is Batman baby. Not throat-cancer Bale. Good to see Kevin Conroy back in the saddle. Been a fan of his 20+ years as Batman since day 1.