Re: Did the Green Lantern Movie Discourge DC from Making other Non BatsS

  • Edward Bebee
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2011
      Jason:
      > >It's new territory for DC making big screen movies of lesser known super heroes. They didn't hit a home run with Green Lantern but doesn't mean they can't learn from it if they still decide to make a Flash movie.

      I think a big part of the rationale for the NewDCU was to make DC's characters more movie/video game friendly so I don't think it discouraged them at all.

      Also, while GL wasn't a success at the box office, it also wasn't a disaster. It did spin off a video game and a cartoon. That should help GL's chances of selling merchandise like pyjamas, etc.

      --> ejb