Re: [DCU] Re: Man Of Steel Trailer 2 Trailer

  • David Webb
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
      As far as origins go, I agree one hundred percent.  I don't even think you'd
      need to do an origin story for a new Superman movie, just take the character
      wherever you want him to go.  Everyone knows who he is and where he came from.

      However, it was only the golden and silver age Superman that didn't grow
      beards.  To get around the problem of his hair being invulnerable and therefore
      uncuttable, it was stated that his beard did not grow at all, and that the hair
      on his hair only grew to a certain length, then sopped growing.

      In the 80's (after the big reboot back then) it was stated that Clark's beard
      did grow and that it took him a while to figure out how to shave.  He would
      direct his heat vision onto his beard via a mirror and burn/melt the beard and
      moustache off his face.

      Don't think this has been addressed in the New 52, though.

      Dave
      vidente@...

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
        Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
          Actually, in the 70s and maybe very late 60s, it was shown that he used
          part of the mirrored window from his rocketship to shave. He would
          focus his heat vision on it and have it reflect on his face, burning off
          his stubble and keeping his hair somewhat short. Trimming the hair on
          the back of his head must have been fun!

          On 1/15/2013 11:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

          > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

        • Vidente
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
            Of course, he did. He's a farm boy. He sopped his biscuits in his gravy
            every morning.

            Dave (who's from Kansas, too)
            vidente@...

            On 1/15/2013 10:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

            > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

          • Christopher Logan Hanssen
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
              He must of used 2 mirrors.

              Actually, in the 70s and maybe very late 60s, it was shown that he used
              part of the mirrored window from his rocketship to shave. He would
              focus his heat vision on it and have it reflect on his face, burning off
              his stubble and keeping his hair somewhat short. Trimming the hair on
              the back of his head must have been fun!

              On 1/15/2013 11:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

              > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!!
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

            • Christopher Logan Hanssen
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                Thats so funny.