[DCU] Re: DC new 52

  • MJAmbergei
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 28, 2011
      THNX to both of you for the info, fascinating, i expected their ALL STAR WESTERN, LOL wud b a poor sellar, not sure what DC was thinking on that title & several others. of the below list i wud have expected CAPTAIN ATOM to do well tho.

      Mark

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 28, 2011
        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@...> wrote:

        . . . i expected their ALL STAR WESTERN, LOL wud b a poor sellar, not sure what DC was thinking on that title & several others. . .

        Well, I believe Jonah Hex has a small but loyal audience, and I thought I heard somewhere it does well outside the U.S. They did the movie with him not that long ago (though U.S. box office for that was disappointing), and he's shown up in the Batman: The Brave and Bold cartoon and the comic book based on that show.

        All-Star Western is an old name for DC with a lot of tradition . . . and wasn't Weird Western Tales (which use to feature Jonah Hex) originally titled All Star Western?

        Plus, in this newest book, he travels to 19th century Gotham City for the first arc, so that may have had extra appeal to Batman fans who wouldn't normally try a cowboy comic book.
      • superherostore
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 29, 2011
          The reason I didn't buy Captain Atom is that it's not really Captain Atom. I would have liked to see a modern take but this version is about as close to the original, as Mar-Vell is to Shazam! Not much reason for any Captain Atom fans to buy it. Superman/Boy may have a different slant but it's still the Big Blue Boy Scout at heart.

          Chris

          STARSCAPE
          http://StarscapeComic.co.uk
          comics, cartoons, music & movies

        • Ditkomania@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 29, 2011
            In a message dated 10/29/2011 11:23:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            xmscity1225@... writes:

            Well, I believe Jonah Hex has a small but loyal audience,

            I WAS a part of that audience until the New 52. Now I am putting aside the
            $3 a month towards completing my Kirby collection. Just bought 10
            40-year-old Kirby comics off of Ebay for less than $2 a piece. Betcha they will be
            more fun to read and appreciate in value faster!
            Bill _http://dailykirby.blogspot.com/_
            (http://dailykirby.blogspot.com/)

          • Christian
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 29, 2011
              Hi,

              OMAC from the DCNu line has Kirby tendencies. I quite enjoyed it and
              All-Star Westen is also a decent read. Both are better than most of the
              deluge of new titles. I had drifted away form Jonah Hex a while ago, but
              will be picking up the new title if the quality of the first issue is
              anything to go by.

              -Christian

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 3, 2011
                --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "Christian" <comics@...> wrote:

                OMAC from the DCNu line has Kirby tendencies.

                Well, considering the source for that character, it only makes sense.
              • Allen Smith
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 5, 2011
                  The art is fine, I just wish someone other than Didio was writing it.

                      Allen Smith