Man Of Steel...

  • atomtetsuwan2002
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 17, 2013
      One Phrase, Folks...

      SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!
    • randolph carsten
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 17, 2013
        Superman dosn't kill. for that if nothing else to me this franchise is dead.

        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 17, 2013
          Don't be such a wuss.  He didn't want to. He had to. You saw how upset he was afterward, but what other choice did he have?

          ________________________________
          Superman dosn't kill. for that if nothing else to me this franchise is dead.

            he may not have, but the WRTER did! HE had the choice to eaither uphold this tradtional CORE fsacet of the charater or not and he..chose..not to. it is that black and white.

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
              I don't deny that was a total surprise that I wasn't happy with either but it has happened before in an issue of a comic book.

              See here - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/hero-worship-the-complexity-of-man-of-steel

              (it's down the page)

              On Jun 18, 2013, at 7:23 AM, randolph carsten wrote:

              > he may not have, but the WRTER did! HE had the choice to eaither uphold this tradtional CORE fsacet of the charater or not and he..chose..not to. it is that black and white.

            • Jonathan Reiter
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                Obviously not. But, still... This movie was way better than Superman Returns...

                Superman dosn't kill. for that if nothing else to me this franchise is dead.

                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                  Wonder Woman killed Max Lord that way... And she’s still being a heroine and ambassador of her people to the outside world...

                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                    here is a point wheare we probably should agree to disagree. that is another example the lacklustermishandling of their characters and of how DC has been turning away from long established charater concepets for the sake of exipidancy, the DC universe used to be a brighter more hopeful place, NOT merely "the real world only with supers" but a place that was BETTER because of them. their embraceing grim realisism is the root cause of many of the companies woes over the last 25 years as it undemines the supspension of disbelief that alowed their major characters to excelle.
                    instead they tried to mimic Marvles style which is a poor fit at best for most of these characters.
                    ah well merely my opipnos and yes I am old fashioned and out of touch,
                    but hey your opions are just as valid and if you like the new takes on the characters that is great! oh and thankyou for being more respectful than some of the youngsters have been over the years!

                    --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Reiter" <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                    > Wonder Woman killed Max Lord that way... And she’s still being a heroine and ambassador of her people to the outside world...
                    > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                    > jmr

                  • Jonathan Reiter
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                      I will agree with you on that... I still think that the optimism and hope should be there, because that is what the symbol on Supes’s chest means, to Kryptonians... We’re past the Silver and Bronze ages, for better or worse. I think that’s how we should be. BUT we should go back to embracing the wide eyed optimism of the Silver And Bronze Ages of Comics.

                      --- In mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Reiter" <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                      > Wonder Woman killed Max Lord that way... And she’s still being a heroine and ambassador of her people to the outside world...
                      > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                      > jmr

                    • randolph carsten
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                        thanks guy! nice not to get told to go back to my bed in the Old Fools Home! got ask have you noticed the similarities between the DC titles of the last few years and those of the old EC comics of the fifties?

                        I will agree with you on that... I still think that the optimism and hope should be there, because that is what the symbol on Supes’s chest means, to Kryptonians... We’re past the Silver and Bronze ages, for better or worse. I think that’s how we should be. BUT we should go back to embracing the wide eyed optimism of the Silver And Bronze Ages of Comics.

                        here is a point wheare we probably should agree to disagree. that is another example the lacklustermishandling of their characters and of how DC has been turning away from long established charater concepets for the sake of exipidancy, the DC universe used to be a brighter more hopeful place, NOT merely "the real world only with supers" but a place that was BETTER because of them. their embraceing grim realisism is the root cause of many of the companies woes over the last 25 years as it undemines the supspension of disbelief that alowed their major characters to excelle.
                        instead they tried to mimic Marvles style which is a poor fit at best for most of these characters.
                        ah well merely my opipnos and yes I am old fashioned and out of touch,
                        but hey your opions are just as valid and if you like the new takes on the characters that is great! oh and thankyou for being more respectful than some of the youngsters have been over the years!

                        --- In mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Reiter" <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                        > Wonder Woman killed Max Lord that way... And sheâs still being a heroine and ambassador of her people to the outside world...
                        > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                        > jmr

                      • randolph carsten
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                           I am familiar with the issue and it marked the beging of the character's decline.
                          sorry but I do have to say that I am a pre-crisis fan and was not impressed with the post crisis setting.

