Re: [DCU] Re: Did the Green Lantern Movie Discourge DC from Making other Non BatsSupes Movies

  • Alexisandra Phaithe
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2012
      Couldn't agree more about The GL Movie - :P  Personally, I'm a purist as to adaptation - you only change what was truly confusing or slow or bad in the original.  In that movie, they both massively simplified the story, but garbled a fair amount of it.  And come on...where was Ving Rhames as John Stewart, and/or David Spade or Ben Stiller as Guy Gardner - while we're at it, add in Shia Leboeuf as Kyle Radner?!

      Don't even get me started on the scene where (*SPOILERS*) a group of GLs are going to fight Parallax and all of a sudden they're all the "green shirts"?!  (well, "red shirts" for GL would sound stupid)

      No way they'd send less than their best.  That would mean that Kilowog would have died.

      Oh, and my opinion is that Christopher Judge (Teal'c - "Stargate:  'SG-1'"), Tony Todd (Candyman - "Candyman"), or even Will Smith would have been better Kilowogs.

      -Lexi