Re: [DCU] Re: Man Of Steel Trailer 2 Trailer

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
      As of right now, I'm waiting for DVD. I haven't seen anything in the trailers yet that even remotely look like superman. How does an alien grow a beard? In the comics none of the krpytonians have beards, even on Kandor. And we all by now know superman, did we need an origin story again? Same complaint i had with Amazing Spider-Man, and it took 80% of the movie to create spider-man again, which we just saw in 1998 or whenever that was.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
        As far as origins go, I agree one hundred percent.  I don't even think you'd
        need to do an origin story for a new Superman movie, just take the character
        wherever you want him to go.  Everyone knows who he is and where he came from.

        However, it was only the golden and silver age Superman that didn't grow
        beards.  To get around the problem of his hair being invulnerable and therefore
        uncuttable, it was stated that his beard did not grow at all, and that the hair
        on his hair only grew to a certain length, then sopped growing.

        In the 80's (after the big reboot back then) it was stated that Clark's beard
        did grow and that it took him a while to figure out how to shave.  He would
        direct his heat vision onto his beard via a mirror and burn/melt the beard and
        moustache off his face.

        Don't think this has been addressed in the New 52, though.

        Dave
        vidente@...

        ________________________________
        As of right now, I'm waiting for DVD. I haven't seen anything in the trailers
        yet that even remotely look like superman. How does an alien grow a beard? In
        the comics none of the krpytonians have beards, even on Kandor. And we all by
        now know superman, did we need an origin story again? Same complaint i had with
        Amazing Spider-Man, and it took 80% of the movie to create spider-man again,
        which we just saw in 1998 or whenever that was.

        .

      • Christopher Logan Hanssen
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
          Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
            Actually, in the 70s and maybe very late 60s, it was shown that he used
            part of the mirrored window from his rocketship to shave. He would
            focus his heat vision on it and have it reflect on his face, burning off
            his stubble and keeping his hair somewhat short. Trimming the hair on
            the back of his head must have been fun!

            On 1/15/2013 11:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

            > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

          • Vidente
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
              Of course, he did. He's a farm boy. He sopped his biscuits in his gravy
              every morning.

              Dave (who's from Kansas, too)
              vidente@...

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                He must of used 2 mirrors.

                Actually, in the 70s and maybe very late 60s, it was shown that he used
                part of the mirrored window from his rocketship to shave. He would
                focus his heat vision on it and have it reflect on his face, burning off
                his stubble and keeping his hair somewhat short. Trimming the hair on
                the back of his head must have been fun!

                On 1/15/2013 11:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

                > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!!
                HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

              • Christopher Logan Hanssen
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                  Thats so funny.