                          I don't deny that was a total surprise that I wasn't happy with either but it has happened before in an issue of a comic book.

                          See here - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/hero-worship-the-complexity-of-man-of-steel

                          (it's down the page)

                          On Jun 18, 2013, at 7:23 AM, randolph carsten wrote:

                          > he may not have, but the WRTER did! HE had the choice to eaither uphold this tradtional CORE fsacet of the charater or not and he..chose..not to. it is that black and white.

                        • Jonathan Reiter
                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                            Yup. And not in a nice way, either... I guess the CCA was good for some things, after all...

                            thanks guy! nice not to get told to go back to my bed in the Old Fools Home! got ask have you noticed the similarities between the DC titles of the last few years and those of the old EC comics of the fifties?

                            I will agree with you on that... I still think that the optimism and hope should be there, because that is what the symbol on Supes’s chest means, to Kryptonians... We’re past the Silver and Bronze ages, for better or worse. I think that’s how we should be. BUT we should go back to embracing the wide eyed optimism of the Silver And Bronze Ages of Comics.

                            here is a point wheare we probably should agree to disagree. that is another example the lacklustermishandling of their characters and of how DC has been turning away from long established charater concepets for the sake of exipidancy, the DC universe used to be a brighter more hopeful place, NOT merely "the real world only with supers" but a place that was BETTER because of them. their embraceing grim realisism is the root cause of many of the companies woes over the last 25 years as it undemines the supspension of disbelief that alowed their major characters to excelle.
                            instead they tried to mimic Marvles style which is a poor fit at best for most of these characters.
                            ah well merely my opipnos and yes I am old fashioned and out of touch,
                            but hey your opions are just as valid and if you like the new takes on the characters that is great! oh and thankyou for being more respectful than some of the youngsters have been over the years!

                            --- In mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Reiter" <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                            > Wonder Woman killed Max Lord that way... And sheâs still being a heroine and ambassador of her people to the outside world...
                            > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                            > jmr

                          • randolph carsten
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                              and how all the major talents that were saying "oh we don't need any out side agency we casn police our selves just fine!" have gotten AWFULLY quiet.
                              ah well gusse we'll just have to wait for the next Fredric Wertham
                              to get them to clean up their act! the company certinly dose not listen to us.
                              sour grape I know but still.

                              Yup. And not in a nice way, either... I guess the CCA was good for some things, after all...

                              thanks guy! nice not to get told to go back to my bed in the Old Fools Home! got ask have you noticed the similarities between the DC titles of the last few years and those of the old EC comics of the fifties?

                              I will agree with you on that... I still think that the optimism and hope should be there, because that is what the symbol on Supes’s chest means, to Kryptonians... We’re past the Silver and Bronze ages, for better or worse. I think that’s how we should be. BUT we should go back to embracing the wide eyed optimism of the Silver And Bronze Ages of Comics.

                              here is a point wheare we probably should agree to disagree. that is another example the lacklustermishandling of their characters and of how DC has been turning away from long established charater concepets for the sake of exipidancy, the DC universe used to be a brighter more hopeful place, NOT merely "the real world only with supers" but a place that was BETTER because of them. their embraceing grim realisism is the root cause of many of the companies woes over the last 25 years as it undemines the supspension of disbelief that alowed their major characters to excelle.
                              instead they tried to mimic Marvles style which is a poor fit at best for most of these characters.
                              ah well merely my opipnos and yes I am old fashioned and out of touch,
                              but hey your opions are just as valid and if you like the new takes on the characters that is great! oh and thankyou for being more respectful than some of the youngsters have been over the years!

                              --- In mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Reiter" <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                              > Wonder Woman killed Max Lord that way... And sheâs still being a heroine and ambassador of her people to the outside world...
                              > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                              > jmr

                            • Kent P
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                Saw it again today, in IMAX. I personally think it is a very good movie. I understand the complaints some have, but I believe the merits of the movie far outweigh the negativity that is being heaped. As someone else stated; see it for yourself and make your own call instead of relying on what others saw (and fixated upon).

                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                  As this is perhaps the first of a new sequence of stories about this character, a sequence which is beginning at a point when he's relatively untested, dealing with an issue of planetary importance, why don't we accept that a young man, faced with a kill-or-be-killed battle, had to kill, and was so repulsed that he vows to never do it again...

                                  -feigy-
                                • Jonathan Reiter
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                    Now, that’s THINKING!!!!!!!!
                                    Way to go, Figtree88

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                      point!

