Re: More of those pesky thoughts

  • MJAmbergei
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 17 12:50 PM
      Well, as far as I know Ultra boy pretty much has similar
      powers that Superman has.

      Mark

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Kris Rahm <kriscomix3@...> wrote:

      > Dear LSHers:
      >
      > Would Ultra Boy ever experiment with his power? Could he: shape-change (even to the extent of Elastic Lad, if not Chameleon or Plastic Man? :become invisible and/or intangible, something Chameleon did way back, when he was Chameleon Boy? :use his power mentally, a la Saturn Girl? :become another Duplicate Boy? :grow or shrink? :utilize any of the Metal Men's properties (or like Metamorpho, become and use ANY element? :change genders (a function of shape-changing)? Or is he in his comfort zone, using the variety he routinely employs? Just several random thoughts.

    • Brian Swindler
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18 11:23 AM
        I seem to remember a time that Ultra Boys powers were tested by Brainiac 5 to determine his exact abilities and limitations. I'm not positive but I think somewhere I read that his powers were similar to Superboys becuz he was thinking about Superboy. Can't swear to that.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

      • MJAmbergei
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18 1:57 PM
          Right, like Superboy/Superman's powers.
          Now that leaves the qustion, what were Mon-el's powers?
          I think they were similar to Superboy's too.

          Mark

          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Brian Swindler <leadtrmptplyr@...> wrote:

          > I seem to remember a time that Ultra Boys powers were tested by Brainiac 5 to determine his exact abilities and limitations. I'm not positive but I think somewhere I read that his powers were similar to Superboys becuz he was thinking about Superboy. Can't swear to that.
          >

          > Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        • Kris Rahm
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19 8:25 AM
            AJ:

            Mon-El, Valor to some, had the same yellow-sun-given abilities as Super-types. Daxamites are notoriously home-bound, which is why, despite an entire, non-exploded planet of them, you've only heard about one or two!

            Kris

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 22 11:09 AM
              Thanks, that's what I seemed to remember. Though Mon-el & especially Ultra Boy have always been big favorites of mine, having the same powers as Superboy would seem to make them redundant, but glad they created these great characters anyway, BTW, Ultra Boy had the best costume of all the Legionaires, IMHO

              Mark

              --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, Kris Rahm <kriscomix3@...> wrote:

              > AJ:
              >
              > Mon-El, Valor to some, had the same yellow-sun-given abilities as Super-types. Daxamites are notoriously home-bound, which is why, despite an entire, non-exploded planet of them, you've only heard about one or two!
              >
              > Kris

            • Tracey Neve
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 25 11:09 AM
                Mon-El was weakened by lead in the same way Superboy was weakened by kryptonite. Ironically kryptonite could shield Mon-El from lead and lead could save Superboy from kryptonite!