Re: [DCU] Man of Steel Coming Soon Who's going to see It

  • randolph carsten
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 7, 2013
      uhh no. as far as I have seen in the changes, the reboot, the "reinventing of the charater" were all uneeded! with a character like this  if your going to make changes you need a better reason than this will look really cool and we're doing it now and we can!

      sorry I will be taking my money and buying the George Reeves TV series!

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 7, 2013
        Not in a big hurry to see it either, will probably wait for it to come
        onto Netflix before I see it. I think his new costume makes him look
        too much like a Neo-Nazi. Happy to see a lot of stars in it that I enjoy
        but still not a big enough draw for me. Don't need a darker Superman,
        that's what Batman is for.

        On 6/8/2013 12:01 AM, randolph carsten wrote:

        > uhh no. as far as I have seen in the changes, the reboot, the
        > "reinventing of the charater" were all uneeded! with a character like
        > this if your going to make changes you need a better reason than this
        > will look really cool and we're doing it now and we can!
        >
        > sorry I will be taking my money and buying the George Reeves TV series!

      • Edward Bebee
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 10, 2013
          I will "probably" see it but I'm a little cautious.

          Like any movie based on a comic book, I am hoping that it will be good but I haven't been impressed by the trailers.

        • Rich & Deb
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
            I have been a superman fan since I was born. I grew up with Superman/George Reeves. Watched Lois & Clark, Smallville, all 4 Christopher Reeve films, Superman Returns, the various animated Superman cartoons + plus my comic book collection - so obviously I'm a pretty serious fan. With that said, there have been MANY changes to the mythos over the years. I certainly don't need to repeat anything to the readers here, and with those changes in mind I wasn't going to let that prevent me from seeing this movie.

            After Superman III and IV with Christopher Reeve (horrible movies), and Superman Returns(just okay), I just wanted one more "good" movie before I died (not trying to sound dramatic). Since other decent superhero films have been made in the past several years, I just wanted one with Superman.

            Well, I GOT IT. I respect anyone who doesn't like the film, and yes, I do have some quibbles with certain things, but I LOVED this film. Finally a Superman movie that isn't going to kill any future movies. I now have MORE to look forward to.

            http://rjgreenphoto.wordpress.com/2013/06/09/hes-coming/

            Rich Green

            On Jun 8, 2013, at 12:56 AM, David McMahon wrote:

            > Not in a big hurry to see it either, will probably wait for it to come
            > onto Netflix before I see it. I think his new costume makes him look
            > too much like a Neo-Nazi. Happy to see a lot of stars in it that I enjoy
            > but still not a big enough draw for me. Don't need a darker Superman,
            > that's what Batman is for.
            >
            > On 6/8/2013 12:01 AM, randolph carsten wrote:
            > >
            > > uhh no. as far as I have seen in the changes, the reboot, the
            > > "reinventing of the charater" were all uneeded! with a character like
            > > this if your going to make changes you need a better reason than this
            > > will look really cool and we're doing it now and we can!
            > >
            > > sorry I will be taking my money and buying the George Reeves TV series!

          • Greg Ramirez
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
              I concur.  Man of Steel was awesome. I loved this movie too.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2013
                The changes were made with the costume because that's what superman is wearing in the new continuity and yeah they were needed in Nolan batman they weren't reusing what was already done.