                                      As this is perhaps the first of a new sequence of stories about this character, a sequence which is beginning at a point when he's relatively untested, dealing with an issue of planetary importance, why don't we accept that a young man, faced with a kill-or-be-killed battle, had to kill, and was so repulsed that he vows to never do it again...

                                      -feigy-

                                    • Vonnair Goggins Sr
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                        He killed because the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the few...or the one.

                                        ________________________________

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                          And on the note of needs, he did kill before.  Doomsday.

                                          ________________________________
                                          Obviously not. But, still... This movie was way better than Superman Returns...

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                            You’re welcome. I’ve been a fan of DC and Marvel(!?) over the years... Yeah, I saw that look. You know, the confused one.
                                            I just like them because I can’t get enough of their respective product...

                                            here is a point wheare we probably should agree to disagree. that is another example the lacklustermishandling of their characters and of how DC has been turning away from long established charater concepets for the sake of exipidancy, the DC universe used to be a brighter more hopeful place, NOT merely "the real world only with supers" but a place that was BETTER because of them. their embraceing grim realisism is the root cause of many of the companies woes over the last 25 years as it undemines the supspension of disbelief that alowed their major characters to excelle.
                                            instead they tried to mimic Marvles style which is a poor fit at best for most of these characters.
                                            ah well merely my opipnos and yes I am old fashioned and out of touch,
                                            but hey your opions are just as valid and if you like the new takes on the characters that is great! oh and thankyou for being more respectful than some of the youngsters have been over the years!

                                            --- In mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Reiter" <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                                            > Wonder Woman killed Max Lord that way... And she’s still being a heroine and ambassador of her people to the outside world...
                                            > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                                            > jmr

                                          • Greg Ramirez
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                              That's what I told someone else in another comments section.  They were all saying, "Superman doesn't kill".  Superman wouldn't kill humans, and this is where he could adopt the no kill policy.  Some people actually felt that Kal could have blocked Zod's heat vision or turned his head.  It does look like the beginning of Supes adventures.  He got a new job at the Planet, he's wearing the glasses, etc.  I want to go see it again.  I'm also in love with Henry Cavill now.

                                              ________________________________

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Jun 18, 2013
                                                no confused look I used to be too, particularly when the two balanced one another, if you were in the mood for realisim you picked up a Marvle title... esapeisim a DC.
                                                after the crisis it just became more of the same. acttualy I stopped buying Marvle when they killed Captian America. just some things you just shouldnt DO, bring him back or not.

                                                You’re welcome. I’ve been a fan of DC and Marvel(!?) over the years... Yeah, I saw that look. You know, the confused one.
                                                I just like them because I can’t get enough of their respective product...

                                                here is a point wheare we probably should agree to disagree. that is another example the lacklustermishandling of their characters and of how DC has been turning away from long established charater concepets for the sake of exipidancy, the DC universe used to be a brighter more hopeful place, NOT merely "the real world only with supers" but a place that was BETTER because of them. their embraceing grim realisism is the root cause of many of the companies woes over the last 25 years as it undemines the supspension of disbelief that alowed their major characters to excelle.
                                                instead they tried to mimic Marvles style which is a poor fit at best for most of these characters.
                                                ah well merely my opipnos and yes I am old fashioned and out of touch,
                                                but hey your opions are just as valid and if you like the new takes on the characters that is great! oh and thankyou for being more respectful than some of the youngsters have been over the years!

                                                --- In mailto:DC_Comics_Uncensored%40yahoogroups.com, "Jonathan Reiter" <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

                                                > Wonder Woman killed Max Lord that way... And sheâs still being a heroine and ambassador of her people to the outside world...
                                                > Jonathan Michael Reiter
                                                > jmr

                                              • Jonathan Reiter
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Jun 19, 2013
                                                  Yup!

                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Jun 19, 2013
                                                    Aaaand Yup!

                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Jun 24, 2013
                                                      I've seen it twice in 2 different theaters, and I'll be seeing it more than 3 times each time in a different theater. Then after I've seen it in all theaters in the City I live in I'll start over the movie theater that I first saw Man of Steel at.

                                                      It has the most intense action, you understand both the hero and the villain, Krypton looks topnotch, so do the fights plus the heat vision and flying, damage from heat vision looks intantaneous.

                                                      As for SUperman putting his hand over Zod's face when using Heat vision either he burns his hand, or a explosion happens that likely destroys a large portion of the Building.