Re: If a Flash Movie was Ever Made Which one Should be used?

  • Edward Bebee
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 22, 2013
      I'd love see Wally be the movie.

      The whole idea of trying to live up to his role model's example I thought worked as a motivation and is something people can relate to.

      Barry never really struck me as having a motivation for what he did. He was/is just some guy who got super powers through a fluke and had no reason to be a vigilante.

      It's like tripping on the sidewalk and finding a harmonica where you fell. You don't suddenly feel motivated to pick it up and become a folk singer. If you did, friends and family would stage an intervention :)

      Jason sez:
      > Also which super villain do you think they should use?

      Grodd. No real reason other than I just like him.

    • Dan Rosa
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2013
        Totally agree... WALLY!

        My idea:
        Origin stories have been done to death and DC could do something really original with a WALLY/FLASH movie that deals with bigger ideas of acceptance, legacy, being a hero versus having the title of hero, while still being Fast, Funny, and Moving

        Setup Barry with an intro like Watchman so that Flash the hero is established and begin with Wally trying to fill Barry's boots, struggling to live up to a legend.   I'd also throw in the idea of Flash as a celebrity with Wally eating it up until his failures make him question whether or not he deserves such praise and play that through the story as he becomes a real hero.

        For a main villain I'd use Savitar. His mystical/religious interpretation of the Speed Force would be interesting to see played off of a down to earth, celeb Wally. Begin with street level action against the Rogues and have Savitar’s speed ninjas interrupt and escalate things.  Max Mercury would be Wally’s mentor. I love his origin story and I thing his flashbacks about time travel would work extremely well on film. He’d introduce time travel and the speed force to Wally and by the end of the story he’d master them both.

        Imagine…a climatic ending with Wally being pursued by Savitar, entering the Speed Force for the first time, seeing Barry, traveling to see his younger self as he’s thrown through time just like in Flash 0, Remembering Linda and returning to her.  Boom perfect ending.  Cliff Hanger with Zoom, or whole Gorilla City with Grodd

        Do it DC, WB, Geoff!
        Dan Rosa

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 25 2:52 PM
          What about the Super Villain.

          Captain Cold Non comic book readers would think he's a poorman's Mr.Freeze but comic book readers could tell them that they are vastly different even though both use freeze guns.
        • David McMahon
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 25 3:00 PM
            They would probably go with the idea of two or three supervillains like
            they try to do in most movies nowadays. I could see them using the
            Captain Cold versus Heatwave rivalry as a nice plot device to involve
            them with the Flash.

            On 3/25/2013 5:52 PM, Jason wrote:

            > What about the Super Villain.
            >
            > Captain Cold Non comic book readers would think he's a poorman's
            > Mr.Freeze but comic book readers could tell them that they are vastly
            > different even though both use freeze guns.

          • Christian
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 26 4:14 AM
              HI,

              Mirror Master purely for the huge number of visual effects they could pull
              off. Not to mention the growing terror every time the cast passed anything
              reflective.

              Reverse Flash again for the visuals, but also to his unhinged nature and
              hints that he is looking a bigger picture form the future.

              -Christian

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 27 8:16 AM
                Christian sez:
                >Mirror Master purely for the huge number of visual effects they could pull
                off. Not to mention the growing terror every time the cast passed anything
                reflective.<

                I like it.

                >Reverse Flash again for the visuals, but also to his unhinged nature and
                hints that he is looking a bigger picture form the future.<

                I'd rather see Savitar but Reverse Flash is more likely as Hollywood likes more obvious "opposites" to fight their heroes.

                --> e
              • Christian
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 27 12:07 PM
                  Reverse Flash is one of those villains that’s all about foreshadowing.
                  Movies seem to love that as it makes plenty of room for a sequel, while
                  adding darkness and foreboding to the current story. So, you get a twisted
                  version of the Flash, hell bent on doing this to prevent/ cause some
                  disastrous events in the future. Possibly not even our future but a link to
                  a multiverse, that our hero could look to defend as the Capstone in a
                  trilogy.

                  Or you could just have the Trickster...

                  -Christian