Re: [DCU] Re: The Green Lantern Movie is Amazing (Spoilers) Only Read If You ...

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2011
      IMDB.COM lists Bucky will be portrayed by Sebastian Stan.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2011
        So how would 'kids' relate to the Indiana Jones movies of the 1980s (which took place 40 years previously)? How do 'kids today' relate to Lord Of The Rings which takes place in a mythical medieval kingdom?
        The buzz on Captain America is white hot while WB deliberately imposed a news blackout on GL until it's release.- That was quite telling-
        Peter

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2011
          Wizards and mythical medieval kingdoms have been a staple of children's literature for quite a while . . . World War II, however, becomes more remote to kids as time passes.

          I remember when there were plenty of comic books, TV shows, movies, and toys that were connected with World War II when I was a kid. But the again, it was still "recent history" then, and my Dad was one of those who served during WWII.

          Now, however, there's less overall exposure to the second World War . . . more and more veterans are passing away, and kids these days may have had a grandfather or (perhaps more likely) great-grandfather who might have been alive during the war years, but they probably have as much of a connection to WWII as my generation maybe had with WWI or the Spanish-American War. (And how much WWII history is taught in schools these days? Do they have time to cover that period with all the other things they're supposedly learning? When I was a substitute teacher in middle school (grades 5/6 - 8), they didn't make it beyond possibly the U.S. Civil War.)

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2011
            We'll see what happens in a few weeks.
            I was watching the trailer for Capt. America in the theatre last month for a 11 pm showing of Thor and the one lone kid (probably no older ten) in the audience screamed out 'Yes!' when Cap slung his shield at the camera.
            Peter