Re: Did the Green Lantern Movie Discourge DC from Making other Non B

  • superherostore
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 17, 2012
      I think the trouble with Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman etc is they're too bright. Batman, the X-Men, Hulk, Spidey. They're full of problems. The cinema is so dark, you struggle to find your seat. With his costume, I'm not sure Flash could be anything other than a feel good superhero. Nothing wrong with that but it struggles to be a blockbuster.

      Of course, they could make it full of troubles, like Captain America (who had the same 'too showy for live action' problem). Maybe when Iris died? Mind you, Barry Allen got over that pretty quickly in the comics.

      Jay Garrick's Flash could have maybe worked but given anything remotely left of mainstream (JSA, Shazam, Captain Atom) has been altered beyond interest, I can't see that now.

      For GL, they introduced the whole cast too quickly. It should have been an adventure with a guy trying to control his magic ring, then ending with a snap of Sinestro, or being called to Oa to meet the Guardians/Corp for the first time. It was just too busy. We're starting is #0, not #10 in film terms.

      What I think would be incredible would be New Gods. Imagine it: Star Wars but with super-powers (more than Jedi jumps) and sequences on Earth and space. That would make a great trilogy.
    • Alexisandra Phaithe
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 17, 2012
        If I remember correctly, wasn't the Golden Age Flash just a re-telling, somewhat, of tales of the god Hermes/Mercury?!

        therefore, isn't Jay Garrick's Falsh also an alteration of the ultimate original - check out the other example in "Marvel's The Incredile Dr. Banner & Mr. Hulk"

        :D

        good point about GL: The Movie.  :)

        As for "Super Star Wars: ' Super Force, Super Jedii'" - something similiar is indicated in "The New Jedi Order" series of SW novels.  In that the jedii start to develop a new weapon - a new way to manipulate the force - and they answer the question as to why the positive side of the force can't produce energy shielding or something that ca protect then from force lightening - I'm hoping it'll be force cake....!

        - Lexi