If a Flash Movie was Ever Made Which one Should be used?

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 21, 2013
      Also which super villain do you think they should use?
    • Edward Bebee
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 22, 2013
        I'd love see Wally be the movie.

        The whole idea of trying to live up to his role model's example I thought worked as a motivation and is something people can relate to.

        Barry never really struck me as having a motivation for what he did. He was/is just some guy who got super powers through a fluke and had no reason to be a vigilante.

        It's like tripping on the sidewalk and finding a harmonica where you fell. You don't suddenly feel motivated to pick it up and become a folk singer. If you did, friends and family would stage an intervention :)

        Jason sez:
        > Also which super villain do you think they should use?

        Grodd. No real reason other than I just like him.

      • Dan Rosa
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 22, 2013
          Totally agree... WALLY!

          My idea:
          Origin stories have been done to death and DC could do something really original with a WALLY/FLASH movie that deals with bigger ideas of acceptance, legacy, being a hero versus having the title of hero, while still being Fast, Funny, and Moving

          Setup Barry with an intro like Watchman so that Flash the hero is established and begin with Wally trying to fill Barry's boots, struggling to live up to a legend.   I'd also throw in the idea of Flash as a celebrity with Wally eating it up until his failures make him question whether or not he deserves such praise and play that through the story as he becomes a real hero.

          For a main villain I'd use Savitar. His mystical/religious interpretation of the Speed Force would be interesting to see played off of a down to earth, celeb Wally. Begin with street level action against the Rogues and have Savitar’s speed ninjas interrupt and escalate things.  Max Mercury would be Wally’s mentor. I love his origin story and I thing his flashbacks about time travel would work extremely well on film. He’d introduce time travel and the speed force to Wally and by the end of the story he’d master them both.

          Imagine…a climatic ending with Wally being pursued by Savitar, entering the Speed Force for the first time, seeing Barry, traveling to see his younger self as he’s thrown through time just like in Flash 0, Remembering Linda and returning to her.  Boom perfect ending.  Cliff Hanger with Zoom, or whole Gorilla City with Grodd

          Do it DC, WB, Geoff!
          Dan Rosa

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
            What about the Super Villain.

            Captain Cold Non comic book readers would think he's a poorman's Mr.Freeze but comic book readers could tell them that they are vastly different even though both use freeze guns.
          • David McMahon
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 25, 2013
              They would probably go with the idea of two or three supervillains like
              they try to do in most movies nowadays. I could see them using the
              Captain Cold versus Heatwave rivalry as a nice plot device to involve
              them with the Flash.

              On 3/25/2013 5:52 PM, Jason wrote:

              > What about the Super Villain.
              >
              > Captain Cold Non comic book readers would think he's a poorman's
              > Mr.Freeze but comic book readers could tell them that they are vastly
              > different even though both use freeze guns.

            • Christian
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 26, 2013
                HI,

                Mirror Master purely for the huge number of visual effects they could pull
                off. Not to mention the growing terror every time the cast passed anything
                reflective.

                Reverse Flash again for the visuals, but also to his unhinged nature and
                hints that he is looking a bigger picture form the future.

                -Christian

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 27, 2013
                  Christian sez:
                  >Mirror Master purely for the huge number of visual effects they could pull
                  off. Not to mention the growing terror every time the cast passed anything
                  reflective.<

                  I like it.

                  >Reverse Flash again for the visuals, but also to his unhinged nature and
                  hints that he is looking a bigger picture form the future.<

                  I'd rather see Savitar but Reverse Flash is more likely as Hollywood likes more obvious "opposites" to fight their heroes.

                  --> e
                • Christian
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 27, 2013
                    Reverse Flash is one of those villains that’s all about foreshadowing.
                    Movies seem to love that as it makes plenty of room for a sequel, while
                    adding darkness and foreboding to the current story. So, you get a twisted
                    version of the Flash, hell bent on doing this to prevent/ cause some
                    disastrous events in the future. Possibly not even our future but a link to
                    a multiverse, that our hero could look to defend as the Capstone in a
                    trilogy.

                    Or you could just have the Trickster...

                    -Christian