Re: Getting Closer to the Green Lantern Movie

  • superherostore
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 22, 2011
      My criticism is that we did meet all those members straight away. It must be (as critics have complained it was) imperceptible for newbies. I would have preferred they followed the structure of the comics. Introduce Green Lantern as a hero with a magic ring from a dead alien. Then end with a:
      "Who are you?"
      "We are the Guardians, Green Lantern of Sector 2814"
      "Sector wha-? You mean there's more of me out there?"
      Screen rolls back to see the assembled GLs
      Sinestro comes up and shakes his hand
      "Welcome Green Lantern of Earth to the Green Lantern Corps"
      Cue GL2.

      I liked the current film but too rushed for me. Too many elements being established. At least it should make for a better GL2.

      Oh and the best 3D since Avatar. My wife said 'imagine the Silver Surfer in 3D' - wow, what a concept!

      Chris

      STARSCAPE
      http://StarscapeOnline.com
      comics, cartoons, music & movies

      --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@...> wrote:

      > Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
      > battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.
      >
      > Mark
    • MJAmbergei
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 22, 2011
        You made it sound much better!!

        Mark

        --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "superherostore" <chrissmillie@...> wrote:

        > My criticism is that we did meet all those members straight away. It must be (as critics have complained it was) imperceptible for newbies. I would have preferred they followed the structure of the comics. Introduce Green Lantern as a hero with a magic ring from a dead alien. Then end with a:
        > "Who are you?"
        > "We are the Guardians, Green Lantern of Sector 2814"
        > "Sector wha-? You mean there's more of me out there?"
        > Screen rolls back to see the assembled GLs
        > Sinestro comes up and shakes his hand
        > "Welcome Green Lantern of Earth to the Green Lantern Corps"
        > Cue GL2.
        >
        > I liked the current film but too rushed for me. Too many elements being established. At least it should make for a better GL2.
        >
        > Oh and the best 3D since Avatar. My wife said 'imagine the Silver Surfer in 3D' - wow, what a concept!
        >
        > Chris
        >

        > STARSCAPE
        > http://StarscapeOnline.com
        > comics, cartoons, music & movies
        >
        > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
        > > battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.
        > >
        > > Mark

      • Peter
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 23, 2011
          There may not be a GL2- although #1 at the box office it performed below expectations.
          If there is a sequel- I hope they get a different director and writers- they need to rethink the concept and make it more interesting to the non-fan audience.
          Peter

          --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "superherostore" <chrissmillie@...> wrote:

          > I liked the current film but too rushed for me. Too many elements being established. At least it should make for a better GL2.
          >
          > Oh and the best 3D since Avatar. My wife said 'imagine the Silver Surfer in 3D' - wow, what a concept!
          >
          > Chris
          >

          > STARSCAPE
          > http://StarscapeOnline.com
          > comics, cartoons, music & movies
          >
          > --- In DC_Comics_Uncensored@yahoogroups.com, "MJAmbergei" <cinema_paradiso70@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Sounds from the descriptions here that it's all fighting & big SPFX
          > > battles, I'd be much more interested in meeting all the wonderful & weird characters of the Green-Red-Orange-Yellow-Blue-Indigo-Violet Lantern world...maybe next time.
          > >
          > > Mark

        • Rich & Deb
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 23, 2011
            This seems to be a common problem with most superhero movies.

            Rich Green

            On Jun 23, 2011, at 9:18 AM, Peter wrote:

            > If there is a sequel- I hope they get a different director and
            > writers- they need to rethink the concept
            > Peter

          • Peter
            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 25, 2011
              Plus GL may just not be a character that has much appeal to the non-fan audience. It's all about this 'magic ring' that can do anything- so there's rarely any true suspense.
              Plus the producers and writer couldn't decide whether to focus on the earthbound soap opera or the starbound space opera- you can't have both-
              Petr