Re: Getting Closer to the Green Lantern Movie

  • MJAmbergei
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 22, 2011
      You made it sound much better!!

      Mark

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "superherostore" <chrissmillie@...> wrote:

      > My criticism is that we did meet all those members straight away. It must be (as critics have complained it was) imperceptible for newbies. I would have preferred they followed the structure of the comics. Introduce Green Lantern as a hero with a magic ring from a dead alien. Then end with a:
      > "Who are you?"
      > "We are the Guardians, Green Lantern of Sector 2814"
      > "Sector wha-? You mean there's more of me out there?"
      > Screen rolls back to see the assembled GLs
      > Sinestro comes up and shakes his hand
      > "Welcome Green Lantern of Earth to the Green Lantern Corps"
      > Cue GL2.
      >
      > I liked the current film but too rushed for me. Too many elements being established. At least it should make for a better GL2.
      >
      > Oh and the best 3D since Avatar. My wife said 'imagine the Silver Surfer in 3D' - wow, what a concept!
      >
      > Chris
      >

      > STARSCAPE
      > http://StarscapeOnline.com
      > comics, cartoons, music & movies
      >
      > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
      > > battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.
      > >
      > > Mark

    • Peter
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 23, 2011
        There may not be a GL2- although #1 at the box office it performed below expectations.
        If there is a sequel- I hope they get a different director and writers- they need to rethink the concept and make it more interesting to the non-fan audience.
        Peter

        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "superherostore" <chrissmillie@...> wrote:

        > I liked the current film but too rushed for me. Too many elements being established. At least it should make for a better GL2.
        >
        > Oh and the best 3D since Avatar. My wife said 'imagine the Silver Surfer in 3D' - wow, what a concept!
        >
        > Chris
        >

        > STARSCAPE
        > http://StarscapeOnline.com
        > comics, cartoons, music & movies
        >
        > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
        > > battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.
        > >
        > > Mark

      • Rich & Deb
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 23, 2011
          This seems to be a common problem with most superhero movies.

          Rich Green

          On Jun 23, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Peter wrote:

          > If there is a sequel- I hope they get a different director and
          > writers- they need to rethink the concept
          > Peter

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 25, 2011
            Plus GL may just not be a character that has much appeal to the non-fan audience. It's all about this 'magic ring' that can do anything- so there's rarely any true suspense.
            Plus the producers and writer couldn't decide whether to focus on the earthbound soap opera or the starbound space opera- you can't have both-
            Petr