Re: [DCU] Question about character Names

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25, 2011
      I think the problem would be more if the name was truly recognizable with the company, like Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America, etc.

      And don't forget that both Marvel AND DC have heroes named "Captain Marvel" . . . Marvel has the rights to use that name as a title, so DC has had to use variations of "Shazam!" for it's comics with Captain Marvel. (But they can still call the Big Red Cheese "Captain Marvel" within the comics.)

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Darci <darci386@...> wrote:

      Jason,
      No, just like Marvel can have a Phoenix and so can Atlas.  The name itself is not unique enough.