Re: Man Of Steel Trailer 2 Trailer

  • turkdeb
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
      Yes! It was impressive, but I'm still wondering how dark, broody Superman will be for me. :)

      Deborah

      Sent from cell.
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
        As of right now, I'm waiting for DVD. I haven't seen anything in the trailers yet that even remotely look like superman. How does an alien grow a beard? In the comics none of the krpytonians have beards, even on Kandor. And we all by now know superman, did we need an origin story again? Same complaint i had with Amazing Spider-Man, and it took 80% of the movie to create spider-man again, which we just saw in 1998 or whenever that was.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
          As far as origins go, I agree one hundred percent.  I don't even think you'd
          need to do an origin story for a new Superman movie, just take the character
          wherever you want him to go.  Everyone knows who he is and where he came from.

          However, it was only the golden and silver age Superman that didn't grow
          beards.  To get around the problem of his hair being invulnerable and therefore
          uncuttable, it was stated that his beard did not grow at all, and that the hair
          on his hair only grew to a certain length, then sopped growing.

          In the 80's (after the big reboot back then) it was stated that Clark's beard
          did grow and that it took him a while to figure out how to shave.  He would
          direct his heat vision onto his beard via a mirror and burn/melt the beard and
          moustache off his face.

          Don't think this has been addressed in the New 52, though.

          Dave
          vidente@...

          ________________________________
          As of right now, I'm waiting for DVD. I haven't seen anything in the trailers
          yet that even remotely look like superman. How does an alien grow a beard? In
          the comics none of the krpytonians have beards, even on Kandor. And we all by
          now know superman, did we need an origin story again? Same complaint i had with
          Amazing Spider-Man, and it took 80% of the movie to create spider-man again,
          which we just saw in 1998 or whenever that was.

          .

        • Christopher Logan Hanssen
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
            Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
              Actually, in the 70s and maybe very late 60s, it was shown that he used
              part of the mirrored window from his rocketship to shave. He would
              focus his heat vision on it and have it reflect on his face, burning off
              his stubble and keeping his hair somewhat short. Trimming the hair on
              the back of his head must have been fun!

              On 1/15/2013 11:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

              > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

            • Vidente
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                Of course, he did. He's a farm boy. He sopped his biscuits in his gravy
                every morning.

                Dave (who's from Kansas, too)
                vidente@...

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                  He must of used 2 mirrors.

                  Actually, in the 70s and maybe very late 60s, it was shown that he used
                  part of the mirrored window from his rocketship to shave. He would
                  focus his heat vision on it and have it reflect on his face, burning off
                  his stubble and keeping his hair somewhat short. Trimming the hair on
                  the back of his head must have been fun!

                  On 1/15/2013 11:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

                  > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!!
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

                • Christopher Logan Hanssen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                    Thats so funny.