movie question

  • Jonathan Hunter-Kilmer
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 21, 2013
      What is the title of the last Superman movie, the one very few people saw and those who saw hated?

      --
      Jonathan

      "Ignorance ain't not knowin stuff.  Ignorance is knowing stuff that ain't true."  Josh Billings

      " . . . and then I thought of something my grandmother used to say to me.  'Mervyn,'she'd say, 'don't be an idiot.'"-- Merv Griffin

      Bird:"Hi, I'm an Apterix, a wingless bird with hairy feathers."
      Rock: "And here I was feeling sorry for myself."  -- Johnny Hart

      "What are you, a tough guy?"
      "As a matter of fact, I am."
                                     -- Robert Parker

      My grandson, John Paul, was born on July 15th, 2010.  8 lbs 6oz,

      My granddaughter, Cecilia Therese, was born 01/28/11.  7lbs 13 oz.

      My granddaughter, Charlotte Ann, was born 09/12/12.

      My grandchildren, twin girls named Mary Claire and Elizabeth Anna, were born 11/14/12.
    • atomtetsuwan2002
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 21, 2013

         I think that might Superman Returns...

        Jonathan Michael Reiter

        Atomtetsuwan2002

        jmr

        at2k2

        ---In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, <lucascage@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Roberto Agustin De Leon

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 21, 2013

            I believe the answer is Superman Returns...
            Atomtetsuwan2002
            at2k2

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 21, 2013
              Superman returns is the one that came out before Man of Steel. One of the worst movies ever. On the level of Batman and Robin horrible.

              Sent from my iPod

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 22, 2013
                OTOH, I believe the most recent film was "Man of Steel" (2013), which had moderately good reviews. "Superman Returns" (2006) was the one almost everyone disliked.
                Hope this helps,
                Darci

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 23, 2013
                      Rich:
                      > I realize that I'm in the minority but Superman 3 & 4 (the Chris Reeve movies) make Superman Returns look like a 5 Star movie.

                      I'd agree with you. I had blocked out how bad those films were. The Joel Schumacher Batman films were also worse than Superman Returns.

                      But Superman Returns was still bad. I thought Kevin Spacey did well within the scope of playing Gene Hackman but it's not like he saved the movie or made it worth watching.

                      --> e
                    • Jonathan Hunter-Kilmer
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 23, 2013
                        Superman represent honesty and loyalty, though not to the degree if telling anyone but Lana Lang and any intimate friend his identity.  Any script must begin with that.  Superman Returns had none of that, Kate Bosworth looked like a blond who died her hair black (big mistake) and the acting was lousy all around was nasty anyway.  I think it was also a mistake to cast Cyclops as Lois' husband, but the Human Torch as Steve Rogers worked out perfectly, in my opinion.

                        Rich:

                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 18, 2013
                          The last superman movie released was Man of Steel. It's a reboot.
                          This received negativity because there are people unwilling to accept this is not at all Iike the Christopher reeve superman.
                          Also the fact this is a superman movie that has no connection to the Christopher reeve superman movies.

                          You may be talking about Superman returns that came before man of steel released summer of 2006. It was reported to be a loose sequel to superman 2 if I recall right.
                          I talked about this with a friend and it's split fifty fifty for those hated and those that liked or loved it.
                          The movie had so many dang problems including it if this was suppose to talk place after superman 2 than the whole speech he gave I won't abandon earth again was bullcrap because he goes searching for his planet that no longer exists.