Has Superman Ever beaten Darkseid that wasn't a avatar

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
      A fight where it was Superman fighting Darkseid no Supergirl, Batman, or help from anyone else, and it wasn't revealed several issues later that Superman was fighting a Avatar of Darkseid.
    • Jonathan Reiter
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
        I hope that’s the case. After all, Supes is the Man of Steel, and the first and greatest of DC’s Shared Universe of Heroes...
        I’d hate to think that Darkseid is merely allowing himself to be defeated by Superman just for some sort of amusement, or master plan that keeps getting set back... If that’s so, it can’t be much of a master plan, can it?

        A fight where it was Superman fighting Darkseid no Supergirl, Batman, or help from anyone else, and it wasn't revealed several issues later that Superman was fighting a Avatar of Darkseid.

      • Vannessa Alexisandra "Lexi" Phaithe
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
          Honestly, we know from the last ep of JLU that the only true way to defeat Darkseid is to give him the Anti-Life Equation's solution.....otherwise, he can defeat Supes with an energy cage. *ducks the pillows and other junk about to be thrown*

          Jonathan Reiter <jmrmpd@...> wrote:

          >I hope that’s the case. After all, Supes is the Man of Steel, and the first and greatest of DC’s Shared Universe of Heroes...
          >I’d hate to think that Darkseid is merely allowing himself to be defeated by Superman just for some sort of amusement, or master plan that keeps getting set back... If that’s so, it can’t be much of a master plan, can it?
          >Jonathan Michael Reiter
          >jmr

        • atomtetsuwan2002
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
            I was thinking, in the comics... In JLU, Darkseid was possibly tricked with a light show courtesy Luthor, that was purported to be the solution to the Anti Life Equation... There may be no solution, of course, but you can't tell that to these power mad crazy dictator types... They just don't get logic for some reason.

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2013
              When I say defeat as in knockout or knockdown where Darkseid doesn't get back up that's what I mean by defeat.