Man Of Steel Trailer 2 Trailer

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 12, 2013
      Anyone else seen the 2nd trailer for Man of Steel?
    • turkdeb
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
        Yes! It was impressive, but I'm still wondering how dark, broody Superman will be for me. :)

        Deborah

        Sent from cell.
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
          As of right now, I'm waiting for DVD. I haven't seen anything in the trailers yet that even remotely look like superman. How does an alien grow a beard? In the comics none of the krpytonians have beards, even on Kandor. And we all by now know superman, did we need an origin story again? Same complaint i had with Amazing Spider-Man, and it took 80% of the movie to create spider-man again, which we just saw in 1998 or whenever that was.

          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
            As far as origins go, I agree one hundred percent.  I don't even think you'd
            need to do an origin story for a new Superman movie, just take the character
            wherever you want him to go.  Everyone knows who he is and where he came from.

            However, it was only the golden and silver age Superman that didn't grow
            beards.  To get around the problem of his hair being invulnerable and therefore
            uncuttable, it was stated that his beard did not grow at all, and that the hair
            on his hair only grew to a certain length, then sopped growing.

            In the 80's (after the big reboot back then) it was stated that Clark's beard
            did grow and that it took him a while to figure out how to shave.  He would
            direct his heat vision onto his beard via a mirror and burn/melt the beard and
            moustache off his face.

            Don't think this has been addressed in the New 52, though.

            Dave
            vidente@...

            ________________________________
            As of right now, I'm waiting for DVD. I haven't seen anything in the trailers
            yet that even remotely look like superman. How does an alien grow a beard? In
            the comics none of the krpytonians have beards, even on Kandor. And we all by
            now know superman, did we need an origin story again? Same complaint i had with
            Amazing Spider-Man, and it took 80% of the movie to create spider-man again,
            which we just saw in 1998 or whenever that was.

            .

          • Christopher Logan Hanssen
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
              Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 15, 2013
                Actually, in the 70s and maybe very late 60s, it was shown that he used
                part of the mirrored window from his rocketship to shave. He would
                focus his heat vision on it and have it reflect on his face, burning off
                his stubble and keeping his hair somewhat short. Trimming the hair on
                the back of his head must have been fun!

                On 1/15/2013 11:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

                > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

              • Vidente
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                  Of course, he did. He's a farm boy. He sopped his biscuits in his gravy
                  every morning.

                  Dave (who's from Kansas, too)
                  vidente@...

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                    He must of used 2 mirrors.

                    Actually, in the 70s and maybe very late 60s, it was shown that he used
                    part of the mirrored window from his rocketship to shave. He would
                    focus his heat vision on it and have it reflect on his face, burning off
                    his stubble and keeping his hair somewhat short. Trimming the hair on
                    the back of his head must have been fun!

                    On 1/15/2013 11:06 PM, Christopher Logan Hanssen wrote:

                    > Sopped?? I didn't know Superman sopped??!!!
                    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

                  • Christopher Logan Hanssen
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 16, 2013
                      Thats so funny.